Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

So, now we are soon into the last pack. What’s on our list that we really want to see in pack 4?

Some cards we haven’t seen yet:
Economy - Melange, Hedge Fund, Sweeps Week, Successful Demonstration or Celebrity Gift.
ICE - Grim, Caduceus, Ice Wall, Ichi 1.0, Rototurret, Shadow or Wall of Static.
Assets - Melange, PAD Campaign or Snare!

1 Like

Either Heimdall 1.0 or Data Raven. I’d like a piece or two of larger Ice but I think we will see better than Heimdall or Flare in the last pack, something like a 2.0 or a Tollbooth. I don’t like the BP from Fenris and PSF doesn’t make sense. Data Raven helps closed Accounts and Scorched Earth, but is also really nettlesome versus the resources that people will be running.

Levy AR in a 30 card deck seems possibly useful but the events it would be recycling aren’t the kind that work well with it. Plascrete is a hate draft to help the Scorched Earth, and letting it go makes the Scorch that much less useful, similar to letting Public Sympathy go earlier. Compromised Employee is good and more passive economy would be excellent, but having an answer versus big AP like Archer or Heimdall is more important and it makes the Clone Chip and Akamatsu picks more solid.

So I’m picking Data Raven and Sharpshooter.

Data Raven has the best synergy with what we’ve drafted so far, I feel. The Carapace could become a problem, but hey, conceivably we can Shut it down :smiley:

For Runner, definitely Leviathan! So much better than all our other options!
(read: Carapace or Sharpshooter, gonna go with Carapace here because our corp deck actually needs all the help it can get, I feel)

what is this I don’t even

Data Raven as midlate game ice/ LARLA as draw engine/recovery

i got confused in my terminology.

NP, man :smile:

Thing is, Archer is a Destroyer (and gets owned by Sharpshooter) while Heimdall is AP (and gets owned by Deus X), so they can’t both be broken by the same thing. Just thought I’d point that out, is all.

The only thing so far that’s both a Destroyer and AP is Swordsman (which just makes the poor little dude suck so much more).

yes. i know, and knew. i just was temporarily confused.

Destroyers trash programs, APs deal damage.

Thinking about the selection some more, the deck has a ton of resiliency to program trashing, with Deja Vu, Test Run and Clone Chip to recur programs. Adding Sharpshooter reduces the economic impact of using that resiliency.

We can think of Sharpshooter as economy and understand the likelihood that it might even save more money than Compromised Employee can generate in absolute terms, while also keeping the pressure on the corp.

So Data Raven is a fantastic way to get a tag on someone out of nowhere, and since Scorched is on the Agenda, a nice affordable tax/Tag ICE works better than Flare (which is my very close second choice, but I feel More Big ICE isn’t the way we’ve been going.)

Carapace seems the obvious match: we want to Scorch and ignore meat damage in our two decks; it’s a Scorch-happy hate draft that also lets us survive any others out there. C’mon - who doesn’t run at least one Plascrete Carapace in their serious decks just in case of shenanigans?

2 Likes

Draft is a different world.

There are only 2 or 3 copies of each card in the cube, so there are at most 2 Scorches out there - and possibly only 1 more. It might very well be impossible for anyone to ever get double Scorched, which is what Plascrete is usually included in decks to avoid. The usual Scorch tools like Data Raven and SEA Source are also spread around. People play Plascrete in constructed because an opponent can construct a Scorch combo that no one can defend against without Plascrete. This is rather unlikely to be the case in draft.

1 Like

Results of Day 22

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Data Raven dominated with 79% of the vote.

On the runner side, SharpShooter triumphed over Plascrete and Compromised with 43% of the vote.

This brings your current drafts to look like:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (6+5)
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (11)
1x Data Raven
1x Paper Wall
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (5)
1x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(6+3)
1x Sharpshooter
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(5)
1x Clone Chip
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(7)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 7 (4 cards)

1 Posted Bounty
1 Sundew
1 Shipment from SanSan
1 Wall of Thorns

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/D4cQH

Runner Pack 3 Pick 7 (4 cards)

1 The Toolbox ••
1 Same Old Thing
1 Wyldside
1 Peacock ••

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/cisxJ

This next pick will be the last pick for pack 3, after that it will be the auto picks and then on to our last packs!

c:economy as sundew
r:double our tricks : same old thing

Posted Bounty would round out our agendas. 3 2/3s, 1 1/2, 2 3/5s plus Posted Bounty would have us at the 14 AP we need. It could also help fire Scorched Earth.

Sundew is economy but Outside of Replicating Perfection it will get trashed promptly if not protected. However, if we protect it just well enough it could be amazing Economy. We have nice efficient pieces of Ice that could make it work, and the money gained could probably eventually be used for something.

Shipment from SanSan could be useful if we play and score Efficiency Committee, but it is also basic econ.

Wall of Thorns is interesting. Ichi 2 is currently our only Ice at 5 strength or more. Wall of Thorns is no Tollbooth, which is the big 8 cost EtR Ice I really want, but it still might be a solid pick here late in the pack.

Toolbox is too expensive and we already have Spinal Modem.

