Cards and decks you are trying to make work, but can't

Have you seen those Off-Campus Apartment builds? They set up really, really fast and just lock the game out. They are also open to tweaking, I think they can be made perfectly competitive, specially given she’s unaffected by the NAPD nerf.

I had absolutely no faith on Sunny, as I saw her as a worse Stirling but after seeing this builds I’ve changed my mind completely.

I agree. Had it costed 2 credits it would have been a good card, but at 3 it’s just too expensive. Still, it pairs well with Troll, which is nice.

[quote=“phette23, post:22, topic:6430, full:true”]
Apex.

It’s possible to make a half-decent build, but the match is almost 80% decided the moment the ID hits the table. HB? Apex loses.[/quote]
I think that Run Amok will allow Apex to beat HB. The nerfs might also lead more HBs to play NEXT ICE which means more ETR for Apex to break. I think it will be there.

"I hear their collection agents have organ preserva-paks. And dull scalpels."

I don’t play online so I can’t, sorry. But I would love to see a list!

I’ve been trying for months to make a Renia deck with her caissa programs. I’m stubborn but I love the flavor on those inefficient programs. FFG, give us a way to tutor them and it might be tier 2ish.

Why not play 3 Peddlers, 3 Faust? Seems a good enough base for me!

2 Likes

I haven’t tried yet, but I’ll take a look, thanks! I felt the same way, maybe since she didn’t get hit with MWL, time to give her another go.

I know I already had one, but I have been really enjoying a Director Haas in my HB build. This card has never really been good enough, and I think it might be now.

Yes! I have an untested variant of Renia that’s heavy on programs and resources with very few events. Street Peddler, in theory, would provided the card draw and instant speed that a Chess deck desires. I’m on the fence about Faust. One could feed Chess programs to Faust but with the NAPD MWL in place I’m going to theorize that AL hate cards might be a little bit stronger. I’m running the full Anarch Breaker suit but that does have its limitations.

1 Like

I used Midway Station Grid in a Spark deck with all multi-sub ICE (even Little Engine!). It was okay, between Midway, the ICE, and the occasional Reversed Accounts, I was often able to keep the runner poor, or trash enough of his credits to create a scoring window. Forcing the runner down to 0-2 credits is what Spark is all about, and Midway helps the runner do this to themselves.

Unfortunately that deck has taken a big hit from the NAPD Most Wanted List, but I may come back to that idea to see if I can keep runners that aren’t Pre-Paid Kate poor.

Same. I’ve been working on a Grndl deck for a few months now. But it’s still only about 40% win rate.

This is probably total nonsense so fair warning, but has anyone tried Midway in HB: Custom Biotics? You can have 2/3 Midways and still have a fair chunk of influence for the Grail ice with all the HB stuff like NEXT ice for free on top. Not tried it myself, just something that came to me on the way home from work. Probably plays like a bag of balls though. It does let you combine two unplayed cards into one deck for that warm fuzzy feeling though…

2 Likes

I really like Underway Renovation. Currently have an Argus Security build where I’ll put it in my scoring remote and advance it when I can until the runner tries to get it.

I did try to make a Midway Next Grail deck. It was actually pretty succesful in last december/january, before Order and Chaos and parasite dominance arrived - it could some mean things to criminals and they couldn’t handle all the multi-sub ice. First, I tried it out of Foundry. That was too inconsistent - my only wins were Merlin flatlines. Then went to Custom Biotics to fit 2 Midway Station grids in. That was a lot better but I still had economy issues. Then went to ETF, the deck performed fabulously.

1 Like

TMI out of Making News.
Tried. Tried. Tried again.

2 Likes

Oh, man, I wish it was worth it. I keep forgetting it’s just one card per advance until it starts overadvancing, just not worth it as printed. I tried. I tried so much.

Maybe with the Clone Chip hit and/ot a Blacklist/Chronos Project it’d work, but I dunno. Be safe.

Weyland tends to run out threats and get in a situation where the runner is just sitting back, gathering resources, waiting to assault RnD.

To me it’s worth to install + advance after adding piece of program-trashing ICE to the score remote.
If they run: surprise Archer or Swordsman. If they don’t, I’ll advance 3 times next turn, milling them 4 more cards.

It’s OK, But not spectacular.

1 Like

The biggest problem is the best-case scenario still leaves you open. So you’ve milled their entire deck. They can still win with what they have installed by running against your weakened centrals (since you’ve been devoting so many resources to overadvancing a 1-point agenda).

2 Likes

It’s a real shame but the card was simply priced incorrectly. For most of the game, all NBN tracers were set assuming you would always play MN so they are all way underpowered.

7 Likes

Making News is a really strange ID. I mean, in the same Core Set there are cards that give link, which essentially cancel out the recurring credits. 1 Link Runners even existing means the ID starts a game at 50% strength. I’d love to know the thought process behind Making News in testing.

@Danwarr Interacting with some ices subs I think.

There’s a corp ID interacting with anything you install, one that interacts with agendas and one last ID that can nicely wedge a piece of furniture.

1 Like

Throw in 2x Comet for the SMC, Battering Ram for the Corroder to add a much needed Legwork, and Code Siphon over SoT for the SMC consistentency hit, and you have the deck I’ve been playing for a few months inspired by someone else in my meta.

It’s pretty good, cool to see others going back to CT Siphon.

Zona Sul Shipping seems like a good Criminal drip economy, but then I want New Angeles City Hall to remain tagless which means I need Film Critic or Fall Guy to keep the NACH around. And then it becomes too many moving parts and draw order is an issue.

I’ve also tried to make Hayley + Chameleon + maybe London Library work. It ended up being too many moving parts and not enough economy. Maybe I just didn’t get the build right. :slight_smile: