7-point CI shutdown puzzle thread

Eden shard is too much of a problem. The article worries about what happens if it draws your combo pile but really the runner should just use it while R&D is empty and you instantly die. The only way to beat eden shard is to score your EC the normal way, then assemble mirror+PV+GFI and 5 shipments to score those out from hand too.

So SFMM (*****) - SFK 3x ( ** ) - SFSS ?

How often do you score EC in a remote? I can’t remember the last time I actually put ice on a remote, but that’s probably because I’ve mostly been playing CI during the Faustapalooza.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here. Surely if you win in 2 piles then there’s always cards in R&D during the combo. Or are you saying Mirror+PV+GFI is the way to win in 2 piles?

Ignoring the times I play it out naked cuz I win if they steal it (probably 80% of the time), it’s about even between ice and double biotic. You can mirror EC, turing, vanilla, advance pretty quickly, and turing on a remote is great for jackson as well.

Oh huh, that’s actually true. 2 piles of combo slots actually used, but 3 jacksons each used immediately before passing priority, even after the last required pile. Good point. I guess I hadn’t reevaluated eden shard since the days when I thought a single peddler was impossible to beat.

1 Like

@bblum: Is Liquidation any good for CI you think?

Instead of reuse? Seems like trashing your ice is too high a cost. I usually make about 8 off reuse.

Hey, Been loving these puzzles. Soo many outs that I would have otherwise thought were impossible.

Do you have an up to date deck list that you have been using?

I keep wanting to slot in an additional interns despite me knowing it is not needed… double biotic also seems like a great fit which it sounds like you are at.

2nd interns is so rarely needed; mirrormorph or archived mem can almost always do the same thing. Double biotic is really good.

Thanks for sharing. I just seem to find myself reaching for double interns very frequently, but I’ve been playing without it and managing to get the combo going.

The cyberdex trials also feels like a useful slot, that or a second cvs to make the clot purge more easy to achieve.

How do you feel this deck is placed in the meta right now? Double Employee strike has been causing me some issues, but the challenge of playing this deck is really drawing me in…

The ELP used to be a 2nd cvs. Some players I know would cut the 2nd restructure to have both but I don’t think that’s right. Double strike matchups are kind of a coin toss; I wouldn’t bring CI if I knew everybody in the room was gonna have 1-2 strikel.

Yeah that seems to be the case, either they find them and I get hosed, or they don’t and I can combo out.

I think running at least 1 ELP seems sensible given how popular Strike is. Swaying on CI for nationals but with the popularity of CTM at our last regional in the UK I feel Strike may make a fair appearance!

I think many are trading Slums for ES to fight CTM. ES better versus IG but Slums much better versus CTM.

Would it ever be worthwhile to put 24-7 in CI? Use it with shutdown to gain an extra 3 clicks onto efficiency committee?

You’d have to kill another agenda to do so, so I’m inclined to say no. You could add Domestic Sleepers to enable that, but I think that only makes the deck worse.

I’m sure there are edge cases where it is helpful, but I think in terms of broad advice 24/7 isn’t really helpful in this deck.

I think he means to add to a Diagnostics pile, in which case it wouldn’t cost an agenda. The real problem with 24/7, besides being very situational, is it costs 3 influence we don’t really have.

1 Like

I occasionally get asked about splashing other cards in CI7 (special report was the latest one, but 24/7 is a good example too because it definitely has its uses). CI7 currently uses most of its influence on the combo. 1 power shutdown, 2 SFSS, 3 SFK and 3 JH costs 10 influence. This leaves 5 influence for a) 2nd power shutdown, b) 2x GFI and c) reuse. If you want to add something else, you have to justify it as more important than any of these cards.

a) 2nd power shutdown. This is absolutely crucial. I can’t tell you how many games I’ve lost because I haven’t found one of these while the runner keeps getting accesses. Unless your supposed card increases consistency some other way, it it wrong to cut this.

b) 2x GFI. Saves you from losing when the runner steals 3 agendas, letting you force them to take one more access. Probably the most likely candidate, but I doubt 24/7 is really worth the trade here, especially as it still isn’t enough influence to cover it.

c) reuse. Saves you from just losing when they vamp you, and even better, if you have enough cards you can reuse into double biotic and actually win the game. Vamp is already your worst enemy, and siphon is up there too. At 1 influence this is a steal, and you’d be hard pressed to find a better card for the slot.

2 Likes

Reuse is really the only flexible influence. I tested GFI vs 5/3s (with a 3rd power shutdown) extensively and GFI was the clear winner. A card that replaces GFI basically has to be so powerful as to let you win through hate like 5 turns earlier, in my opinion.

Getting 3 free clicks off 24/7 is pretty bonkers on paper but you only get to use it after your EC is scored, and the combo’s bottleneck is most often before that.

2 Likes

I got a puzzle. Same idea as Puzzle 13. The runner stole all 3 of your ECs. It gets worse, this time they have clot!
Score through clot. (Easy)
Score through double clot. (Medium)

1 Like

[spoiler]Single and double clot are same difficulty, since you don’t have to cvs twice.

Biotic ($4, ****)
Mirror JH x3 ($5, ***)
PS ($6, **)
AD -> RO AD, mirror agendas, SFSS ($9, *)
AD -> SFSS, SFSS, biotic (14, **)
AD -> SFSS, SFSS, SFK ($15, *)
Play cvs and win ($18)[/spoiler]

1 Like