BGG - "Geek Madness" - aka March Madness for Games

We’ve narrowed the lead from 100 to only 40 30 25 20 10; I know there are 40 people reading this forum every day. You could be the difference in an online competition everyone will forget in a month. What’s stopping you!?

9 Likes

Done voting.

1 Like

Things are hotting up - votes are coming in thick and fast on both sides, and Power Grid has just hit 1000. The gap is still hovering around 10. Every vote counts!

2 Likes

I’m constantly jarred when I see you posting on BGG, btw. Dunno why, but seeing your name in comments there is so weird.

Also, yes! Go vote in the most important poll you’ll see today linked from this thread!

Might be persona. I tend to post differently depending on the site? But I started on BGG, so. :confused:

I see the next round (top 8) has finally been posted:

Facing Terra Mystica this round. Please vote in all the match ups, not just for Netrunner (or against it if you prefer TM)

FYI, the creator of the competition has discouraged outside advertising for specific matchups in the competition.

lol 10char

5 Likes

Fixed:

“FYI, the creator of the competition has discouraged letting people outside of a small community participate in an event where they voice their opinion just for fun.”

2 Likes

Exactly :wink:

Reminder that the round of 8 ends tonight, don’t forget to switch your thumbs from Terra Mystica to Netrunner if you’re one of those people. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, if you’re a fan of polls in general and have a BGG account, check out this poll. If you’ve been following the furor on BGG during the Madness, you’ll enjoy the delicious bit of irony that this one’s serving out. Someone (ironically, one of our more vocal antagonists in the Madness comments) created his own series of polls with a different criteria every week.

The first week’s criteria: Everyone thumbs the five games they hate the most, and the 25% with the most thumbs are eliminated before the real voting even begins. Ironically enough, Netrunner was saved from the hated 25% after reviewing the votes because of vote stuffers from the anti-Netrunner crowd. Meanwhile, Terra Mystica, Power Grid, Battlestar Galactica (among many others) were all eliminated in the first round. :smile:

The second and on-going week involves casting a single vote for your favorite and least favorite game from different groups of 14. Each game will have the least favorite vote totals detracted from the favorite votes, with the bottom 5 from each group being eliminated.

1 Like

We all have to figure out the relative popularity of the games pitted against netrunner so we can strategically downvote the games that give netrunner the best chance of winning. I don’t actually care about any of this stuff, but I have always enjoyed pissing off asshats on BGG.

3 Likes

Round 5 is up: Official 2015 Geek Madness Tournament: Final Four (Rd. 5) - VOTING CLOSED

1 Like

This round appears to end on Sunday evening so a much shorter voting window. Also if you scroll further it looks like there are match ups in place for ordering the losers from the previous round as well. I nearly missed these…

Netrunner won by only 18 votes in the last round!

This Madness is kinda important to me. The shitstorm after PG convinced me I don’t really want to be a part of BGG any more. That’s why this is my first post on Stimhack forum. Hello everyone!

13 Likes

Welcome to the best online place to be regards to Netrunner :smile:

4 Likes

What was the PG shitstorm?

After winning with PG BGG thrown a hissy fit about alleged shill accounts because netrunner was losing and in last few hours it gained so many votes it won by a three digit margin. Somebody started a separate thread regarding shill accounts without pointing fingers but with a very clear intention of doing something about netrunner.

One user analysed all the votes cast on netrunner and came up with 69 potential shills, doubled this number and even then ANR would win with PG. BGG crowd was unimpressed because for them you only qualify for voting if you visit this site every day, post all the time and have 100+ games in your collection.

On top of that one of the eurodudes sent spam to gather votes for PG and then said that “at least he felt bad about it, instead of thinking it was hilarious” and that nobody should use this method ever again because it’s very effective and could destroy madness of people started doing it on a regular basis.

So basically, guy who sent spam had the nerve to say he’s better than us and that he’s the only one who can do it, because… because it’s ok when he’s doing it, basically.

Funny thing is, this discussion is still going on. Eurodudes are still acting as if Netrunner is a non-game which wins madness, because fanatics are cheating. When somebody points out that this game stays on the hotness list for the years straight, they just ignore this argument.

So I decided I’m done with this bullshit. I like BGG netrunner forum but I’m not going to be treated like a second category citizen on a website that looks like it was made in 1993 as a school project. That’s why I decided to move to stimhack. I’ll need to check out netrunners.co.uk later, but since there’s nothing there for my city yet, it doesn’t really matter.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :smile: