Announcing: NACH - The ANRPC Nordics

What happened to the qualifier in Estonia? :frowning: Though everything apart from that seems fantastic, who knows, maybe even some Baltics will come to join you :slight_smile:

Will the finals be just Swiss? Or Swiss + Top X cut?

You don’t have to worry, because you won’t be in it anyway :wink:

Of course. I’m asking on a friends behalf

3 Likes

Tell your friend: swiss + top cut

Note that Oslo moved their event up a week as to not clash with another event in Oslo which many NR-players will attend.

We haven’t finalized the change of date yet - need to check with the venue. I expect that there will be no problems, but you never know.

8 Qualifiers so thats 3 x 8 = 24 + lcq right? Slightly confused about how many seats there are in the final and how many are available at LCQ.

Understandable, as we have not announced how many seats will be awarded through the LCQ. It depends on number of participants, minimum 2. You are welcome up to Stockholm (or the rest of the qualifiers)!

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea then the final number for the final will be agreed?

Do you mean how many from the LCQ?

As you said, 24 from the regular qualifiers and likely 2-6 from the LCQ so in total 26-30 in the finals. Also want to keep it to an even number of players to avoid byes, which are no fun.

Could give an estimate maybe a week before depending on how many people set “attend” on the event but final number of LCQ final seats will be announced before the LCQ starts. Hope this is enough

1 Like

Hi, thanks for all the information! @Yoshi can I get in touch with the location in Malmö?

PM:ed more contact details (did not want to put them openly here). The Malmö organizer is on stimhack as @skewie but rarely, so best use the PM:ed contact info I believe.

UK are definitely getting interested in the LCQ (and others!) so it’d be good to know when things are definite before we book the longboat.

1 Like

I figured :frowning:

Like I said, will depend on number of players which will not be final until the event day. If a bunch of you come over then the number of seats will probably be raised. I think it will be 4 seats at least, thinking something in line with

< 20 players, 2 seats,
20 <= players <40, 4 seats
40 <= players <60, 6 seats

So send 40 ppl over and there are 6 seats guaranteed
no evil ppl though :wink:

Does the Nordic National Champion get a guaranteed seat anyway? :wink:

AFAIK yes!

As you know the ANRPC is in not FFG OP, neither is it organized by Bergsala Enigma, the distributor in the Nordics that gives out the Worlds package to the winner.

I really hope, and see no reason why the would not, offer the same prize this year, means more big tournaments in the region, more good players travelling which in turn means more opportunities to play against excellent opposition, which imo is the most fun and also offers the best training grounds.

Maybe ya’ll Britts should get a shared place in the Nordics as your base for all our excellent tourneys :wink:

EDIT: I might have misunderstod you question completely :stuck_out_tongue: (there is no Nordic champion for 2016 )

1 Like

I was having a joke saying I should get a free place at the tournament
 :wink:

The main concern is that UK regionals probably will take place at the same time, so there may be a conflict, but we won’t find out for some weeks or months.

Beer is a lot cheaper over here, which is a factorin picking regional or foreign travel. :smiley:

Oslo qualifier is confirmed moved to march 12th.

Yeah I got that after I wrote my answer.

Well does the UK regionals give you a shot at a full worlds package? If so, then stay :wink: if not, then you can buy a lot of beer with the money you save on the Worlds trip :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like