Arkham Horror LCG Discussion

Aaaaand here we go Ladies and Gentlemen:

Arkham Horror: The Card Game is a cooperative Living Card Game® set amid a backdrop of Lovecraftian horror. As the Ancient Ones seek entry to our world, one to two investigators (or up to four with two Core Sets) work to unravel arcane mysteries and conspiracies.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/arkham-horror-lcg-showcase/

Not my cup of tea, since I don’t like coop LCGs.

3 Likes

I do like co-op LCGs (well… the one that exists) and it’s still a pass from me. Some of the mechanics look like they have a lot of potential, but I’m bored stiff of the theme just from reading the preview. Not my thing at all.

Same for me - I really like Lord of the Rings LCG and it’s mostly because of the theme, the Cthulhu mythos is not interesting to me at all. Which is good, two card games is definitely enough

I hate the theme, but coop games are my jam, so might buy in.

Hot damn, I’m all in. I’ve held out on buying LotR as no one near me is really into it, but my group is pretty keyed up on Lovecraft. FFG, you’re all up in my wallet.

1 Like

Looks interesting! I really like the lotr lcg so I might have to put this on my radar!

Anyone know when it’s due for release?

They say

Fourth quarter of 2016

I’m hugely excited about this. Have been enjoying LOTR for years. It’s another Nate French product. 3x core set purchase for me. Can’t wait. XD

1 Like

apparently you can get by with just 2x core

I re-read the article and it looks like you can 4 player with just one… So maybe 2 is the sweet spot. At least to give it a whirl first.

So this might be a strange question, but curious here: What’s the good thing about Nate French as the designer?

Arkham Horror: The Card Game is a game of cooperative investigations for one to two players (or up to four players with two Core Sets).

1 Like

Missed that bit thanks. Must have got an amniesa condition.

Ahh bummer. I’m just a huge fan of his games. LOTR is a work of genius imo.

He designed Lotr.

Case and point.

2 Likes

I’m going to jump on the love of H.P Lovecraft bandwagon, before the awful dislike of the theme that I’m hearing sets in. Cthulhu is your God. I’m excited to play a lot of this.

If it’s lite the LotR lcg, you can play it up to 4 just fine. LotR just needs a sheet a paper to keep track of threat for players 3 and 4, honestly.

That’s a good point. LotR only came with 2 threat trackers, but it still had enough Gandalves for everyone to get one in a 4-player game. I wouldn’t be too shocked if FF gave you enough cards, if not other tools, for a 4-player game out of the box. That makes it an easier entry point for casual players.

What I’ve read so far is that you need 2 core sets to play with more than 2 players. All of the previewed box art says its a game for 1-2 players.

I thnk there’s an errata. The box should read: “for 1-2 players. Up to four players with two core sets. Of course, if you like the game you’ll have to buy up to 3 core sets for yourself eventually since there are several key cards we’ll refuse to make available any other way.”

It’s an FFG game after all :sweat_smile:

2 Likes