7-point CI shutdown puzzle thread

[spoiler]Yep! Single and double clot are the same difficulty, I just figured folks would copy solution for puzzle 13 and not realize you could score all three with one cvs. Here is single clot using puzzle 13 solution and $1 less:

Biotic ($4, ****)
PS ($5, ***)
Mirror JJV ($6, **)
AD -> SFSS(PV), SFSS(PV), Biotic ($11, ***)
Play cvs, rez, and purge ($14, **)
Score 1 counter, counter for AD
AD -> Mirror JVF, SFSS(PV), SFSS(PV) ($16, *)
Score 1 counter, counter for AD
AD -> SFSS(GFI), SFSS(GFI), SFK(GFI) ($17)[/spoiler]

1 Like

Posting this before we forget it. At worlds, @mediohxcore lost to @d1en’s hades shard on a peddler, by choosing to play around clot-peddler and assuming hades was absent. But Dan and I talked it over afterward and found a better play…

Puzzle #26: Play around both peddler-hades and peddler-clot. (Or, what’s the best you can do?)

Hand: biotic x2, PS, AD x3, SFSS x2, SFK x2, SFMM, RO, reuse, JH x3, plenty of agendas

Situation: The runner has a peddler which might host either clot or hades shard. The runner stole 4 points already, leaving 3 agendas in R&D. You may only pass priority to the runner if at most 1 of those agendas is in archives. What’s the best you can do while also playing around (single) clot?

[quote=“Solution 26”][spoiler]This solution assumes that the runner will pop hades at the earliest possible moment, i.e., after you shuffle in pile #1. This is a 50/50 if the runner has perfect info, because you might use pile 1 to intern/archive/reclamation the agendas to safety instead. (So if the peddler is 50/50 clot/hades, this play is 75% to win.)

biotic 14 ****
mirror JJE 13 ***
PS 12 **
shuffle in biotic, 2x agenda, hope runner shards now
AD → biotic 7 ***
SFSS(EC) 7 *
AD → intern CVS, sublim, SFSS(EC) 7 *
score get clicks 4 ****
play jackson 4 ***
AD → mirror PV+GFI, SFK, SFSS 2 **
SFK x2[/quote][/spoiler]

6 Likes

Solution Puzzle 26 with 19$ playing around Shard and single clot
With 17$ around shard, 50/50 for clot

double biotic 11 *****
mirror J,J,EC 10****
PS 9***
pop J for 2 agendas
rez J to draw 2 9**
pop J for biotic,mirror,SFK
AD-> mirror: PV GFI J, SFK PV+EC 3***
2 SFK: 2EC 1 PV 1 GFI 3*
pop J for: interns, subliminal, SFK 3*
AD-> intern CVS, SFK EC, PV 3*
Purge, Score EC, gain *** , 0****
2 SFSS on GFI , score PV+GFI

for 17$ playing around Shard, 50/50 for clot

double biotic 9 *****
mirror J,J,EC 8****
PS 7***
pop J for 2 agendas
rez J to draw 2 7**
pop J for biotic,mirror,SFK
AD-> mirror: EC GFI J, SFK EC+EC 1***
2 SFK: 2EC 2 EC 3*
pop J for: , subliminal, SFK 1* , CyberdexTrial OR SFK
AD-> Trial or SFK-> food, SFK EC, EC 1*

Trial purges Clot
Score EC,EC gain 6* 1*******
2 SFSS on GFI 1***
Reclaim SFK, 0*
SFK GFI ,score

SFK-> food:
Score EC,EC gain 6* 1*******
2 SFSS GFI 1***
Purge with clicks and score

1 Like

Tbh I think best option here was to not combo, drawing some more and moneying up. Mogo probably had hq pretty safe.

IIRC, @d1en had double Medium up with counters, so @mediohxcore wasn’t going to be able to race by drawing.

maybe I’m remembering wrong but I thought it was just 1 medium with 1 counter, in that case drawing for agendas is probably a good bet because he can’t break mogo at all. Maybe I’m gambling too much with the draw but I think most of these examples while clever are quite difficult to think up on the spot.

It’s a fair argument, and really tough to judge on the spot. I don’t remember much of the runner’s board state but I think he did have slums, which meant that using jackson to draw was not an option. And clicking to draw normally sees new cards slower than medium, so you’re less than 50% to find 2 agendas before the runner does.

The point of this puzzle is not really to show how Dan “should” have played better, but to document the new tactics of shuffling in agendas instead of operations for future use. At the time I would not expect any CI player, myself included, to come up with this obscure combo during the game, but now we can all be ready with it for next SC season.

7 Likes

This is exactly what I like to come to this community for. New tech and counter-tech and ‘best line of play’ evolving alongside each other as archetypes and specific decks continue to evolve.

