7-point CI shutdown puzzle thread

Going to try Puzzle 12 with diff mill assumption. My first guess is villain should double mill our last pile since it gives us the least room to adjust to the mill, so figured this would be a cool case. Maybe call it Puzzle 12c? (12b would be double milling second pile? I actually ended up finding a general strategy that seems to score out no matter how the mills go.

Also for full disclosure, I read solution 12a before doing this :smiley:

biotic biotic ($8, )
PS ($9, )
AD -> RO for jackson, Mirror JH,CVS,EC, mirror JH,PV,GFI ($13, ***)
AD ->RO(SFK), SFSS x2(EC) ($15, )
Shuffle (Biotic, SFSS,SFSS); Villain pops peddlers
AD->(1 of Biotic, SFSS(GFI),SFSS(GFI)) ($19,
)/($16,
)
If we get Biotic:
Advance GFI, Advance GFI ($21,
)
Score EC take clicks ($21, )
SFK(3x)(GFI,PV) ($21,
)
Use CVS, score V, score GFI (24,
)
If we get SFSS:
Score EC take clicks ($16,
)
SFK(3x)(GFI,V)
Use CVS, score V, score GFI ($19,
)
Of course, this is assuming we know he mills exactly the third pile. I think if he mills second and we’re left with SfSS we can still use an analogous line to score out since it just changes AD 3 w/ guaranteed SfSS into AD2. If we’re left with RO(SfK) then AD 3 will be (SfSS(EC), SfSS(EC),Biotic)($20,
)->AdvAdvGFI, Score EC, 3x(SFK), CVS score ($23,). If after seeing our choice of SfMM,SfMM,RO on first pile he mills, then, if we’re left with RO we have case 12a, if we’re left with mirror then we can do this:
AM(JH) ($12,
) (after he decides to mill, before we AD–I’m assuming timing is ok on this)
AD -> Mirror CVS,JH,EC ($13, **)
AD ->Interns(JH), SfSS(EC),SfSS(EC) ($13, )
Score EC using CVS, use it for clicks ($16,
)
AD->RO(SfK),SfMM(PV,GFI),SfSS(GFI)(/($19,
)
SFK(3x)(GFI,PV) ($19,)
score PV, score GFI ($19,0).
So it seems that using first reshuffle of (SfMM,SfMM,RO) is guaranteed to win. Worst case is villain waits for 3rd pile and then it could cost 24, but only 1/3 of time so we can score out here at least 2/3 of time with 19 creds (I say at least because villain may make a mistake and mill first or second pile). I’m not sure if your choice of (biotic,mirror,RO) will still let us win if we’re left with biotic after the mill as I haven’t worked through the line–good chance it works though. Good chance we could optimize some to save creds over my solution here too.

I’ve been playing around a bit more with 12.

In the example you gave of using first JH for reshuffling biotic, SfMM, RO it looks like if he mills SfMM and RO we lose. I’m pretty sure we can’t score out if our first AD is biotic since all we can do is use the two clicks to AM + play JH from hand, but we’ll be short a card as a result since we’ll have to use up an interns to get JH #3. I showed that (SfMM,SfMM,RO) is guaranteed to work–I’m curious if anyone can find any other sets or cheaper lines?

Puzzle #1 double clot:

Biotic ($4,)
PS ($5,
)
Interns(JH) ($5,
)
AD->SfMM(JH,JH,EC),Interns(CVS), Subliminal ($6,)
AD->Biotic, SfSS(EC), SfSS(EC) ($11,)
CVS to score and use EC ($14,
***)
AM(AD)($14,
)
AD->(SfMM(PV,GFI),Interns(CVS),SfSS(GFI))($16,
)
SfK x3(PV,GFI)($16,)
CVs to score PV,GFI ($19,)

Puzzle #1 no clot, minimize cost:

Biotic($4,)
PS ($5,
)
AM(SfMM)($5,)
SfMM (JH,JH,EC) ($6,
)
AD->(Subliminal,SfSS(EC),SfSS(EC))($6,
)
Score and use EC ($6,*)
AD->(Subliminal,SfMM(GFI,PV),SfSS(GFI))($7,
) Note: second Sub is just to pay for SfMM, no click gained there.
SKx3(GFI,PV), Score,Score ($7,)
Requires only $7 starting.

