[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

Wormhole only copies when its subroutine fires, which is after the runner has had the opportunity to break it. When the runner is breaking subroutines, the Wormhole sub is unassociated with any other ICE.

4 Likes

I’ve been testing against Stealth Andy and Calimsha Kate. I’m curious why you think Wormhole is way worse than Tollbooth. Against Stealth Andy it seems better because it uses 2 stealths, against Calimsha Kate it is indeed a little worse (4 for Cycy vs Tollbooth’s 5, and 1 more to rez) but not way worse.

Do you just like the ability to put it on a central and nug the runner for 3 on their probing runs?

Reason I ask is, I tested some games with -2 Tollbooth -2 Ash +2 Caprice +2 Wormhole, and it seemed reasonable. I did lose a game with Caprice where Ash would have won, but won 2 games with Caprice where I couldn’t trace Ash high enough - 2>1 is just math :slight_smile: .

Good to know!

It is also probably because Tollbooth actually does something by itself early game, where Wormhole relies on you having some other early game piece of ICE rezzed in order for it to do much of anything.

Late game, it is nearly as taxing as a tollbooth and can sometimes be far more deadly or damaging to a runners rig, but that also requires you to run another piece of ICE that is dangerous. Archer is the go-to in faction, but it also is pretty easy to get around these days.

Tollbooth punishes the face-check, wormhole just ETRs. It’s especially relevant against decks with david, but also, no matter the runner, another advantage of anti-facecheck ice is that when you’re poor you can liquidate them and put them back face-down without losing tempo like you would with plain ETRs.

Wormhole + negotiator is a good idea though. Someone test that out. Don’t cut your caduceuses, cut something else.

Would prefer a better ice to give access to program trashing. Maybe an ichi over lotus fields? Those always seemed to be the weakest of the influence to me, as you are fairly parasite proof and run 5/7 strength codegates

Edit: you might have the money for Sagittarius

2 Likes

I feel like giving the runner an option to click through ice is so not taxing, especially if they come with RDI / maker’s eye. Also Lotus Field is a good remote ice while Ichi is certainly not. :confused:

If you wanna spend more money on a wormhole combo I think nebula is the way to go. Main reason I like the negotiator idea is that it lives in the early-game ice slots. I don’t mind cutting a datapike for a negotiator but I think you might need to shave a curtain wall if you add too many space ice.

1 Like

yep. ichi is great until they are desperate and decide its time for the makers eye or remote glory run.

i too thought ichi would be great but then i examined the list a little more carefully and every single ice sans wormhole has an ETR sub so you cannot cheat your way into accesses. its this sort of synergy ie all cards flowing in the same direction that make for solid decks and is one reason why im not a good deck builder lol. if i were building the deck idefinitely would have ichi 1.0 then wonder why i keep losing close games.

1 Like

For anyone interested, here’s my heretical departure from the Blue Sun Church of Blum. Played in two tournaments over the weekend, won one and finished second in the other. Won a third tournament last week with the Hostile Takeover/Archer version, but I like it more without 'em. To be honest, I did so well primarily because I went undefeated through all three tournaments with my Leela deck - on the Corp side, I would have been better off running a carbon copy of @bblum’s deck with all the Valencia decks running around, I really didn’t anticipate that. I was undefeated against Shapers through all three tournaments, but the meta was sadly dominated by Anarchs, not Shapers.

6 Likes

Yeah, that looks a lot like what I was running pre-O&C, but with NAPD. Then came I’ve Had Worse, and kills became a lot more annoying. Although, you’re right that kills are a good way to even out the shaper matchup. Why the second Adonis over some Bootcamps?

1 Like

Because I enjoy doing silly things, like, dual 2-deep remotes, each with an Adonis Campaign in them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re my favorite.

1 Like

Last night I played @bblum’s list in the league. I faced a player piloting StarkAndTully’s turn15-show-me-your-rnd deck. Conclusions? This matchup is 0%. I knew his deck card for card from the moment MaxX’s ability triggered for the first time. Left HQ wide open, iced up and ashed R&D, then rushed agendas behind Datapike. Still couldn’t make it in time.

I could’ve purged incubator when it had 3 counters, but this would only lead to him seeing 13 top cards and 15 bottom instead of 19 top and whatever bottom cause he won on 19 card access obviously.

I think you can’t win it unless you slot Cyberdex and rush Atlas to tutor it up.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s basically the case. The other idea I had was a 7-8 advanced Atlas and when you’re asked to show your R&D take all but 6 points from R&D. Not sure if that’s feasible. But otherwise if you don’t have a cyberdex suite you lose, if you do have one you win. It’s a dumb deck! Cool, but dumb.

1 Like

I don’t think can beat that deck without Nisei, Caprice, Cyberdex, or maybe Breaking News.

I was worried about that. Thanks for confirming. Time to put a cyberdex…

Can’t you just put a curtain wall on rd and purge incubators aggressively to prevent them from getting in? Maybe in missing something, but it takes 2 incubators at 3 plus bringing a hive mind and the Darwin the turn before.

So you can purge every other turn and keep them out. While still having turns to win

I figured they could just double parasite it. Actually maybe the thing to do is double curtain wall - if you keep them off darwin10 they can only double parasite and then the second one will also have 10 strength. Need to test this more clearly.

1 Like

Forgot double parasite.

You can also over score an atlas and pull both prireqs out during their dib, and try and leave just 3 agendas in rd. (or tax them enough they can’t score enough napds to win).

I just feel you have a decent amount of options.

But yeah, gotta test to know for sure.