7-point CI shutdown puzzle thread

Thanks! Fixed. Interesting how differently you did it.

Puzzle #5
1 CVS in deck, purge twice before scoring EC (Sac Con + live Clot)
HQ: AD AD AD shutdown Jackson Jackson EC PV GFI Biotic mirrormorph mirrormorph SfSS

Biotic, Shutdown ($5, ***)
Mirrormorph (Jackson Jackson EC) ($6, **)
AD -> Interns (CVS), Biotic, Reclamation (Kaguya) ($11, ***)
AD -> Interns (Jackson), SfSS (EC), Biotic ($16, ****)
SfSS (EC) ($14, **)
Purge Sac Con ($17, **)
Mirrormorph (PV, GFI) ($18, *)
AD -> Interns (CVS), SfSS (GFI), Subliminal ($18, **)
Purge Clot, score EC, make clicks ($21, ****)
Kaguya x3

Random question. Do you guys have any tips for managing your credit pool against cards you must use in the combo but are stuck in hand? Reuse has been so clutch for me in this regard I kinda want a second!

If there’s another thread for this, please move.

Puzzle #X²-21X+26=0 Step 1 Count how many cards you need in HQ to win > 50% through Utopia Shard after initial PS with 5 combo starters.

19 cards < 50%, 20 cards > 50% (if I’m not wrong)

Step 2 Count this manually while in an actual game :slight_smile:

(sorry)

1 Like

Puzzle #10: Beat noise. He has 1 peddler, and clot already installed. Assume he can mill you once during any AD pile of his choice… but also be ready for him to peddle a clone chip and bring his clot back!

(Intermediate)

(Super duper hard mode)

[quote=“Solution 10 (super hard mode)”]biotic ($4, ****)
mirror JJE ($5, ***)
PS ($6, **)
AD → intern(JH), AM(AD), biotic

mill pile 1?
AD → SFSS(EC), SFSS(EC), and whatever was milled ($12, **)
mirror CVS, PV, GFI ($13, *)
score take clicks ($17, ****)
click for cred ($16, ***)
AD → SFSS(GFI), SFK, [no CVS needed] ($17, **)
2x SFK win

no mill pile 1? ($11, ***)
AD → SFSS(EC), SFSS(EC), biotic
biotic milled? great; sfss milled? adv EC x2 by hand (either $12 or $18. **)
mirror CVS, PV, GFI ($19, *)
score take clicks ($22, ****)
click for cred ($21, ***)
AD → SFSS GFI, SFK, [no CVS needed] ($22, **)
2x SFK win

no mill pile 2? DON’T SCORE YOUR EC YET… ($16, ****)
mirror CVS, PV, GFI ($17, ***)
AD → SFSS, SFSS, interns(CVS) ($18, **)

anything milled? Then he can’t clot you twice! SFSS onto PV then:
Advance GFI by hand ($19, *)
Score EC take clicks ($22, ****)
SFK(PV, GFI) x2 ($22, **)
Score PV (2nd CVS not needed), use PV counter for SFSS
SFSS GFI & win

No mill pile 3, he’s trying to clot you twice instead? SFSS once onto each then:
Score EC take clicks ($21, *****)
SFK(PV, GFI) x2 ($21, ***)
Click for cred twice ($19, *)
Score PV (need 2nd CVS), use PV counter for SFK ($22, *)
SFK GFI & win
(Note this final branch requires 2x cvs in the decklist.)

Can anyone figure a less convoluted way to do this, that doesn’t require making a vitruvius counter?
[/quote]

1 Like

Interns and reclamation can be played for their effect. SFSS is awkward to get stuck; try to discard if you can, but if not, there are plenty of ways to combo with only 1 (see above puzzles), or you can even just replace it with biotic-advance-advance for $6 more.

1 Like

Calling @ryanbantwins, Belgian master of jank, for any and all solutions !

1 Like

The deal with Leela is that you can never score an agenda with another one on the board, right? So the usual endgame of scoring GFI and PV at the same time doesn’t work?

Or you insert a cerebral static in one of your stack and don’t give a fuck about Leela

Right. If you need a hint, the usual case is

Score EffCom, install and score a 2nd EffCom, install and score Food

and another to keep in mind is

Score EffCom, install and score Vitruvius as a 4/2, use the Vitruvius token instead of an Archived, install and score Food

1 Like

I tested that out a bunch and I don’t think it even helps all that much against noise. Either way you’re drawing almost to the end of your deck, whether to find biotic+static+normal combo or biotic+combo with a flexible AD slot. I find reuse is as helpful or more in siphon/vamp matchups, let alone getting to play 2 GFI. I think the real solution is slotting a 2nd biotic, which helps both to pre-score a 3/2 against leela and to get redundancy against noise.

