Announcing the First Annual Stimhack Store Champions Invitational!

Lost to Stiv in the final game of a store champ. Here is hoping he enters. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just for my information again :smile:

The ā€œfinalā€ Rules/Times/If there will be 2 diffrenrt Tournaments (EU/USA)/Date till we can add ourselfs to this/Stuff-everyone-like-to-know will be announced in the future (e.g. 31.03)

So i can relaxe an wait for till the overview will be released?

B R Stefan

I will say this much:

The rules are still somewhat up in the air, with regard to round time, drop policy, blah blah blah. There will be a more formal announcement later about this, like when we make the tournament on challonge.com.

The date is set and the time is most likely 10AM eastern. If it isnā€™t, it will be at 11AM eastern. There will be only one tournament date, with no separate flight for EU.

There arenā€™t any deadlines coming up quickly, so you can relax.

Already registered :smile:

1 Like

Hope I can make this! This is a fantastic idea.

A smaller tournament after the next gaming season for Regional Champs only might be fun too. :wink:

Thatā€™s the plan! :smiley:

3 Likes

Regarding awesome swag:

Something like that would probably be really cool for Stimhack related prizes in the future, but of course not real cards. Thereā€™s information in the 6th post about who the artist was so that you can commission somethingā€¦

Otherwise gl to everyone. Got close, in my one tournament, but couldnā€™t go to others so wonā€™t be participating. May watch some stuff after the fact though.

Hereā€™s to hoping some ā€œJankā€ wins. :wink:

1 Like

We have begun accepting donations for the event. 100% of donations will go towards prize support, paying for graphic design for playmats and stream stuff, and internatoinal shipping of prizes and stream giveaways. All of your support will go directly back to the community. Thanks everyone for helping to make this possible!

http://stimhack.com/about/

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea. I hope VODs end up on the Blackhats youtube since itā€™ll be difficult for me to catch it live.

Awesome! This is a pretty great idea. And @mediohxcore and coā€™s stream commentary is always entertaining.

Not going to be participating, but I am looking forward to the stream. Now, to tell my girlfriend I canā€™t do much of anything that day as I need to watch people play and talk about a card game online for like 10+ hours.

1 Like

Maybe this is a derpy question, but how are you going to verify that participants have won an SC? Is there a list of SC winners on the FFG website, or are you relying on the info in the Winning Decklist thread?

1 Like

Verification methods are private so that people donā€™t try to cheat them.

5 Likes

I think I registered, any way to check that other than just posting here?

You should have received a verification email.

This was added somewhat recently, so donā€™t panic if you registered on Tuesday and didnā€™t get one. Weā€™ll publish a list of everyone who has entered before registration closes so you can be sure youā€™re in.

1 Like

If there is an issue with qualification confirmation, will the entrant be contacted to have it potentially resolved?

I submitted my entry but then nothing happened. How can we verify youā€™ve received our entry?

We set up a verification email, is it not coming?

I also did not get anything, can someone check for me? Octgn name is Maert.

Hereā€™s a list of the players we have so far. Check to see if your name is on the list. If not, resubmit and PM me to make sure it went through. I deleted any duplicates I found. Iā€™ll check on the confirmation email thing.

Adriaan Zwiebel
Ahmed Abbasi
Alex Carder
Alexander White
Allen Haas
Andrew Hynes
Arto Heinonen
Artturi Piipponen
Ben Blum
Ben Mason
Brandon Rice
Chris MacLeod