ANRPC - Mid Atlantic Circuit Invitational Results and discussion

Hello all, I just want to say this past weekend was a blast, and so were all the qualifier tournaments leading up to it. I want to congratulate all 26 invitees, but especially the top 8 which I listed here. I have all the round info, pairings, statistics on decks etc, but I have no clue how to format it to put it on stimhack, if someone wanted to help me (cough @CrimsonWraith cough) that would be awesome!

Here is the results of the top 8, all stimhackers:

Rank Name

1. Jonas Wilson @thebigunit3000
  2. Alex Brown @aardshark
  3. Robby Fry @allofthemarbles
  4. Brendan Cain @embaci
  5. Tim Rafalco @trafalco
  6. Rob Waltman @drawkward
  7. Pat Eshgy @PEsh
  8. Chris Briley @Feliks
11 Likes

There were a lot of interesting things in this tournament, 5 people played Noise, 4 made top 8. Only 1 Kate, and no Criminals in top 8. There was a CI and a Titan Transnational in the top 8, along with 2 EtF and 4 NEH, all playing Team Sponsorship, I believe. Many notable stimhackers were at this event ( @mediohxcore @bblum @Basoon @hhooo @dashakan @steve_houston @bahram @crfluency just to name a few) but all failed to make the top 8. This was a talent filled field, and everyone that did make it fought toe-to-toe with amazing players, and deserved to win. There is some more info over on acoo (Glen Burnie ANRPC - Mid Atlantic Circuit Finals - Android Netrunner - Acoo) and I will try to get decklists up on there, I will post the winning lists in this thread shortly.

6 Likes

Pfft, I’ve got my own cache of information from my 26 player ANRPC tournament last weekend to work through and report the results of! :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, all I typically do is run the results through Tobin’s BGG spreadsheet for graphs and pie charts, then post the final standings, identities, and deck lists on Acoo via their tournament submittal page. Looks like you’ve already got that second part done. If there’s anything more specific i can help with, just holler. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The acoo information is up there I assume because I hit “submit” on the NRTM app. As far as the spreadsheet, that’s above my pay grade.

I’m just glad noise didn’t win :smile:

Great tournament, props to everyone who organized at all levels.

1 Like

Careful what you wish for… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the great weekend everyone. I was happy to make top 8, but flatlining @bblum on turn 2 was the best part of the weekend. :smile:

6 Likes

@Sheshonk @mediohxcore It’s time we have to admit that Maxx is no longer the hottest Anarch :worried:
Great weekend overall, it’s like a netrunner festival. :grin:
Also congrats Jonas @thebigunit3000 ! Look forward to you representing our MAC at worlds!

3 Likes

Really interested in the insight of the attendees here. Those who did not make the top 8- what did you expect, and did it affect what you brought? What lead to you missing the cut?

Those who made the top, the same questions: Why did you bring the decks you did? Because you were most comfortable with it, or because you thought it would be resilient to something you expected to see a lot of?

They say talk is cheap, so I’d like to hear what worked out of all these threads and what didn’t. How many Film Critic and Food did you see? How on the mark is the meta prediction of Stamherk?

Food isn’t legal yet (assuming you mean Global Food Initiative). I saw a lot of NEHFA with TS, and as such played Andromeda. She was fine, I lost 2 games to RP (I managed to face the only 2 RP players there) although, I think the odds favored me heavily in my game vs @steve_houston but my accesses did not. I was part of the problem playing NEHFA, I won most games, got Noised in one, and Leela’d in the other (3 gang signs by turn 5!). I pretty much feel for myself that I am just out of practice enough to not have enough skill to make the cut in such a field. I really wanted to play combo, but I feared Noise too much. I had one opponent install a Film Critic, and it was completely irrelevant.

4 Likes

Just want to be a jerk here and say I was number 1 failed boy at the #9 spot! Such a weird but fun tourney. Thanks to @dashakan for running it and to all the great Stimhacksters who make this game fun.

6 Likes

Film Critic was prevalent and game winning all over the SMC.

Congrats on this event. Glad it did well and kicked ass.

Another huge thank you to @dashakan and friends for organizing an amazing event that went off without a single hitch, and was loads of fun to play in!

I was expecting almost everyone to bring @hhooo 's Sponsorship or some variant of HBFA. I brought the weird Val deck because I just thought it was decent and fit my playstyle. I wanted to see if it would fare well against a tough field, because half of the games I’ve tried to play with it on OCTGN had ended in disconnect. :cry: Felt like NEH Sponsorship was a good matchup versus Noise and decent versus Kate.

4 Likes

I was lucky enough to be one of the top 8 and can really only attribute it to lots of practice (OCTGN) and keeping up with the meta where I had at least practiced a couple times against each of the current deck archetypes with the exception of a few (@PEsh had an NBN I hadn’t really played against before). I took the same decks (Noise and Titan) I took to the qualifier because I have the most practice with them. In Noise I did add 2x hacktivist meeting that helped with a game or two against HB/NBN Team sponsorship stuff. I kept Titan the same because I had I thought for whatever reason that paparazzi was in D&D so I didn’t switch out power shutdown for corporate town (which I have already done for my OCTGN games) which would have come in handy against @thebigunit3000 as he was running a variant of the paparazzi DLR. In the end I am just happy and humbled that I did so well considering the field was so strong and had a great time meeting some more stellar players in the community!