But you’re welcome to submit puzzles based around cerebral static to show how much simpler it can be :wink:

I know this is the puzzle thread and not the thread about the deck, but how do you fit the second Biotic?

Down to 8 ice. The vipers have become WoS. I tried a viktor 1, and it was pretty good (almost as good as eli tbh), but I think the 2nd biotic lets you combo a lot sooner, mostly because of how it lets you break the barrier between scoring EC and having flex clicks in the 2nd half of the combo.

1 Like

1)Labor. 10 credits, 4 clicks
2)Mirrormorph Jacksons. 9 credits, 3 clicks
3)Shutdown for a billion. 8 credits, 2 clicks.
4)Jackson into AD: Mirrormorph both agendas, SfSS on Efcom, Reclamation ADs. 5 credits. 1 Click.
5) Jackson into AD: Interns for CVS, SfSS on Efcom, Subliminal. 5 credits, 1 Click.
6) Rez CVS and use it, Score Efcom, get Efcom clicks. 2 credits, 4 Clicks.
7) Jackson into AD: Interns for GFI, SfSS on GFI, Reclamation Order Shipment from Kaguya’s. 1 Credit, 3 Clicks.
8) Play Kaguya’s on both remaining agendas, score.
Had to get a clue on how to start (Mirmorphing the Jacksons) otherwise, was able to work it out eventually. [/spoiler]

Puzzle #3:

1. Labor. 18 credits, 4 clicks.
    2)Install Jackson. 18 Credits, 3 clicks.
    3)Shutdown. 17 Credits, 2 Clicks.
    4)Jackson into AD: Mirrormorph two Jacksons and Efcom, SfSS EfCom, Reclamation for AD. 14 Credits, 1 Click.
  2. Jackson into AD: Biotic Labor, SfSS EfCom, Interns CVS. 9 Credits, 2 Click.
  3. Rez + use CVS, score Efcom. 6 Credits, 2 Click.
  4. Efcom Clicks. 6 Credits, 5 Clicks.
  5. Install Vitruvius. 6 Credits, 4 Clicks.
  6. Jackson into AD: Interns GFI, Biotic Labor, Reclamation Kaguya’s. 0 Credits, 5 Clicks.
    10)Play SfSS in hand, on GFI. 0 Credits, 3 Clicks.
  7. Finish With Kaguya’s.

Puzzle 4:

Easy mode:

1) Mirrormorph Agenda’s and Jackson. 18 Credits, 2 Clicks.
2)Shutdown. 17 Credits, 1 Click.
3) Jackson into AD: Biotic, 2x SfSS (both on Efcom). 13 Credits, 2 Clicks.
4) Score Efcom.
5)Take Efcom Clicks. 13 Credits, 5 Clicks.
6) Interns Jackson. 13 Credits, 3 Clicks.
7) Jackson into AD: Interns for GFI, Subliminal, SfSS on GFI. 14 Credits, 3 Clicks.
8) Finish with Kaguya’s.

Intermediate:[spoiler]

1. Mirrormorph Agendas and Jackson. 18 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  2. Shutdown. 17 Credits, 1 Click.
  3. Jackson into AD: Subliminal, Biotic Labor, SfSS Efcom. 13 Credits, 3 Clicks.
  4. Interns Jackson. 13 Credit’s, 1 Click.
  5. Jackson into AD:SfSS Efcom, Interns for CVS, Biotic Labor. 8 Credits, 2 Clicks.
  6. Rez + Use CVS, Score Efcom. 5 Credits, 2 Clicks.
    7)Take Efcom Clicks. 5 Credits, 5 Clicks.
    8)Archived Memories and install Jackson. 5 Credits, 3 Clicks.
    9)Jackson into AD: Interns GFI, SfSS on Gfi, Biotic Labor. 0 Credits, 4 Clicks.
  7. Kaguya’s to finish out, with click to spare.

This was fun, will come back later.

1 Like

Puzzle #11: Your power shutdown just got imped, you just drew your interns, and you are too poor to compensate with extra biotics. But you at least get to start the turn with a jackson on the board. No clot.

(Easy, but I messed it up myself during the game, so maybe Intermediate…)

Hint: Having 2x SFK in hand gives you a spare click, but you can’t use it until after the “EC click barrier” after pile 2.