1. Mirrormorph Jackson, Jackson, EC. 21 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  2. Shutdown. 20 Credits, 1 Click.
  3. Derpy late Biotic Labor. 16 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  4. Jackson into AD: SfSS on EC, Interns CVS, Archived Memories for Jackson. 15 Credits, 1 Clicks.
  5. Jackson into AD: SfSS on EC, Mirrormorph Vitrivius, Jackson, Food, Subliminal. 14 Credits, 1 Click.
  6. Rez and use CVS. 11 Credits, 1 Click. Construct gone, Clot still in play.
  7. Jackson into AD: Interns for CVS, Biotic, Reclamation for Kaguya’s. 6 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  8. Rez and use CVS, score EC. 3 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  9. Take EfCom Clicks. 3 Credits, 5 Clicks.
  10. SfSS on the Food. 3 Credits, 3 Clicks.
  11. Finish with Kaguya’s.
    I think that’s the richest I’ve finished one of these. I forgot the SfSS in hand.

Puzzle #6:

1. Biotic. 20 Credits, 4 Clicks.
  2. Mirrormorph 2 Jacksons and EC. 19 Credits, 3 Clicks.
  3. Shutdown. 18 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  4. Jackson into AD: Reclimation ADs, SfSS EC, Biotic. 12 Credits, 4 Clicks.
  5. Jackson into AD: SfSS EC, Interns CVS, Subliminal. 12 Credits, 4 Clicks.
  6. Rez and use CVS. 9 Credits, 4 Clicks.

Runner doesn’t use Sac Con.
7a) Score EC. 9 Credits, 4 Clicks.
8a) Take EC clicks. 9 Credits, 7 Clicks.
9a) Mirrormorph Jackson and agendas. 8 Credits, 6 Clicks.
10a) Jackson into AD: Interns CVS, Biotic, SfSS Food. 3 Credits, 7 Clicks.
11a) Kaguyas on both agendas. 3 Credits. 4 Clicks.
12a) Triple Click virus purge. Sac Con is used. 3 Credits, 1 Clicks.
13a) Rez CVS and use. Score out.

Runner uses Sac Con.
7b) Mirrormorph Jackson and Agendas. 8 Credits, 3 Clicks.
8b) Jackson into AD: SfSS Food, Interns CVS, Biotic. 3 Credits, 4 Clicks.
9b) Kaguyas on Food and Vitrivius. 3 Credits, 1 Click.
10b) Use CVS. Point at their clone chip and laugh as you score 7 points in the smallest possible scoring window.

Puzzle 14: The runner hasn’t been making runs and is about to kill you with DLR. You count the cards in archives, and figure out what 5 cards must be left in RD, of course not knowing the order.

Jackson starts in play and you don’t have to beat clot, but power shutdown is blank.

Easy mode: Find a line that wins with at least 30% odds.
Intermediate mode: Find a line that wins with at least 50% odds.
Hard mode: Find a line that wins with at least 60% odds.
Platinum elite master mode (almost certainly impossible?): Find a line that wins 100% no matter the order of RD.

Hint: If your AD pile contains another AD, the as-yet-unplayed cards in the original AD pile will still be on top of RD, and will also end up in the second, chained, AD pile.

This scenario is taken card-for-card from one of my SC games today (which I won :smile:).

[quote=“Solution 14 easy”]AD, hoping to hit reuse/AD/anything.
Reuse your 2 spare agendas, kaguya, and sublim for $8; chain into AD and mill the rest of your deck.
AM for AD
Normal combo from there (with the reuse; you’ll have just enough $$)
The odds of hitting reuse and AD together in the top 3 is 30%.
[/quote]

[quote=“Solution 14 intermediate”]Same play, but if you miss the AD (40% odds), you can still shuffle a combo pile into your 2-card RD, and you get a 60% chance to hit it again, which lets you chain into the rest of your combo pile.
30% + (40% * 60%) = 54%.
[/quote]

[quote=“Solution 14 hard”][spoiler]If your first AD hits the AD, but can’t get to the bottom, it will leave 1 dead card in RD.
You have a spare combo slot thanks to GFI+PV in hand that you can mirror during 3rd pile.
So for your 2nd pile, you can just shuffle 2 SFSS and no 3rd card. You just need it to be shuffled to the bottom of your first combo pile.
30% + (40% * 60%) + (30% * 25%) = 61.5%.
More rigorous probability stuff here: http://pastebin.com/raw/BvXYnRDc[/spoiler][/quote]

