Astrobiotics: Fun with TWIY*

but both are doubles

How necessary do yā€™all really think Jackson is? I ask because I removed both mine and added a third SanSan (putting my deck at 40), and my deck is performing better without him.

Granted, it varies by deck, but Iā€™ve found my games to be so short I rarely see anything I recycle and I seldom ice my remote until turn three (if at all - usually Iā€™ve started Astro-chaining by that point so thereā€™s no need), so it typically gets trashed immediately.

Keyhole is irrelevant the moment I lay down an Archer, or if Data Raven scares them off; and in any case, it takes a while to get Keyhole and a breaker out, much less mill enough times to start making me sweat.

The point is, 3x Anonymous Tip essentially gives you an eight card starting hand in 40% of your games, which in a 40-card deck bolsters your consistency to the point that games are ridiculously short. Mine are averaging 8-12 turns, and SfSS/Biotic are brutal in conjunction.

1 Like

I started out at 40 cards with 3x Tip and no Jackson. I found that getting my Tips milled was problematic, and there are a number of people in my meta who like playing Noise (myself included, although Andyā€™s my BFF). I like Jackson as backup econ recursion, backup draw, and Runner taxing ā€“ but I will say that I didnā€™t try SfSS in his place. I did try SfSS, but it was in place of SanSan City Grid, which I think was a mistake.

I like the idea of 40 cards and no Jackson. It sounds crazy, but in this build I think it works well.

1 Like

Noise is definitely a reason to play Jackson, that I canā€™t refute. My meta is entirely Andysucker, GabeKnight, Katman, and the occasional Whizzard/Reina.

Ah, youā€™re right. I forgot about that. So it would have to be on the following turn.

Anon tip in the opening hand with TWIY is amazing, but Iā€™ve had a few games where Iā€™ve been stuffed on agendas and lost because I couldnā€™t get rid of them in time.

Against Reina decks I often prefer not to rez early (esp if they have a Xanadu out) and just allow a few accesses so that I can build up my economy, and setup a remote, while they try to figure out what to do. Jackson lets me get rid of Agendas in HQ I donā€™t want yet, and save a turn of keyhole if for some reason I canā€™t stop it.

It may not be ideal, but I need to try the deck more.

I got a pretty good test session out of the latest alterations to my TWiY* deck yesterday. I faced a Kate deck twice, a Noise deck twice, a different Kate deck once, and a Chaos Theory deck once. All 6 of those games were wins. Here is my decklist:

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Market Research
3x Project Beale

Asset (7)
2x Adonis Campaign ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x GRNDL Refinery ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Jackson Howard

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund
2x Midseason Replacements
2x Psychographics
3x Sweeps Week

Barrier (5)
2x Bastion
3x Wraparound

Code Gate (5)
3x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth

Sentry (5)
2x Grim
3x Rototurret ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Getting GRNDL Refinery with 4 counters to go off might sound slow (a two turn investment), but it will power your economy for a very long time (save for a tollbooth rez). It used to be melange, but that takes an extra turn to instal it, and 3 turns is just too much. Anyway, I was surprised by how easy it was for Midseasons to go off. And once it does, you can score those 4/3s out of hand. R&D lock is a problem, in my experience, which is why 3 Jacksons it vital. If they dug far into R&D, shuffle it immediately as they take a turn or two to recover and then you gotta draw like a madman. I brought a TWiY deck to a season one tourney with positive results as well. If you can give up the Biotic Labors, then the influence isnā€™t really that big of a downside. Lastly, I am finding a lot of TWiY deck lists with less than 15 ICE, but the reliability of the wraparound and Rototurret draw is vital. Canā€™t wait for Quandary.

1 Like

I just tested your list a bit and i like it, but i donā€™t know if i like the data ravens. You donā€™t really have a way to punish tags so i guess weā€™d prefer a way to trash programs or another etr ice there. Opinions?

