[Article] What's Wrong with Weyland?

Good article!

I’ve oft-times complained about the poor quality of Weyland ICE and the need to outsource (as opposed to say HB where sometimes I’m struggling to spend the influence due to how many great in-faction cards there are).

Having had the big box and still not having a core of solid every day ICE is really crippling for the Corp - I want to go back to Weyland, but really struggling to see how I can build something that wouldn’t just be better in another faction.

With the exception of Blue Sun obviously, but they’re the go-to ID and as such I don’t play them (self imposed rules!).

2 Likes

Wormhole feels more and more to me like an HB ice that got lost somewhere along the line.

5 Likes

I hope the give Weyland more economic Upgrades similar to Shell corporation. Weyland can go out of faction for some pretty nasty traps, but if the runner figures out they’re ambushes then the Corp’s only option is to build up the ICE on the server. Adding an upgrade turns the remote into an alternative source of income. Where the runner has to decide if it’s worth the risk of trashing the Corps economy at the expense if possible damage and/or tags.

Maybe The Twins will be the silver bullet that Weyland needs to keep runners out of Weyland remotes.