[ANRPC] GLC Event in Wausau, WI (July 18th, 12PM registration)

Tier 1 names place in tournaments. Go Andrew or go home :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great turnout. Thanx to all who came! Had people from at least 4 metas in WI, and a car from Chicago. @Jdalart takes first with RAM/Butcher, @linuxmaier gets second with Geist/TWIY, and @cranked finishes in third with Quetzal/Biotech.

@Sotomatic led a great stream, and I even jumped on the commentary round 1. Johnny Ceeā€™s ran a clean, quick tourney, and fun was had. See the qualifiers in Chicago!

4 Likes

@Jdalart had a mean, mean butchershop build that went undefeated. Several non-traditional choices, too. Canā€™t wait to see that decklist.

2 Likes

How did you do? 4th?

1 Like

I had a bye and then got swept twice.

You do the math. (spoiler: I really wasnā€™t trying too hard. Got enough shite about trying to win ā€˜myā€™ event.)

2 Likes

Math: Bye+2SW*3+#%~$,?$=14th, give or take.

4 Likes

Looks like you forgot to carry the ^. Should be 13th :smiley:

2 Likes

Give or take :wink:

2 Likes

Good to see the other midwest Joe representing while Iā€™m busy. Yeah Iā€™m at Pitchfork, like @spags said. A$AP Ferg goes hard.

2 Likes

Did he carry Snoop? :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, just wait for RTJ tomorrow then!

1 Like

Yeah, I think this how the MSN kids did so well.

2 Likes

TGTBT and restructure were the two i noticed. TGTBT killed me, since it stops you from being able to be completely aggressive even when youā€™re ahead on cash.

EDIT: it was a very short game. His first turn was hedge, ice hq, install remote. My turn was desperado, dirty laundry rnd, draw, dirty laundry remote. It was TGTBT, and i was at 3 cards. His first click is scorch.

We played a friendly after that and he still beat me, so it wasnā€™t just bad luck. Undefeated in the day, i think. Not sure the ratio of scoring out to kills, though.

2 Likes

More of a Schoolboy Q fan myself, but I fucks with RTJ.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay on posting. Had a pretty busy Sunday and a long drive home from Wausau (in the 4 hour neighborhoodā€¦=P). First off thank you @Sotomatic and Brad (sorry not sure what you stimhack name isā€¦) for organizing and hosting the tournament. It was a pleasure as always and I canā€™t say enough good things about Johnny Cee Cards and the players in Wisconsin. If anyone gets a chance to play there, JUST DO IT!!! *insert meme here

Runner
I played 47 card Reg Ass Maxx which was @mediohxcoreā€™s exact list with an extra David. The deck went 4 and 1 on the day winning against Batty ETF, Jinteki Archer PE, NEH Butcher Shop, and Biotech Rush. The loss was to @linuxmaier Yellow Flash TWIY deck which was brutally fast and piloted perfectly with plenty of play mistakes by me (never played against that deck before, its seriously good).
The extra David was because I was worried about Blue Sun in the Wisconsin meta ever since @aandries won a regionals with it. Turns out I didnā€™t play a Blue Sun on the day so I probably would have been better without it. It did not noticeably affect the consistency though so who knows =P.

Corp
The 49 card NEH Butcher Shop list was pretty much a straight copy from Skewieā€™s Olso Regionals list (props given). The list was undefeated on the day against Stealth Kate, Resource Andy, Geist, Wyldside Noise, and Faust Quetzal, all flatlines. I scored out against @linuxmaier giest on our friendly game with a rezzed sansan.

-1 Beale and -1 Marked Accounts for +2 TGTBT
I was toying around with adding more tgtbt for awhile and decided to take the plunge. Turned out to be a great decision as it did a lot of work. NEH makes running these way less bad as they turn into cantrips that enable midseasons. I did not miss the Marked Accounts either as I found I had a bunch of money with the restructures.
-1 Cortex Lock for +1 Ichi 1.0
This was an Anarch meta call as big medium digs can quickly spell the end for this deck and Ichi makes this much more taxing. I also just wasnā€™t having much luck with Cortex Lock so the switch was made.

Was a great trip, props to @spags, @Sotomatic, @mediohxcore and anyone else I am forgetting involved with the ANRPC. Best community tournament scene Iā€™ve seen bar none and the prize support was awesome (the idā€™s are fantastic). Look forward to seeing everyone at the Chicago Invitational!

FYI: Anyone in Wisconsin named Andrew is not to be messed with.

7 Likes

Iā€™m (by my count now) 48-2 with regass in tournaments since I built it in tournaments. RP and CI have been fine for me since O&C came out, but Iā€™m riding Maxx to 1sts and 2nds in every event right now. Thatā€™s way better than Andy was, even at her height. At this point, I am very confident itā€™s better than Kate.

Thanks for playing it :smiley:

3 Likes

Yea I would agree with her being better than Kate. The skill cap is so high though that you really have to put in the time to get solid results. Iā€™ve been playing her for 2 months really consistently (maybe 100 or so games) and I still make play mistakes that cost me games with her. At least you know that you lost from play mistakes though and not from the deck screwing you like other runners can have happen. I think itā€™s a great deck to pilot if you still make play mistakes and you donā€™t know why because it will make them blatantly obvious.

2 Likes

This is such an obvious way to spend the last 2 inf, dunno how I didnā€™t think of that earlier! Great great list. 3x Breaking News, 3x TGTBT, Sansan and Restructures!! This is a mean mean variant.

3 Likes

Yeah, TGTBT is an awesome trap in the deck, since it limits the runnerā€™s available aggression options even further (no running last click!) in a deck designed to punish aggression.

@Jdalart do you ever have any issues scoring out against someone who knows the deck and successfully plays around the kill? I obviously dialed back too far, but i wonder if a better player could make you miss the Beale.

@Sotomatic watching the stream I notice why you kept saying I should run RnD for those single accesses: you thought the dice I had above my playmat were my credits. Before the game Iā€™d told Jake that dice on the playmat are live money and ones off the playmat are money in waiting, so all those 1-2sies dice are not in my pool, so I was generally poorer than you figured I was, and I didnā€™t want to blow cash seeing one card on RnD, especially since NAPD would have broken me. In future I think Iā€™ll move the dice farther away so as not to confuse bystanders :smiley:

EDIT: Also noticed a play error on my part: that first Siphon run where I went back and forth about burning the Spike on a regular HQ run or saving it for the Siphon run, I drew (but didnā€™t look at) an extra card from Geist and didnā€™t put it back when I re-thought the play. I donā€™t think it would have changed the game too much (I think it was Plascrete?) but still! Have to play more methodically.

1 Like

I donā€™t usually have many issues scoring out as playing around the kill in this deck usually means giving up scoring windows. The tgtbt, breaking news, and napd can all be scored out fairly safely as well as one can be scored out of hand and the others have serious downsides to steal on the runners side. It is definitely more difficult and a riskier endeavor than scorching them out but is usually very possible.

I really donā€™t miss the beale as it was pretty much all risk for very little reward. TGTBT just does so much for furthering the main objective of the deck that it wins out for me. Itā€™s the same reasoning as running 3 breaking news instead of 2. You want to run three even though it increases your agenda density because it is so critical for you main objective. Beale is really only for the backup objective and therefore got cut. Hope that answers your questions :smile:

3 Likes