BaBW's use cases now that BS exists

I agree. A turn of Medical Research Fundraiser, High-Risk-Investment, Closed Accounts right after the runner cleared Kati would be awesome.

3 Likes

Some sort of crazy low-ICE-count shell game deck would be in favor of BaBW over Blue Sun. Unfortunately there aren’t enough neutral or Weyland ambushes to really do the shell game justice, since you’d be spending influence just bringing in more Transactions (although spamming unprotected remotes would certainly make Paywall Implementation a lot better). Also Weyland has the worst agenda suite for shell games. :confused:

Brainstorm: Gagarin Deep Space with Paywall Implementation and spamming remotes…every PAD campaign comes with a built-in Pop-Up Window!

1 Like

@kiv i was excited to see you’re playing some BABW. I have been thinking of revisiting it lately. how have you been finding it? I watched 3 games of yours, 2 with housekeeping brew and another with purple transactions (which btw I have an oh-so-clever name for “Engineering a Better World”). do you think Housekeeping is worth the slot? personally I was thinking about testing Paywall, as it actually makes you a buck and with less than 10 agendas in deck isn’t unreasonable IMO. have you tested Paywall ? where do you think influence is best spent with BABW Rush? I figure your in faction economy is a good base with 3 Hedge 3 Stalk 3 Restructure, do you think both Clearances are necessary?

Still annoyed O&C didn’t bring any new transcation, and even more annoyed that in the entire game there are only two Weyland transactions (Beanstalk and Paywall). When is BABW gonna get some love?

P.S. Although I would def play the shit out of BABW if I had the alt art.

1 Like

And two neutral ones that are already two of the best economy cards in the game.

I think BaBW is very hard to design for. There isn’t a lot of design space opened up by “get one extra money from a certain sub-set of transactions” and it’s an ability that can break easily.

2 Likes

I’m well aware of the neutral transactions, which is why I said Weyland transactions.

I know. I didn’t mean to imply that you didn’t. I was making the point that most of the design space is already taken up by the neutral transactions. Hedge Fund, Restructure don’t leave a lot of room for the designers to play around in. Paywall was a decent effort that has turned out to be weak so far. In some ways it’s a shame that the Clearances were H-B but on the other hand I can see why, at the time they came out, the designers wanted Weyland to pay influence for them. Medical Research Fundraiser was a nice idea that would have been (even more) terrible in faction. What else is there to do?

1 Like

I would love to see a reprint of this card :

http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/silver-lining-recovery-protocol/

(especially since Weyland is the faction who want to install/advance twice more than the other corps)

5 Likes

Yes please. And make it a transaction.

It’s Tier 2 at best, I mainly wanted to see if I could use my alt-art BABW ID from the Winter kit.

Housekeeping is good against less interactive decks like Noiseshop, Drip Andy, or Hivemind Medium Dig that want to install a lot of things and not run much.

It’s particularly bad against Kate who probably overdrew with Diesel/QT and doesn’t care about pitching a few cards here and there. Runner can play around it by installing multiple cards on the same turn as well. Since Kate is already such a hard matchup, playing a card that’s bad against Kate is probably a no-go.

Re influence, I think you want 4-6 influence on a win condition and the rest on transactions. I’m not convinced there are enough transactions in the game to make the ID gain more money than Blue Sun does in a single OAI.

The Clearances are necessary for the draw, as you just lose to R&D lock or Siphon spam if you don’t see enough agendas in time. I would only trim BLC for other draw such as Anonymous Tip.

Re Paywall, in my experience it’s a delayed Beanstalk at best in this kind of deck. Would be better if you were turning off Runner currents with it, but unfortunately FFG hasn’t figured out how to balance them yet.

2 Likes

This list is a rough draft, untested and probably sucks. I only post it because it occurred to me as an answer to the question of how to turn money into win.

Midseason Transgraphics

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (7)
1x Corporate War (Future Proof)
2x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]

Operation (18)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)[color=#8A2BE2] •••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)[color=#FF8C00] ••••[/color]
1x Psychographics (Core Set)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (9)
3x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Hive (Double Time)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
3x Quandary (Double Time)
3x Wendigo (First Contact)

Sentry (6)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
1x Lycan (All That Remains)
1x Searchlight (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

And it immediately occurs to me that PSF has additional synergy with MsR, so it’s probably a better choice for the singleton 4/2 than Corp War.