Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

Results of Day 19

Picks:

Wow, we had some really close picks today

For the Corp pick, Project Vitruvius slid it’s way to victory with 30% of the vote. Close contenders were Chimera at 25%, Beanstalk at 20% and Marked Accounts at 20%.

On the runner side, we had an exact tie between StimHack and Cyberfeeder with 42% each. StimHack wins the pick on tiebreakers as your pick.

This brings your current drafts to look like:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (6+5)
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (9)
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (4)
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(5+3)
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(3)
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(7)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 4 (7 cards)

1 TGTBT
1 Foxfire
1 Curtain Wall ••
1 Paper Wall
1 Sensei
1 Matrix Analyzer ••
1 Snoop ••

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/eL3Td

Runner Pack 3 Pick 4 (7 cards)

1 Notoriety
1 Vamp
1 Akamatsu Mem Chip
1 Public Sympathy
1 Underworld Contact
1 Medium
1 Scheherazade

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/zwuUk

Personally went for TGTBT and Akamatsu Mem Chip

Corp side there is some ok ice, but nothing amazing, and TGTBT plays well with our tag punishment, and is decently easy to score

Runner side we need memory and there isn’t much we’re passing up outside of medium, and i think we’re set on R&D attack

C: Paper wall as cheap etr

R: Vamp. HQ treat is nice.

I don’t think our economy can support vamp unless we get opus early

Runner - I’m favouring the mem chip. We already have a vamp. 2 seems optimistic.

Corp - Really tempted by Snoop, but probably going with Paper Wall, even though i’m not a fan of it.

We can get Opus Early, probably via Test Run if need be, the chances of getting one of those two early is high in a 30 card format.

Test Run into Opus is a controversial play, but I think in draft with only one copy of Opus it is a solid play.

TGTBT could be good with Scorch or Closed accounts, but requires catching the Runner on their last click. It’s a 3 cost agenda though. For our 30 card corp deck we will need 14 Agenda Points. We’ve got 6 points of 2/3s, 4 points of 2/4s and 1 point of 1/2s. 11 Total, meaning a single Priority Req rounds out the slate. But say we take TGTBT and cut the 2/4s - 3 2/3s, 2 3/5s and 2 one pointers - that’s a very balanced attack but I’d rather try to draft another 1/2 than try to score TGTBT.

Snoop is an interesting card in this format. With no IDs to clue you into strategy, I think seeing the Runner’s hand is more powerful. Trashing singletons is also more likely making recovery more difficult.

Curtain Wall would be amazing at shutting down Knight or Morning Star. It’s 12 for Aurora to break on the outside, 11 for Corroder or Battering Ram. It’s the sort of Ice that Stimhack loves but we’ve drained the pool of Stimhacks.

Paper Wall is the last solid EtR in the pack and would be a another cheap Barrier to match our cheap Code Gates. I think we want about 6 non-porous EtR ice - 2 every 10 cards. We’ve over drafted half of our 40 cards and have 3 which is just behind the pace. It is great early game Ice that can help rush an opening hand 3/5 agenda.

A second Vamp powered with Opus could theoretically allow us to play a Vamp deck, which could work in this format.

Akamatsu Mem Chip is good for our memory issues.

Medium is interesting because we can use Djinn to get it. We already have Keyhole and RDI, but Medium and RDI work together unlike Keyhole and RDI. I don’t want to get caught with a Sunk Costs attitude toward Keyhole, when Medium plus Djinn plus RDI could present a better offence.

Public Sympathy reminds me that we are carrying 2 Stimhacks and a Spinal Modem. Those facts make this pick a “no-brainer” for me - pun intended. All you Scorch fans should be picking this too as a hate draft.

1 Like

Considering that we only have one other barrier that cannot be clicked through Paper Wall is a good choice here for corp.
While I like Snoop, Trace 3 on such a expensive ICE is bad, and we have very little economy in our deck.
TGTBT is good in our deck, but forces us to draft another agenda, even if we will probably wheel a Character Assassination later this pack I prefer the ICE here.

Runner has a lot of OK cards but not anything great. I think any of Vamp, Notoriety, Akamatsu (even if our rig actually isn’t that memory intensive) and Medium would make it into our deck. I personally wouldn’t play public Sympathy even if we drafted it, but I guess to each his own. I like the second vamp, we should be focusing on drafting economy in the last pack anyway. Medium is a very solid pick, but is somewhat counterproductive with Darwin/Crypsis since it gives even greater value to a virus wipe.

Results of Day 20

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Paper Wall beat TGBT with 44% of the vote.

On the runner side, to my suprise Akamatsu Mem Chip was the choice over Vamp and Medium with 50% of the vote.

