Astrobiotics

3 Daily Business Show seems like a good idea. I run 3x DBS, 3x PAD, 1x Marked

1 Like

I have been thinking about Data Raven. Seems pretty great if you can fit in any sort of tag punishment, and DBS means you shouldnā€™t need much. Most runners will probably bounce off of it when they see it and then not run for a while, making it ETR ice that they canā€™t just find a breaker for. If they just go tag-me, then ideally you can punish it somehow.

Maybe something like

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (8)
3x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (11)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
1x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) ā€¢
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (7)
1x Lotus Field (Upstalk) ā€¢
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
2x Architect (Up and Over) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Data Raven (Core Set)

My guess is this is dumb and the better approach with Data Raven involves building an entirely different deck (NBN:MN with Data Raven, Manhunt, and Psychographics?).

1 Like

Fun Fact: you can play DR and no tag pun whatsoever and just scare the shit out of people. They wonā€™t float tags on a R&D Raven until youā€™ve already scored Astro and basically won.

4 Likes

Unless they have Medium. Then you might have a problem.

1 Like

I ran 1x Data Raven at Gencon and I could not believe how much space was given to me because I had it on R&D. Even against people who had seen my splashes and even in elimination people thought I was running Scorch because of a singleton.

Iā€™ve actually been experimenting with a deck with that very idea. It runs Data Raven early on R&D and piles money making it look like Scorch until they see your first Biotic and by then itā€™s all downhill. I put 2x Psycho and 1x Closed Accounts for when they start running through Data Raven either in desperation or to call your tag punishment bluff. Even floating two tags makes Psycho a 1 credit Biotic Labor, after all.

Iā€™m not sure if its any more consistent than standard NEH but Iā€™ve certainly won games a standard NEH would have been crushed by with it ā€“ @Spags :wink:

3 Likes

Always liked Raven. No good way to deal with it outside of Parasite or Femme. A true annoyance for its cost.

5 Likes

Also of note with Data Raven is the new card, Sub Boost, as yes, it means that your DR can be broken by a Corroder now, but that means every run through it now costs 4 credits AND gives them a tag. Itā€™s also hilarious on a Pop-Up Window too, as long as youā€™re pretty sure they arenā€™t running heavy Parasite, as it forces them to actually get a breaker to handle your Pop-Up.

1 Like

NEH-Rchitect Show

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (10)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (4)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Thatā€™s the list iā€™ve been playing lately with great effect. Data Raven is such a tempo-breaker against a lot of decks.

4 Likes

I love the Data Raven love this thread is showing. Now start splashing it in RP and HB Glacier decks to see its true power.

I like that list a lot. Not a fan of Lotus Field?

Bless Data Raven. Probably the wrong thread, but: it has roughly the same effect in Weyland it does in NEH. Even if youā€™re running vegan Weyland, a Data Raven scares the shit out of people.

LOL, this is the EXACT list that I was playing @SHL2, after the Daily Business Show came out, although I have 1 X Quandary, 1X Enigma because i just love enigma against Wyldside noise and Run a lot Shapers (although i have lost a lot against your Kate).

Exactly the sameā€¦

Cheers.

Eli makes me a little nervous in a post-O&C meta, and Iā€™d been thinking at least one Lotus Field in an otherwise very similar listā€¦ but, I guess, how many copies of the cutlery can they really have?

@Ajar With the 3rd Architect you would probably be pretty safe dropping 1 Eli for 1 Lotus. I really like having Lotus for the Anarch matchup but Eli is probably more universally useful.

The other option of course is to drop an Architect to the more commonly seen two of ā€“ but I actually like the 3 of more than I thought I would in the few games I played with the list.

@Calimsha One thing I really like about this list is how inexpensive it is to stack R&D while making it very taxing for the runner.

In my opinion, what makes and break NEH atm is a combination of Eli and Architect. Both are really cheap to rez and are annoying as hell to break through and give just enough speed bump for the corp to assemble his cards and score ;).
That said, I think a lot of people underrate the strength of Eli or Architect put in a remoteā€¦

3 Likes

@Calimsha Do you ever run into trouble with Account Siphon recursion? It may be more prevalent with Eater. It seems like Tollbooth on HQ and asset recovery wouldnā€™t make it too terrible if youā€™re set up but it seems like many of the ice donā€™t fit well with HQ defense and you donā€™t have the benefit of shipments from 0 creds.

Also, I love the ice count. Iā€™ve usually settled in that 15-16 range myself. I donā€™t understand how some people play 12 ice, in my experience a bad mulligan is all you need to get run over with that. Iā€™ve seen some argue that popup ā€œDoesnā€™t really countā€ but it still bluffs as an etr and taxes early on.

Wraparound laugh at Eater ;). Double Eli as well. For what itā€™s worth, I think iā€™ve only lost once during the league against a Siphon recursion deck with NEH. And I honestly think It could have been avoided just by playing better myself :slight_smile:

I honestly hate Data Raven in NEH. Players already float tags vs NEH 90% of the time.

3 Likes

Thumbs up for that!
I donā€™t like running Data Raven without tag punishment and always have better uses for my deckslots than tag punishment thatā€™s useless most of the games.

That means saying goodbye to your security testing / Aesop and just make Eli much more stronger. Do you really want to pay 6 to run a R&D protected by Eli + Architect without any kind of long-term econ ? Even with suckers, itā€™s still 4 creds for a minimal investment.
Let the corp trash your key ressources is already a tag punishment by itself. And without seeing the rest of the inf, Iā€™ll rather not run through a raven even with a deck who can go tagme easily like Voicepad Kate.

1 Like