1 Like

Had a great game yesterday courtesy of cyberewok that I thought I should share here.

24 credits, 3 cards in R&D, hand has:
PV, GFI, GFI, EC, JH, JH, AD, SFSS, SFK, SFK, CVS, SFMM, BL, BL, PS, AM, JH and you’ve spend 2 clicks drawing to get the last JH.

Last 3 cards are PV, AM and AD

You have an EC scored, but used all the counters trying to draw JH/AD to combo after first vamp

Runner has 2 councilman on the table, SMC, clone chip and you know the deck has clot in it, the runner has also just been saving all his money for vamp and you know its coming next click.

How do you win?

In the actual game, he used councilman twice on the JH, however I think if he instead did the CVS I’d have been in a much tougher spot. Solution provided is only for JH case.

BL BL 8 ***
AD 9 ** (AM for BL)
BL 13 ***
SFMM JH JH JH 14 **
AD (sfmm (PV, GFI, CVS) (over jacksons), AM(AD), interns(JH)) 16 *
AD (BL, SFSS(GFI), SFK(GFI, PV)) 21 **
sfk x 2
res CVS, score. 24

2 Likes

Edit: Not sure the post actually set itself up as a reply. Solution for puzzle above, expecting vamp next turn.

Combo past SMC for clot and 2 councilman used on CVS.

[spoiler]I think if they decide to councilman the Jacksons from first SFMM instead, you can probably do something with first AD AM for BL and use that to finish it off. I didn’t actually try to solve that though.

Your solution implied 2 AD in hand, although your hand only lists 1. I assumed 2 to be correct. Cards pulled from archives are a guess, since I’m not sure what list you’re running (I didn’t see any of Bblum’s with 2 AM, so I picked one with double biotic.) I couldn’t find a 1-of CVS solution, maybe someone else can?

BL BL 8 ***
SFMM JH JH CVS 9 **
Res CVS and a JH, so that if they do stop Jackson instead, you have a BL out. 12 **
AD (AM for CVS) 13 *
AD (Reclamation Order (AD), BL, SFMM (JH, GFI, CVS over first CVS) 20 **
Res CVS 23 **
AD Reuse (GFI, EC, SFSS, SFK, PS), Interns CVS over CVS, BL. 18 ***
Install PV 18 **
SFK GFI + PV 18 *
AD SFSS (GFI) SFK x2 (GFI + PV) 19
Res and trash CVS. Score both agendas. 22, 0 clicks remaining.
[/spoiler]

Whoops yeah you are right, it is 2 ad in hand, but only 1 CVS and no cyberdex trial in the deck. I’ve found a solution for saving councilman on CVS however it gets tricky if you try and make a solution based on keeping options open. I’m not convinced there is a 100% guaranteed line out of this scenario.

100% with single CVS
A few insights i got while solving this puzzle:

The best way for the runner to disrupt the corp is to wait with councilman for jackson as long as possible.
Always derez CVS the first time because it costs the corp money to rez it. The CVS is also better to derez
because the corp has to remake the same card possibly up to tree times and a rezzed CVS almost guarantes a win
for the corp because a single pile with shipments would be enough to win.
By delaying the councilman the corp cannot rely on a pile (Interns) to recurr either JH or CVS or to generate
clicks to continue. Thus the piles have to be versatile enough to be useful in both cases (rez/derez JH)
because you dont know when you can rez your next jackson.
Especially the last JH is a problem. Most of the time you need the third pile for the shipments, because you couldnt
play shipments earlier. But because it is the last pile, you cant use interns to recurr the third JH because the
second pile is made before the runner decides to derez JH or CVS.
In order to win, the corp has to force the runner to use councilman. The CVS is used to force one councilman early.
Then a derez on a JH can be forced by generating enough clicks to purge without CVS. Rezzing CVS three times
usually costs too much.

[Spoiler]
BL,BL 8***
sfmm 2 JH 1 CVS 9**

Case 1:
use council early on JH + CVS
Rez JH derez -> Rez CVS -> derez 12**
AD(AM BL) 13*
JH (BL,sfmm ,reclamation)
AD (BL, sfmm GFI PV JH trash JH + CVS , recl AD ) 20**
JH + AD (interns JH, sfss, reuse PS GFI EC SFSS ) 13*
BL 17**
sfk 17*
JH + AD (sfk,sfk, interns CVS) 18
+ CVS purge/score 21

case2 :
use council early to derez 1 JH
Rez JH -> derez Rez CVS no derez
Rez JH no derez 12**
AD(AM BL) 13*
JH (sfmm,intern , BL ) 13*
BL 17**
AD (sfmm GFI JH PV trash JH , interns JH , BL ) 23***
AM (AD) 23**
JH + AD ( sfss,sfk,sub ) 23**
2sfk purge+score

