ANRPC - Mid Atlantic Circuit Invitational Results and discussion

Cut 1 Daily cast, add in 1 Paricia, and you have my current build. I got a big write up on Team Covenant explaining all the cards if you wanna read that too.

2 Likes

I will try to get more lists up this weekend. If any of the participants want to upload their decks to the acoo page - Glen Burnie ANRPC - Mid Atlantic Circuit Finals - Android Netrunner - Acoo - that would save me a lot of trouble! All you nead is the *.o8d file (OCTGN decklist file) to do it!

5 Likes

So, I audibled to Medium Andy last minute because I asked around what was being played and it was basically a ton of HBFA and NEHFA, most of it with 3 Team Sponsorship and a ton of CVS, both of which suck for Maxx but tend to be fine for Andy. She has the ability to take big advantage of lots of remotes with testing and has the early tempo to deal with the asset spam, and is basically the only runner that can keep it under control consistently, I donā€™t think I lost because I picked Andy; in fact, I think it was a really smart move.

That being said, after sweeping @hhooo round 1, I went down in flames, taking 2 sweeps in a row, which were my 2nd and 3rd times being swept in a tournament. I chalk up 3 of those games to bad luck and the last one to pure tilt. In the first one, I got flooded with 5/11 of my agendas in my first 10 cards, fired a beta test, and milled 2 more agendas, followed by my opponent hitting Architect Tollbooth off his own Beta Test in the next game. In the next round against Scorch CI, I played pretty flawlessly I think and saw about 20-25 cards before the money race was no longer keep-uppable, then went for a triple medium legwork turn and managed to miss those as well and died on 6 points. Then against CT Stimshop, I failed to rez a Femmed Ichi when I didnā€™t realize my opponent was on $0. Oops. I also played right into Clot that game, largely because I assumed my opponent didnā€™t have it after I had previously FAd when he had the ability to get it but just forgot to do so.

Comedy of errors. I chalk up all my problems to cube, which I did 3 times on the weekend and have done twice in the past month since a local built one rather than pay any attention to whatā€™s going on in the actual meta. Cube is the best ever. No sadness for me that weekend.

Check out this monster:

omg (34 cards)

The Shadow: Pulling the Strings

Agenda (5)
1 Government Takeover
1 House of Knives
1 Philotic Entanglement
1 Priority Requisition
1 Project Beale

Asset (7)
1 Aggressive Secretary
1 Daily Business Show
1 Private Contracts
2 Project Junebug
2 Ronin

Operation (13)
1 Archived Memories
1 Blue Level Clearance
1 Hedge Fund
2 Mushin No Shin
2 Oversight AI
1 Punitive Counterstrike
2 Restructure
1 Sweeps Week
2 Trick of Light

Barrier (2)
1 Wotan
1 Wraparound

Code Gate (2)
1 Wendigo
1 Yagura

Sentry (5)
1 Archer
1 Ichi 2.0
1 Nebula
1 Pup
1 Swordsman

6 Likes

Last Sunday is probably anti-Medium day. I also missed pretty hard on all my Maxx vs NEH mus and my 4 brain damage HB medium deep digging against @mediohxcore

that draft deck drove me crazy though :wink:, Mushin Junebug, IA trick of light from one Junebug to another Junebug. I tried to stay alive as long as possible but life is hard.

3 Likes

Here, here. I went 5-1 in the first three rounds of Swiss of our 26-player ANRPC HAC qualifier last week, needed one win in the last two matches to make the cut and I got swept twice. One game I had 5/9 agendas in first 12 cards, 4 in HQ and 1 stolen, 2/18 ice in the same dozen cards. Back against the wall with no Jackson in sight, I decided to Biotic out a Beta Test and trigger itā€¦ got a Turing (against a player w/Refractor and Cloak installed) and dumped a 3-pointer into Archives for my trouble. :expressionless:

So the lesson here is play Noise if you wanna play Anarch, because ironically heā€™s least affected by all the anti-Noise tech doing the roundsā€¦ Bah.

3 Likes