Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

RSVP might be too situational I think. We already have Eli and Pop-up which aren’t that good on a remote, I don’t think we should take another one. I like Ichi 2.0 better. Sure, it’s expensive, but it’s unlikely the runner will be able to run for long without installing breakers. And when they do have breakers, it’s very taxing. Red Herring as good too but is easy to trash from R&D or HQ, and I don’t know how much accesses we can expect in this format.

On the runner side, there’s not much to chose from. Test Run wins by default.

I agree with everything striatic said. I am also sad about Blue Level Clearance going away :(.

By taking RSVP we really solidify our cheap strong ice. Also it means we can maybe take economy over cheap ice in the future first/2nd/3rd picks from future packs.

Test Run is an easy pick, nothing compares to it’s versatility or power level here

@ Boojum, Ichi 2.0 is probably weaker on a scoring remote than RSVP, so I don’t think that’s a strong argument against RSVP. If RSVP is outside of an Ice it must be broken, Ichi gives options to the runner on how they would like to deal with it.

personally i think trashing a relevant breaker in draft is absolutely backbreaking, and people are less likely to play around ichi since, again, it’s a draft. it might not be constructed good but i think it’s a limited bomb, as they won’t be breaking ichi with pipeline. red herrings as merit, but i think if we take ice, we take the big one, especially since it plays well with the gear-check ice we already have

I happily gobbled up the Blue Level Clearance. :smile:

1 Like

I really don’t think it being a draft is going to make people play less around Ichi.

If anything, in a draft format you can assume that any deck could be carrying a bioroid somewhere, and running on click 1 or click 2 is a good idea anyway.

Bioroids are better when you can stack a couple of them so Ichi drops in value since that’ll be difficult to do in draft. The clicks are still a decent tax, and taking a bioroid later in draft might make more sense, but the loss of flexibility hurts it.

RSVP might be situational, but since the situation is basically “Have another piece of Ice in play”, I don’t think its “situational” nature would be a problem.

1 Like

If it helps overcome the sting, striatic, you did convince me to vote RSVP over Red Herrings.

2 Likes

Results of Day Dix

This was an interesting pick. Both Ichi 2.0 and RSVP were tied at 28% of the vote. Sailing past the ice was Red Herrings at 41% of the vote.

Test Run steamrolled the opposition on the runner side. Taking an easy win with 93% of the vote.

On to the next picks.

Corporation Pack 1 Pick 7 (4 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/wVf2A

Current Corp Cards

• 1x Red Herrings
  • 1x Pop Up Window
  • 1x Green Level Clearance
  • 1x Himitsu-Bako
  • 1x Eli 1.0
  • 1x Enigma
  • 2x Private Contracts
  • 5x Priority Requisition

Runner Pack 1 Pick 6 (5 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:

http://www.instant.ly/s/sLdaP

Current Runner Cards

• 1x Test Run
  • 1x Atman
  • 1x Spinal Modem
  • 1x Magnum Opus
  • 1x R&D Interface
  • 2x Armitage Codebusting
  • *1x Aurora *
  • 1x Pipeline
  • 1x Force of Nature

EDIT: Realized I have been linking to the cards incorrectly. Every image link should now go to the appropriate card. :wink:

1 Like

I’m curious at what point snoop was taken.

I voted power shutdown. I thought it was a decent pick earlier, I think it’s a decent pick here.

On the runner side, these cards aren’t really exciting. Pheromones and Sahasrara are decent to good economy cards based on what comes to us in the future but taking memory is a problem.

Tinkering is my vote as it can be used as a trick or as an economy card(if one of our breakers is really bad compared to another). It’s not the most exciting card ever.

runner side is nothing exciting, maybe tinkering so we don’t get hit with it (another trick wouldn’t be bad anyway)

corp side, power shutdown is really strong, but also a gigantic risk. I almost want to take the rex campaign as we have almost no econ, sea source is an option but we’ve already passed a bunch of tag punishment, and it’s not great outside of the combo

Power Shutdown and Satellite Uplink.

Power Shutdown to try to trash breakers, Satellite Uplink to avoid losing breakers.

Power shutdown. Rest of cards needs some support. This one is great by itself.

Tinkering. I’m almost certain that early scoring is a thing in draft format. This one will help vs this.

1 Like

Isabel McGuire! Think about the flexibility she will add to our defense. We could redeploy ICE to face new threats. We could… Sorry, I can’t keep a straight face–Isabel is not good even in draft.

Power Shutdown or Rex–going with Power Shutdown.
Satellite Uplink or Tinkering–most likely Satellite Uplink.

@Sneaky Sly–sorry. I should have let you know about the linking issue earlier.

Power Shutdown and Tinkering. And yeah, giving up Blue Level Clearance was a pretty clear error IMO.

I agree re: BLC. Oh well.

I like Shutdown, and would take SU as the Runner. Expose is more valuable in draft I think, not knowing how many duplicate breakers you have or can afford to lose in traps, and it helps in not throwing money away due to the lack of reliable econ.

Our deck seems more speedy/slight thus far; I’ve had mixed results with BLC if I’m not building around it; Pop-Up Window is usually a good little trickle. Still think we made the right call there.

Power Shutdown seems like the best of a middling line-up here; SEA source still has no specific purpose in the deck relative to “Hey you, blow up that Faerie.” (Best case scenario, but still.)

And Tinkering is hard to beat in a thrown together deck; total certainty you can crack any one ICE in a 6-point game, alright alright alright.

Why no love for the SEA Source?
Sure it’s a bit situational but Power Shutdown is a huge gamble with 30-card decks and 3-point agendas.

I expect next pack to be Data Mine, Simone Diego and Midori where all are pretty much unplayable but after that we will likely get Closed Accounts and Data Hound. Final pick is probably Rex Campaign.

1 Like

I’ve come around on Tinkering over SU. I think it’s the right play.

blue level is good specifically in fast decks. decks that can afford to play 2-3 cards a turn enjoy card draw

anyway, the milk has already been spilled and I told myself I wouldn’t cry anymore. next pack we need to high pick economy badly. econ and agendas

1 Like

I’m going to go with the crowd and vote for Power Shutdown here. We have some decent ETR ice right now, and it’s unlikely the runner will have much recursion or multiple of good breakers.

On the runner side, Tinkering seams like a neat trick. Almost as good as an inside job if you have a decent breaker installed, and sniping an 3-point agenda is going to be a big deal.

I’m actually voting for Rex Campaign here :). Sahasrara and Tinkering seem like the best of a dwindling lot on the other side.