Case 3 :
use council early for 2 JH
Rez JH derez -> Rez CVS no derez 12**
Rez second JH derez Council
AD(AM(BL) 13*
BL 17**
install JH trash JH 17*
JH + AD ( recl AD, interns JH , biotic) 23**
JH + AD ( sfmm GFI + PV , intern JH , reuse(GFI EC sfss,AM) 17*
JH + AD( BL , sfss,sfk) 22**
2sfk purge/score

case 4:
Rez JH , cant derez because then you can rez CVS and force case 1,2 or 3
AD (AM (BL)) 10*
shuffle JH (BL , sfmm , recl)
Rez JH -> derez 10*
AD ( BL ,recl AD , sfmm JH GFI PV trash JH ) 17**
Rez JH -> derez
BL 21***
AM JH + install 21*
AD + JH (reuse GFI EC PS sfss ,BL,interns JH ) 18**
AD + JH ( sfss,sfk,sub ) 18**
2sfk + purge + score 21

case 5
AD (AM (BL)) 10*
-Rez JH -> derez
AD ( BL ,recl AD , sfmm JH GFI PV trash JH ) 17**
Rez JH -> no derez
Rez CVS , cant derez because then you can apply case 1 20**
AD(sfss,sub,sfk) 20**
2 sfk purge + score 23

case 6
AD (AM (BL)) 10*
-Rez JH cant derez because of case 4/5 10*
Rez CVS -> (must derez because of AD -> JH + AD (sfss,sfk,sub) wins ) 13*
AD ( sfmm GFI JH PV trash CVS,recl AD,BL ) 20**
JH shuffle (reuse,interns , BL)
Rez JH -> must derez or
---- // AD (reuse GFI EC PS sfss ,AM, , BL ) 15***
----- // AD ( BL,sfss,sfk) 20****
------ // BL , sfk sfk 24***
------// purge with clicks and score 24 would win

20**

AD(reuse (GFI ,EC PS ,sfss , BL ) , BL , interns CVS trash JH) 15***
AM (JH) install JH 15*
AD + JH ( biotic,sfss,sfk) 20**
2 sfk + rez CVS purge and score 23

[/Spoiler]

2 Likes

For those still hanging on to the CI dream, what’re your impressions about Violet Level Clearance? The value is great, but being trashable is not insubstantial. I’m thinking it might be worth swapping in for the single surviving Restructure. (I’ve gone over to the Cookbook/1 current, 2 Cyberdex, 1 Restructure setup.)

2 VLCs seems good to me. I would drop the 3rd BLC as well. Restructure vs BLC/VLC is a separate question which depends how much siphon is out there.

It needs but for me the previous econ setup was 3x hedge 3x blc 1x restructure and now I’m trying 3x hedge 3x vlc 1x restructure.

I really like having 3x of econ cards so you can potentially use RO to cycle them back late game.

1 Like

Yeah, good point about reclamation order. That’s even a bit of a redeeming factor on VLC’s trash cost. I can get behind 3 VLC too.

Agreed. I’d probably keep one BLC (over Restructure) because I’m a coward who’s terrified of not having any econ cards but Reuse that can be played at low credits, but being able to rebuy VLCs does seem incredibly satisfying.

e: Just had a game with an opening hand with two Violets. Drew the third off the first, lost one to an access from my hand, bought it back with Archived Memories, drew a billion cards, and was untouchable. Damn the card is fun.

Recently @thebigboy said (paraphrased) “What the CI7 puzzle lords don’t tell you is how to beat Leela after she steals 2x GFI”. I laughed it off, thinking its a tricky one for sure, and then yesterday played a practice game against my friend where he did exactly that (plus an EC to boot, all in a row). 6 pts down that early is a pretty bad feeling and having to combo through that is tricky enough, especially while only finding 1 JH all game. Eventually I got to where I thought I could do it and he installed sneakdoor to win. However I think if the sneakdoors had whiffed I could do it, so this is an interesting puzzle for those interested.

Hand: JH, JH, PS, AD, AD, AD, ABT, PV, PV, EC, SFMM. 15 Credits.

sfmm JH JH EC 1 **
PS 2 *
AD (BL, SFSS, SFSS) 7 **, rez JH and score EC 7 *****
install PV 7 ****
AD (interns(JH), SFSS(PV), SFSS(PV)) 8 ***, rez JH and score PV
PV token for EC, install EC 8 **
AD (SFSS(EC), SFSS(EC), RO(sfk)) 11 *, score EC and take clicks 10 ****
install PV, sfk x3 on PV to win.

5 Likes

I’m keeping this

6 Likes

Well done!