3 Likes

Puzzle 4: Impossible (double clot)

SfMM(JH,EC,PV) ($1,)
PS($2,*)
AD->(RO(JH),SfMM(JH,JH),Biotic)($9,
)
AD->(Biotic,SfSS(EC),SfSS(EC))($14,)
Interns CVS ($14,
)
CVS Score and use EC ($17,
)
AD->(Interns(GFI),Biotic,SfSS(GFI))($22,*****)
AM(CVS)($22,
)
Install(CVS)($22,
*)
SfKx3(GFI,PV)($22,)
CVS score,score ($25,)

1 Like

Nice! Although you need to use biotic in pile 2 to get the interns out of your hand, so $25 total.

Nice catch, forgot it was stuck in hand. Cool there’s such an easy fix though, I guess biotic can replace first interns in any pile set up we do? So worst case scenario Interns stuck in hand is simply $4 more for us.

Especially now that there’s 2 biotic in the decklist.

Have you encountered Clot + Sacrificial Construct? Is that a problem when you need to purge twice before EC score? (assuming Clot comes in play with Clone Chip so you can’t use a turn to purge it once…)

Asking because my meta seems to be riddled wit Clots, Clone Chips and even Sacrificials…

Puzzles with Sacris are welcome. :smile:

Yeah, see puzzles 5 and 6. One of the rounds my SC win was through a double clot saccon as well.

2 Likes

Puzzle 15 Normally you need at least jackson+jackson or jackson+EC to mirror. How can you use 3x SFK to make do with mirror JVF instead? (Easy)

[quote=“Solution 15”]PS ($1, **)
Mirror JVF ($2, *)
AD → intern JH, biotic, reclam AD ($8, **)
AD → intern JH, SFSS GFI, sublim ($8, **)
AD → intern EC, SFSS EC x2 ($9, *)
Take clicks ($9, ****)
3x SFK, win with spare click
[/quote]

1 Like

Hope it’s OK to post a puzzle I found :slight_smile:

Puzzle 16: Show Dan how it’s done!
At ~3min40sec in “7-point SD vs Opus Andy” video Dan has the following hand and can’t figure out if/how he can combo out (villain ran last turn):
SfSS(x2),EC(x2),SfMM(x2),PriReq,AD,JH,PS,SfK. He had 15 credits. His deck has 3 SfSS in it. He decided not to try. Can it be done? (Hard)

Simple® Solution:
SfMM(JH,EC,PR) ($1,)
PS ($2,*)
AD->(Biotic, Interns(JH),RO(AD))($8,
)
AD->(Biotic, Interns(JH),SfSS(EC))($13,)
SfSS(EC) ($13,
)
Score/use EC ($13,
)
AD->(Interns(PV),RO(SfK),SfSS(GFI) ($15,
)
SfK x3, win, cost is $15 exact.
Cheaper (more convoluted) Solution:
SfMM(JH,EC1,EC2) ($1,
)
PS ($2,*)
AD->(Biotic, Interns(JH),RO(AD))($8,
)
AD->(Sub, Interns(JH),SfSS(EC1))($8,
*)
AD->(SfSS(EC2),SfK(EC1,EC2),SfK(EC1,EC2))($9,)
Score/use both EC ($9,
)
Install PR ($9,
)
SfSS,SfSS,SfK from hand to score GFI ($9,*)
Cost down to $9!

1 Like

Re: beating Leela. I failed because I wasn’t sure you could Rec. Order the SFSS you played in the same AD. Is this definitely allowed? Why?

Yes, you can do that. When operations are played they go to archives as soon as their effect resolves completely. Due to the tiered resolution rules, when you play the SFSS, it pauses the AD and resolves completely then gets put into archives, then the AD continues to resolve.

2 Likes

Puzzle 17 Stranded-in-HQ-city, population you. I’m not actually sure if this one is possible.