The only reason theyā€™re there is to scare the runner into running slowly and removing tags or (far more common) run elsewhere. The prevalence of TWIY scorch decks puts the fear of God into runners so theyā€™ve been punishing in and of themselves.

However Iā€™m about to divulge my latest deck on BGG, which will make the Ravens pointless if it becomes popular. Iā€™m wanting to swap the Ravens for that upcoming sentry ETR that canā€™t be bypassed, and the Enigmas for Quandrys.

What do you do against a Kit deck? If the runner gets Gordian first turn, all of your servers are in danger.

True, but I would only ice HQ and R&D and nothing else while I draw into Biotic/Astroscript, so Iā€™ll multi-ice both to help mitigate her ability. Rototurret and Archer definitely come in handy here.

Fun fact,

I just saw your list on BGG and i made almost exactly the same changes as you made after i saw and played your list.
I added a 3ā€™d sansan and 2 rototurrets instead of 2 jackson and an archer and i was indeed feeling the need to cut popup window. Iā€™m pretty curious how much success it will have. Iā€™m still torn between either this list or my HB list which currently still has better results (but i have way more experience with it).

and for once thereā€™s an NBN deck with which i donā€™t have economy problems.

2 Likes

Printing Sweeps Week will kinda do that to a corp :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A shame that you revealed the decklist before next weekend though. Thereā€™s a store championship next week iā€™m attending and i hoped to surprise people with this deck cause itā€™s is so strong itā€™s scary. Minimizing interactivity and maximizing consistency are the two recipes for an extremely powerful deck that can steamroll almost anything. Weā€™ve seen this is magic and itā€™s true for this game too.

I expect people to pick this deck up and use it against me now, i should test some runner games against to learn how to beat it cause it seems really hard. What have been the weak spots for those who have tested it extensively?
cause at the moment i beat about anything i encountered.

1 Like

Try the Shaper deck I posted in Ajarā€™s thread about expose. A very quick shaper deck with Indexing is the best counter Iā€™ve seen while still performing well against the rest of the field. Also, sorry for not waiting!

Haha no problem, itā€™s not my deck, you do with it what you want :smiley:

and yeah now you say it, the Kit deck i faced was the hardest match i played, although i won, the fact that we donā€™t set up a lot of ice makes it a playground for them to get in everywhere for almost nothing. And those indexing runs hurt a lot. Thanks!

Been playing TWIY since it came out: Won the store championships in Oslo with this deck (no fear and loathing allowed)

Identity:
NBN: The World Is Yours* (Future Proof)

Total Cards: (44)
Agenda (12)
TGTBT (True Colors #75) x3
Project Beale (Future Proof #115) x3
Breaking News (Core #82) x3
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core #81) x3

Asset (3)
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves #15) x3

ICE (13)
Snoop (Mala Tempora #56) x1
Tollbooth (Core #90) x2
Data Raven (Core #88) x2
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead #19) x2 ā– ā– 
Ice Wall (Core #103) x2 ā– 
Chimera (Cyber Exodus #60) x2
Enigma (Core #111) x2

Operation (14)
Sweeps Week (True Colors #76) x3
Closed Accounts (Core #84) x2
Beanstalk Royalties (Core #98) x3 ā– 
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static #70) x3 ā– 
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3

Upgrade (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core #92) x2

Some reflections: Snoop might be fun but I found it utterly useless in this tournament. TGBT taxes the runner one click and 2 credits if they decide to clear the tag or open up for closed accounts / resource trashing and found this exceptionally usefull in some match ups.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been absolutely ripping through OCTGN lately. Rocking this and a homebrew Knight Gabe list. My only loss in a week time was against a weyland, where i brainlessly ran R&D on my last click, hit a snare and got scorched on turn 2 hahaha.
Iā€™m curious what it will give at the tournament

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just to report i just won the Oberonn store championship wth this deck and my Gabe Knight runner deck.
We were only 6 people but the players who were there were pretty good and we played some beautiful matches.

I will be writing a report and submitting my decklists in a few.

1 Like