Astrobiotics

While it’s bad long-term to float tags against NEH, I think in most cases it’s a solid gameplan as a runner to try and maximize short-term gains against NEH unless you got a deck that’s really tuned for the match-up.

I ran data raven for quite a while. Great against crims and Anarch poor against shaper as they care less about the tags. I dropped it in the end as the best players in my meta run Kate and in a tourney people work out your not running punishment, either by scouting or playing you in earlier rounds.

Then you’re counting on the variance to win and it will probably not be in your favor most of the time. Running through a R&D protected with Eli / Raven is costly if you can manage to get at least 2 suckers token every run. Eli / Architect / Raven and then the R&D become a nightmare, even if you don’t pay attention on the raven.

@lpoulter: Yeah, that’s the list i’ve ran during the league with great success since I didn’t face a lot of players twice. In a tournament environnement I think i will probably drop the raven for a second fast track :slight_smile:

Is there no play do you think for a connectivity behind raven? (Neh but not fastro)

Good place to score napd. And starting a new server has little cost for neh…

i haven’t checked timing… but checkpoint psychic sounds pretty good…

NEH maybe but astrobiotics definitely not. Too janky/positional. For comparison, I’ve tried RSVP as a 1- or 2-of in astrobiotics as a great cheap ice for protecting sansan / melange, but you want every single piece of ice to be usable on turn 1 for protecting centrals.

Melange in astrobiotics? That’s very interesting.