Solution#17:

Biotic (4$, ****)
Install JH, PS ($5, *)
AM -> JH ($5
)
AD -> Biotic, Biotic, SFM (JH, JH, GFI) ($15, ****)
RO -> AD ($16, **)
AD -> RO (EC), SFM (2x EC, 1 Spare), Biotic ($23, ***)
SFSS (EC) ($23, *)
AD -> SFSS (EC), SFSS(GFI), Biotic ($28, **)
Advance EC2 ($29, *)
Score EC1, take clicks, SFK for GFI and EC2 for the win.(1 click spare…or even 4 if you take the clicks from EC2 before winning :P)
With one spare SFM spot you could CVS from hand through one clot, too.

2 Likes

More solutions for #17!

Biotic ($4, ****)
AM (SFM) ($4, ***)
SFM -> JH, JH, GFI ($5, **)
PS ($6, *)
AD -> Biotic, Biotic, Subliminal ($14, *****)
RO (AD) ($15, ***)
Interns (EC) ($15, *)
AD -> Interns (JH), SfSS(EC), Biotic ($20, **)
AD -> Interns (PV), SfSS(EC), Biotic ($25, ***)
SfSS (GFI) ($25, *)
Score EC, Take Clicks, SFK the rest for the win. $25 seems like a bit more likely scenario than $29. If you had 3x SfSS you could save $4 on the last Biotic.

And another one! (#17)

Biotic ($4, ****)
AM (SFM) ($4, ***)
SFM -> JH, JH, GFI ($5, **)
PS ($6, *)
AD -> Biotic, Biotic, Reuse(gain +$X, ditch at least Interns, save SfSS) ($15, ****)
RO (AD) ($16, **)
AD -> Interns (JH), RO(EC), SFM (2x EC) ($19, *)
AD -> Biotic, Biotic, SfSS(EC) ($28, ****)
AA EC ($30, **)
A EC2 ($31, *)
Score EC, take clicks ($31, ****)
3x SFK EC2, GFI ($31, *)
Score EC2, take clicks, SfSS GFI (still in hand, not ditced with Reuse!) for the win.
There’s no extra cards visible for the Reuse to gain you credits, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any. If you got a huge hand, this could be as cheap as $7 (but that’s unlikely). What’s more likely is that you have around $20 and got 5 extra cards to ditch for Reuse, which makes this the cheapest solution yet.

edit: OK, let’s do one more for #17:

Biotic (4$, ****)
Install JH, PS ($5, **)
AM(EC) ($5, *)
AD -> Biotic, Biotic, SFM (JH, EC, GFI) ($15, ****)
RO(AD) ($16, **)
SfK(EC, GFI) ($16, *)
AD -> SfSS(EC), Biotic, SfK(EC, GFI) ($21, **)
Score EC & take clicks ($21, *****)
Interns (JH) ($21 ***)
AD -> Interns(PV), SfSS(PV), SfK(PV, GFI) ($22, **)
SfK x2 for the win with two extra PV counters for the lulz (or Interns a GFI instead to show dominance by scoring 8 points in one turn or just another EC to end up with loads of extra clicks). I figured there’s gotta be a less wasteful way of doing things, so I tried something else for the end. Here’s a variant if you have 3 extra cards in hand to ditch to Reuse, same beginnings, continuing from 2nd AD pile:
AD -> SfSS(EC), Reuse(+$X), Biotic ($21, **)
SfK (EC, GFI), score, take clicks ($21, ****)
Interns (JH) ($21 **)
AD -> Interns(PV), SFK(PV, GFI), SFK(PV, GFI) ($22, *)
SFK (PV, GFI), score and win. You need at least $17 to go with this, but if you can get the $6 from Reuse you can do it. More credits from it doesn’t help, though.

I might have spent a bit too much time on this. Saying you don’t know if it’s possible really gets you motivated. Please don’t post more puzzles today…I have actual work to do!

3 Likes

Ok, so I have a couple of questions as an outsider:

1. Is there any counter for an installed Hades Shard?
  2. What is the polite time-limit for a corp player playing a combo at a tournament? A 7-point all-in-one combo is a pretty cool puzzle, but I don’t want to burn 20 minutes off of my corp play time for my opponent to figure out if he won or not.

Sorry if #2 is a kinda jerk-wad question, but time in the round has recently become a pressure for me, and I’d prefer to have time to play a full match for my corp, since it often wins after giving up early points to the runner.

1 Like

You wait with Power Shutdown until you have enough points in HQ.

Employee Strike is far worse - unless you can score right now, the game is over once it lands.