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (6+5)
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (10)
1x Paper Wall
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (4)
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(5+3)
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(4)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(7)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 5 (6 cards)

1 Market Research
1 Edge of World
1 Interns
1 Restructure
1 Hadrian’s Wall •••
1 Hourglass ••

http://www.instant.ly/s/Domhc

Runner Pack 3 Pick 5 (6 cards)

1 Lawyer Up
1 Blackguard ••
1 Clone Chip ••
1 John Masanori
1 Underworld Contact
1 Snowball ••

http://www.instant.ly/s/p1gKK

Edge of World, Interns, Restructure or Hadrian’s Wall.

Edge of World is a pretty great trap that doesn’t cost us much economy to use. Interns wants installable stuff that ends up in Archives or Ice that needs to get out on a very deep server. Restructure is solid economy. A big, late game Ice like Hadrian’s could be useful for us. I’m picking Restructure because I like money and i think our cheaper ice will leave us non-broke enough to get the big money in advance of making a big play later down the line.

Clone Chip, John Masanori or Snowball.

I like Clone Chip for mid-run shenanigans and how it benefits our Stimhacks and the additional program trashing insurance it provides could come in handy. John Masanori is a solid draw engine. Snowball is better than Aurora but that isn’t saying much. I’m picking Clone Chip but Masanori is an extremely close second for me.

For me the runner pick is easy, we don’t need Snowball and have so far only one program (Atman) that goes well with Clone Chip. On the other hand John Masanori is great and if some of you are afraid of tags we can include a Crash Space in the deck.

For corp I think Restructure (needs us to draft more economy high in the last pack), Interns (a second copy of whatever economy asset we have in archives) or Hadrian’s Wall (with all the cheap ICE we have we could use some good stopping power) are all playable. Since we are still ~4 ICE short for the entire draft I pick Hadrian’s here, that will make it easier to use the first picks in pack 4 for good economy.

Right now with our corp economy playing Hadrian’s is going to be tough (leading us back to playing Priority Requisition, which negates 6 earlier picks of our draft :wink: ). Given the current state of economy I will choose Restructure.

On the runner side… most likely John Masanori because draw is king. I’ll check in before voting to see if anyone convinces me otherwise.

I think rezing Hadrian’s is going to be about as tough as casting Restructure, both need some more economy to be playable. The “safe” pick is Interns, it’s always going to be mediocre but it’s very unlikely that we will get stuck with it in our hand.

True, but given the choice between the two Restructure is the more flexible. If you somehow find a way to Restructure that opens up the possibility to do other things. If you somehow find a way to rez Hadrian’s you have one server locked down and probably no other moneys. :frowning:

we are playing a 30 card deck, 12 is more than enough, we don’t need that much more ice, we’ll get another one later in the pack, and we have another pack on top of it. i’d much rather have money than a overcosted etr.

runner side definitely going with clone chip. even if we’re light on tricks with it, it lets us be more flexible with our memory by overwriting things

I’d go 34 personally, ideally with at least 14 ice.
But yeah, voting Restructure here.

Voted for John for the runner, but if Clone Chip wins I won’t be upset either.

1 Like

I think 12 ICE could work, but not with a Paper Wall and a Pop-up Window.
Restructure is not a bad pick, but I do think it’s worse than you guys are thinking. If nothing else, why do you think it’s still in the pack?

I actually don’t think Restructure is all that good, Just that it is better than the other options,

Results of Day 21

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Restructure win with 71% of the vote.

On the runner side, Clone Chip was the top choice with 50% of the vote.

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (6+5)
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (10)
1x Paper Wall
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (5)
1x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(5+3)
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(5)
1x Clone Chip
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(7)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 6 (5 cards)

1 Private Security Force
1 Heimdall 1.0 ••
1 Data Raven ••
1 Fenris ••
1 Flare •••

http://www.instant.ly/s/2nxqS

Runner Pack 3 Pick 6 (5 cards)

1 Levy AR Lab Access •••
1 Plascrete Carapace
1 Compromised Employee
1 Leviathan ••
1 Sharpshooter

http://www.instant.ly/s/BjsTk

C: probably one of the big ice, data raven is an option as well (definitely not fenris)

R: Sharpshooter plays well with clone chip, compromised employee is pretty good though. there will be enough miscellaneous traces for both sides to come up

The corppack must have been very strong for it to look like this. Data Raven is a gift here! It’s only downfall in constructed has always been runners playing Tag-Me and in this draft we are in a strong position to punish Tag-Me.
Considering the low click efficiency in draft decks it’s almost always more expensive to go through a Data Raven than a Heimdall 1.0 and it’s only half the cost to rez. Flare is a distant third pick from those two, very expensive and the runner can often just go for the trace instead combined with very little hardware to trash.

While I really like Compromised Employee, it’s a dead draw in the later half of the game. We have already seen both Archers sail away and picking the Sharpshooter here is solid and we have the MU to support it. It also helps our last pick that we need to get additional value from.

1 Like