Same Old Thing would let us re-use Test Run or Stimhack. Vamp will be difficult to pull off twice and Tinkering seems limited given the AI heavy breaker suite. It could also recur Deja Vu, maybe? Most likely it would be used as a second Test Run, depending on what we select in the future.

Wyldside in a 30 card deck seems more like suicide.

Peacock is weak and we already have many breakers.

Same Old Thing is a lock for me, and I’m going to give Sundew an edge over the other three corp options - all of which I think are decent enough picks. I kinda sorta really want to get cute with Efficiency Committee plus Shipment from San San to give us some fast advance power, but the potential econ over time of a guarded Sundew is too tantalizing.

1 Like

C: 3 of those cards are pretty strong, however, posted bounty works so well with what we’re trying to do that I think we have to take it.

R: same old thing is ok, the rest of the cards kinda blow

So we get our corppack back, neither Bernice Mai or Market Research made it back.
While I think Posted Bounty is OK and Sundew good in a defended server, Wall of Thorns is really strong in the draft format where there is a lot of facechecking and those two netdamage can be really devastating. It’s also another expensive ICE for Priority Requisition that we will likely play 1-2 copies of. Wall of Thorns is my pick and not that close to Sundew that would be my second pick.

The runner pack is kinda sad in comparison, Same Old Thing is another Stimhack nothing else in the pack are likely to see play in our deck. It also opens up some synergy if we get some other good event in the last pack (Shutdown, Escher, Inside Job etc).

It’s also eaten alive by whoever drafts Morningstar.

1 Like

In our deck we have very little reason to force a Morning Star install so if they install one to break that one ICE it’s done it’s job, and it’s really good against the 3-4 players that will not be running Morning Star (since there are only two copies in the cube).

4 Likes

Pretty good for a 2nd Gen. Corp pack. I’m going to agree re: Wall of Thorns: outside of Glacier decks or Jinteki: RP I’ve never had much luck keeping a Sundew up for very long, and a nasty ICE whose main counter is “um…I spend 2MU and 8 on Morningstar” is a good thing.

Shipment from SanSan is fancy, but I feel we’re not really in a position to maximize its use (waiting on a 1-of Efficiency Committee seems uncertain as a prospect). And Posted Bounty would be nice as a Scorched tag or (hey let’s dream!) an Archer fuel some day, but both are more situational, we’d rarely regret Wall of Thorns coming up.

Same Old Thing is awesome and, best of all, becomes whatever you need it to be in game. Wyldside and Peacock seem not worth mentioning in our deck; the Toolbox is a lovely console (and we have some heavy MU programs that would love it) but we can hardly afford it. Here’s hoping the meta is Trace-light for our Spinal Modem.

Results of Day 23

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Wall of Thorns was the chocie with 61% of the vote.

For the Runner pick, Same Old Thing collected 88% of the vote for the win.

The auto picks were:

This brings your current drafts to look like:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (6+5)
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (14)
1x Datapike
1x Wall of Thorns
1x Data Raven
1x Paper Wall
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
2x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (6)
1x Foxfire
1x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(6+3)
1x Sharpshooter
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(5)
1x Clone Chip
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(5+2)
1x Same Old Thing
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(7)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 4 Pick 1 (10 cards)

1 AstroScript Pilot Program
1 Sentinel Defense Program
1 Archived Memories ••
1 Power Shutdown ••
1 Punitive Counterstrike ••
1 Successful Demonstration
1 Eli 1.0
1 Pop-up Window
1 Hunter
1 Chimera

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/MetnW

Runner Pack 4 Pick 1 (10 cards)

1 Lemuria Codecracker
1 Rabbit Hole
1 Record Reconstructor
1 Crash Space ••
1 Corroder
1 Cyber-Cypher •••
1 Ninja ••
1 Gorman Drip v1
1 Scheherazade
1 Self-modifying Code •••

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/pNCpJ

This is the final pack! After this we will do deckbuilding.

ASTRO! SMC!

glad we’ve decided on these picks

EDIT: after looking at the rest of the runner pack, i can see maybe taking corroder, but i’m pretty sure smc is just better. I’m not taking a second look at corp

1 Like

Astroscript Pilot Program? You’ve got to be kidding me. Obviously yes. Wow. Perfect given the agendas selected so far.

The Runner pack is a little trickier. Corroder and Self-Modifying Code are both solid.

SMC is great for mid run installs but most of our Icebreakers aren’t. Crypsis dies without virus token, Knight needs a click to host. Darwin needs time to charge. Aurora and Pipeline and Force of Nature get huge install costs and are inefficient. On the other hand, our lone Atman is perfect for it. Sharpshooter is a good match in an Emergency. SMC also increases the value of our Stimhacks.

Corroder is one of the best breakers in Netrunner, low install cost, efficient. In every way better than Aurora. You need to play Icebreakers and Corroder is one of the best. Simple.

Self Modifying Code is my final choice, mostly because it works as a straight tutor and because we do have an Atman which will really benefit from it mid-run. It is a strong candidate to recycle with Clone Chip if given the opportunity. It is also possible that we will see other excellent mid-run Icebreakers but the Atman alone is probably sufficient, without even taking into account Sharpshooter.

Additionally, I am very very curious to see how well Gorman Drip performs in the draft environment. It could be great or mediocre and I can’t decide which is more likely.

1 Like