ANRPC - Mid Atlantic Circuit Invitational Results and discussion

When there’s such a high concentration of high tier players in one tournament, you need a huge pile of help from variance to stay on top. Some people played hard and got the right draws while others played hard with crap ones. Such is life.

2 Likes

Also, placed one above @bahram. SUCK IT NERD.

1 Like

[quote=“dashakan, post:1, topic:5105”]

1. Jonas Wilson @thebigunit3000
    [/quote]it’s a new era

an era of Jo Wilsons

6 Likes

1 Like

They all had to play against each other, with only 26 total players :wink:

Also, @mediohxcore audibled to Andy at the last minute, perhaps that was a part of it.

2 Likes

It’s mostly about meta preparation I think. This is local meta,we all know each other really well. It’s not that hard to predict what people gonna play and it’s no secret that sponsorship NEH gonna be everywhere and Noise will be one of the main force coming into it. Some people took it seriously and build their deck around, get enough relevant testing and had great success.

Although if there is one last thing I have to say, it is that whoever took sponsorship NEH and did well in the finals, should give credit to Niles @hhooo who piloted the deck more than a month ago and shared it with everyone here.

6 Likes

Shared where, out of curiosity? I only ask because I saw @hhooo mention it in a thread, but nothing really past the idea of playing Sponsorship out of NEH Fastro. I hunted around for a decklist for a while and ended up building my own, but I’d be interested to see if I missed a list being posted somewhere.

EDIT: re-reading it, it looks like by “here” you might have meant your local meta, which makes sense. I thought you meant stimhack.

3 Likes

She meant Niles’ secret meta in his head. He allows a few lucky souls in there once in a while, when he is fully blitzed on mescal.

5 Likes

That may have been referring to a physical version of ‘here.’ I don’t think a full list made it up on SH, it was more of a skype circle and in person thing. Either way I’m glad it’s as good as I thought it would be. Sponsorship is stupid strong. The main difference in mine from other lists with TS was running the 3x breaking news, double CVS, and Archer. Turtlebacks I think everyone sort of figured out, although I actually ended up not actually playing Turtles on the day.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think when D&D is out it’ll make too much sense to play 3 BN 1 15 minutes. Not sold on license acquisition (though i do love the card) due to it not being able to FA on its own.

License Acquisition is good, The Future is Now is better.

Oh yeah, and Niles deserves all the credit (scorn?) in the world for coming up with Team Sponsorship in NEH. He was on that over a month ago, and we were trying it out.

1 Like

@hhooo, you still on that 3 pointer in there?

Nah. I cut 2 DBS and the 5/3 a while ago for Fast Track/NAPD/Future is now. TFIN is so, so good.

3 Likes

This event was so good. I really hope we’re doing this again next year.

I also feel like some of those players in our meta stayed with decks they knew, and didn’t properly judge the impact of some of the latest released cards. I think RP suffered greatly to Film Critic, and those who continued to play that deck didn’t properly account for it being in damn near every deck.

Could be another reason . . . . that and the fact the top 24 was a meat grinder.

2 Likes

Anyone know what was in the CI deck? Was it combo, or something else?

I will give you a hint: I died

2 Likes

Wow. Scorched imaging within a month of butcher-shop prominence. Great meta call that everyone was going to run away from butcher, thus leave their plascretes (EDIT: and all the Noise that are throwing away their I’ve had worse) at home.

1 Like

Decklist? I’m hard in love with Chameleon, and I’d like to see what a real player does with it.

No panic button though. Seemed wrong, but what do I know? I’m just some scrub who went 2-6 drop to join a draft.

3 Likes