[quote=“Solution 11”]AM PS **
PS $1, *
AD → mirror JEV, RO AD, biotic $8, **
AD → AM JH, SFSS SFSS $9, *
get clix ****
play jackson from hand ***
AD → mirror GFI, SFSS, SFK $11, **
SFK SFK
[/quote]

I got x^2 - 21x + 60 = 0, which wolframalpha solves as x = 17.59.

The way I set it up was P(utopia first hit safe) = (X-5)/X; P(utopia second hit safe) = (X-6)/(X-1); set P1*P2=0.5. Maybe interpreting your problem statement wrongly?

1 Like

@bblum

Nope, you’re totally right, my mistake. I used the opposite probability aka (5/X) + (1-(5/X)).(5/(X-1)) = 0.5 which conducts (now) to the same polynome as yours.
Man, I got rusty.
I counted 21 cards if you need 6 combo starters btw (verified) and 14.17 for 4 combo starters (verified too).
I think ppl should learn those results by heart instead of counting ingame, which is next to impossible.
So 15, 18 and 21 are the numbers to remember for 4, 5 and 6 combo starters and 50% chance to still fire through Utopia.
That’s also mean that if the corp have less than 15 cards, then try playing Utopia before PS is a good move.

OT’s:

This is just solving this.
Hades is easier to solve (before PS, Runner’s score+R&D+Archives must be < 7 points, so please fload agendas to HQ to actually win) - which also means Utopia is, again, a key in this matchup.

(That would conclude what I was saying to a “almost as much stubborn @Calimsha as me”, on R4G : Utopia, best WyldMaxx card ever, for times, and times to come.).

I wonder if it is technically slightly more forgiving than that because the corp Jacksons before the shard window. Taking advantage of that is a bit tricky, because any agendas you shuffle with Jackson are going back in the heap after the first AD, but if you’ve got spare clicks/cash you might be able to do some juggling with AM as part of the AD.

Puzzle #12: Beat noise. He has double peddler with a virus on each, one of which is a clot. You have jackson already on the board. (Platinum Elite Master Difficulty)

Here I don’t have a solution for all different mill combinations, so here’s a sub-puzzle for the situation that actually happened: Puzzle #12a: You just played biotic, PS and shuffled biotic, mirror, reclamation; noise played both peddlers, bringing clot and leaving you with just reclamation. Win from there. (Intermediate)

[quote=“Solution 12a”]biotic biotic ($8, *****)
PS ($9, ****)
AD → RO for jackson ($11, ***)
Play jackson from hand ($11, **)
AD → Mirror (JH, CVS, EC), SFSS x2 ($13, *)
Score take clicks ($16, ****)
Play 2nd EC from hand ($16, ***)
AD → SFSS, SFSS, RO(SFK) ($18, **)
Score take clicks ($18, *****)
Play 2 PV from hand ($18, ***)
3 SFK win
[/quote]

Puzzle 13: The runner has no hate for your combo, but luck sacked into all 3 of your ECs! Fortunately, you have the following HQ straight out of fantasy-land. (Easy)

[quote="Solution 13]PS ($1, **)
mirror JJV ($2, *)
AD → SFSS(PV), SFSS(PV), biotic ($7, **)
Score 1 counter, counter for AD
AD → mirror JVF, SFSS(PV), SFSS(PV) ($9, *)
Score 1 counter, counter for AD
AD → SFSS(GFI), SFSS(GFI), SFK(GFI) ($10)
[/quote]

Really enjoying these!
Here was my solution to Puzzle 13:

PS ($1, **)
mirror JJV ($2, *)
AD -> mirror JVF, RO(AD), biotic ($9, **)
AD ->SFK(PV1,GFI) , SFSS(PV1), SFSS(PV2) ($10, *)
AD -> SFSS(GFI), SFSS(GFI), SFK(PV1,PV2) ($11)
Score,Score,Score.
Also, after seeing your solution I wanted to optimize mine and found I could shave 1 cred off of it to get down to your 10:
PS ($1, **)
mirror JJV ($2, )
AD -> mirror JVF, RO(AD), biotic ($9, **)
AD ->Subliminal , SFSS(PV2), SFSS(PV2) ($9, **)
AD -> SFK(GFI,PV1), SFK(GFI,PV1), SFSS(GFI) ($10,
)
Score PV2 w/1 counter, use counter for SFK
SFK(GFI,PV1)($10)
Score, Score
I really liked how this spot leveraged the ability to get up to 6 advancement counters per pile! Also cool that there are (at least) 2 diff lines that cost same credits (though yours is a bit less convoluted to get down to 10).

Thanks again for all these puzzles, thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe eventually I’ll get confident enough to try to pilot this deck :smiley:

1 Like