5 Likes

Props to…

-Everyone I got to meet, or names I finally got to put a face to.
-Good dinner, and a fun albeit hard to organize draft that showed that the group playing this game is also just a good group of people.
-Having side things to do all weekend beyond the tournament.
-The tournament and the LCQ being a blast overall.
-Everything being run well, and everyone being cool to make sure everything was run well also.
-Dem custom IDs. Hot damn. I luv em.

Lessons I learned…

-Stop making gameplay errors. I thought about it and my hubris or lack of seeing a play until a turn or two too late cost me at least 2 games… very likely 3. This is outside of anything I just didnt test against. Frowntown.
-Stop being as hard of a unique snowflake. I have my preferences, but taking 8 agenda HB made most of my matches way harder then they needed to be. I need to find the better balance between doing what I want, and matching that to the meta at large.
-Test harder. I am now fully aware of Team Sponsorship… and that I played vs it in a really silly way. I just didnt see it enough on OCTGN, and the pilots I played using it just werent as good as this field was.
-Don’t be as hard on myself. This field was out of fucking control with talent. Getting through the LCQ, and almost hitting .500 in the real deal is an accomplishment. Usually I would be destroying myself for underperforming, but I was able to take it a lot easier and just enjoy the event because I realized and accepted the fields strength.

Chameleon Kate is still love and is still totally the real deal. I can still play glacier and make strong plays which is awesome. 9 Strength IQ is hilarious. Being overly clever loses you games. Making an active attempt to be more social, rather than music and clear my head to play better made me enjoy the weekend so much more than I would have, and I’m glad I did.

Thanks for running this to anyone involved. Keep this going next year. I can not wait for the Worlds Team event, and this was one of the best weekends in this game I had period.

And shout outs to Chameleon Kate being the fun police, keeping @bblum from his 10-0 in the LCQ. XD

8 Likes

I was part of the 6-4 group including @stevehouston who missed on SOS. I got paired against @mediohxcore round 1, played really poorly in the first game, which on top of an econ light draw, made it a quick loss for me, and dropped a very tight second game where I couldn’t find the last agenda through medium digs to close it out. Swept my second round, split a close series with @Halarith round three, and then I find out that in round 4 I’m paired down against @bblum who’s somehow managed to finagle himself into a 2-4 record going into round 4. We play my favorite two games of the day, both beating Kate with NEH sponsorship, both by virtue of slipping past a naked agenda at critical moments. I really wish this match had been recorded, because it was awesome. I finished up by winning both vs. @bahram with a couple lucky pulls out of Cybernetics court HB’s HQ, and an early breaking news play to trash a street peddler, followed by baiting a clot with a CVS installed onto SanSan after he see’s Shipment on R&D. Awesome games all day, but I missed the cut (10th I think?) because Dan and Ben both went 3-5 drop. SMH.

I was expecting to play against Noise at least 2-3 rounds, but managed to be paired against Andy and Kate x4, which would have influenced my deck choices a good bit. I also played Kate with only one Lady, simply because I only had one in my box when I opened it up, and it worked out fine. I didn’t use more than 4 lady counters in a game all day.

I also drafted the fucking sickest deck in the second draft on Saturday with an agenda suite of 1 TGTBT, 1 Breaking News, 3 Fetal AI, and Government Takeover, and played 2x Scorch, SEA, Ghost Branch, Mushin, 2x Ronin, Snare, and plenty of money. Whoever thought taking the Takeover out of the cube is a fool, it’s awesome, just make sure you pick up DBS and Yagura if you have it, because it’s almost impossible to lose once you bottom 6 points with Yagura.

Thanks to @dashakan for organizing, Taylor and @Webster for bringing the cubes, and everyone else for being the best community and meta out there. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my last weekend in the country.

10 Likes

The winning decklists:

Identity
Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (10)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) •••• ••••
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
2x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
3x Inject (Up and Over)

Hardware (1)
1x Turntable (Chrome City)

Icebreaker (3)
3x Faust (The Underway)

Program (1)
1x Medium (Core Set)

Resource (35)
3x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)
3x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time) • • •
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) •
1x Human First (Order and Chaos)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Off-Campus Apartment (Breaker Bay)
3x Drug Dealer (Old Hollywood) • • •
2x Paparazzi (Old Hollywood)
3x Wireless Net Pavilion (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Identity
Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x License Acquisition (All That Remains)

Asset (14)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x Turtlebacks (The Source) • • •
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)
3x Team Sponsorship (The Universe of Tomorrow) • • •

ICE (13)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)
1x Archer (Core Set) ••
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) • • •
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)
1x Architect (Up and Over) ••

Operation (5)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
1x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Upgrade (5)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

4 Likes

oh god no plz don’t justify that deck :frowning:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

not trying to put them on blast, but wondering what happened that forced some really remarkable players out of top 8? mispredicting the meta? brought fun decks? not really trying to be super competitive at a fun event? just the quality of players attending? or one of those bad days that happen every now and then?

then again, the same seemed to happen down at SMC with some visible figures missing the cut. (and i wouldn’t be surprised if I get bodied at GLC’s finals)

2 Likes