Competitive Kit Discussion

Well the problem I found with Spooned is that unless you’re running Same Old Thing, it’s 1 use per copy and you can’t tutor for it. So if you’re planning to trash ice with Spooned, you’ll need 2+ copies and I could never afford the influence for it. Parasite can be reused with clone chips and since I was going to add clone chips anyway to recur clot, it makes more sense than Spooned. I don’t think you can beat NEH fast advance without Clot/Clone Chips and I still play against enough NEH that I need to consider that matchup.

Well, obviously you run Same Old Thing. And 2x Spooned. And 1x or 2x Escher (…get out of my way Architect)!, which is almost like another Spooned.

You also can’t tutor for Lockpick or Ghost Runner - Stealth decks are inherently about drawing into shit you can’t tutor. You can do a lot of work with 2 copies of a punishing run event (I should know, I won a Store Champ with 2x Wanton out of Kit).

Try a couple Indexing (“but but Stealth Kit wants to run once a turn! Maker’s Eye is better!” - no it isn’t, just play 3 Ghost Runner and maybe a Tinkering if you’re so scared of not being able to get in twice in a turn). Indexing is the card that beats NEH and their excuse for an ice suite. Inti also helps here. I would say that if you think you need Clone Chip & Clot to beat NEH you should just play a different kind of Kit deck (which isn’t a slight on your playing ability, I just don’t think Stealth is the best thing to play against NEH).

I have been experimenting with a Janky Deck that I am trying to smooth out and make it more competitive… Here is the current version:

Kit Exchange Student 1.6

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (10)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (13)
1x Autoscripter (Up and Over) •••
1x Box-E (First Contact)
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow) ••
3x LLDS Processor (True Colors)
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
1x Replicator (Humanity’s Shadow)

Resource (15)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)
2x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
3x London Library (Breaker Bay)
3x Tyson Observatory (Breaker Bay)
1x Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••
3x Refractor (First Contact)

Program (1)
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set)

10 influence spent (max 10)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Some Notes:

1. A single Replicator makes Tyson Observatory way more efficient. Now you only have to call a card once and then Replicator will fetch the rest. A singleton allows you to control the pace of cards in hand.

2. Since you are using Femme and/or Lady with London Library you need to have a little more space in your hand so Box-E to the rescue. It also give you 2 MU which allows you to have MO, Refactor, and one other breaker and still have Data Folding function.

3. If you want a more resilient breaker suite you could sub in a single Snowball for one of the “Ladies” but the main advantage is being able to use the power counters forever and take advantage of the LLDS Processors.

Gonna stress test this version tonight and see if I can improve my performance. A previous version started to crap out for me when the surprise factor wore off.

I’m curious what people think is the ideal package for barriers in non-stealth? I’m trying lady right now. Are people still running Inti, Snowball? NEH requires that fracter be out pretty quick for wrap around and I’m not sure if Lady is the right call or not.

I’ve been running two lady, but have been thinking one lady one inti for neh, grail, and next HB. Anyone who has tested this have thoughts?

Snowball seems clearly wrong when Lady exists.

Edit: you specified non-stealth, which I can’t speak to specifically but I don’t think running stealth changes the answer much.

I also want to go 1 inti, 1 lady, but I’m worried about just hitting eli on the inside of a server and no Lady / SMC in sight. Seems to me like one of each is the correct play, I’m just not man enough to do it.

Indexing is pretty bad against NEH FA though. R&D is always going to be their most defended server and you’ll need to run it twice in one turn for a single agenda. It’s worth it if you snag an astroscript but probably not for another agenda. I play NEH as my main corp deck and I’m perfectly willing to give up an agenda or two from R&D if it puts the runner behind in tempo and I can score out the rest of my agendas. You also need to make sure that they don’t have a facedown jackson on the table which is inconvenient sometimes.

Clot turns an autoloss against fast advance into roughly an even game which is the best I think you can do with Kit. PPVP Kate can win against FA without clot with a little bit of luck but Kit, stealth or not, needs the help to put up a fight. Of course, if I knew I was playing against nothing but FA, I’d play Whizzard or Kate instead of Kit in the first place.

I also ran Wanton over Legwork specifically to attack Biotic Labors and Fast Tracks and punish an underdefended HQ, so the “R&D is the most defended server” thing worked a little bit to my advantage.

But I was never all that happy with its NEH matchup; I think I worn store champs mostly on the basis of a lot of people playing Weyland in the wake of O & C and Stealth Kit + Wanton being ridiculously good against both of those things.

Wanton is certainly good way to punish NEH (and a good card in general). I just wish it didn’t cost 4 influence.

This thread is making me want to break out my Kit deck again. I abandoned her after a disastrous store championship when O&C came out (went 0-7 with her against a field that was 75% fast advance) in favor of PPVP Kate. PPVP Kate is still probably better but Kit has style

Yeah, man, I’m a fucking Hipster. I just keep coming back to Kit.

But whatever SUCK ON THIS KATE I BREAK SUSANO-O FOR RECURRING CREDITS

3 Likes

I’ve been running this lately with a lot of success. It was a bit different when I went to Regionals, but lots of games against FA decks showed me that they were still sufficiently common that I shouldn’t have pulled Clot for the 3rd Lucky Find. With a solid event economy and recurring credits to pay for them, Comet is worth its weight in gold.

I had a Blue Sun game at regionals where I blew threw 2 EARLY OAI’d Curtain Walls. Turn 1 Lucky Find -> Cyber-Cypher makes them sad.

Prepaid Peddler

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman

Event (20)
3x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access
2x Lucky Find ••••
2x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
2x Test Run
2x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip
2x Comet
3x Prepaid VoicePAD

Resource (8)
2x Kati Jones
3x Professional Contacts
3x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (7)
2x Atman
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Mimic •
1x Sharpshooter
1x Torch

Program (4)
1x Clot ••
3x Self-modifying Code

10 influence spent (max 10)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

1 Like

I played an almost exact copy of this in Store Champs season. The deck was great and due to Kit’s ability a lot more fun to play than Kate. Can’t see the reason for including the Torch though. Yeah, you play Test Run / Scavenge, but just going with 3 Cy-Cys give you a lot more pressuring ability and flexibility. Maybe Blacklist changes this, but being locked out with Kit is very hard.

Great list nontheless!

1 Like

Early maybe, but installing all of them (say, for RnD, HQ remote?) is more money, memory and clicks than installing Torch is. I thought the notion was to have CyCy as a SMC target and build up to getting torch out.

3 Likes

Very cool list. Did you ever find yourself wanting sucker support, or having trouble finding a code gate breaker early enough?

Why do people discount spooned? I had a brief week or two (my attention span for runner decks) where this list was peeling faces off:

Rielle “Kit” Peddler Transhuman
10 influence spent (max 10) ••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay
Event Event (13)

2x Career Fair ••
3x Diesel
2x Scavenge
2x Spooned ••••• •
3x Sure Gamble
1x Tinkering
Hardware Hardware (8)

2x Akamatsu Mem Chip
2x Astrolabe
1x Clone Chip
3x R&D Interface
Resource Resource (13)

3x Daily Casts
3x Ghost Runner
3x Professional Contacts
3x Same Old Thing
1x Woman in the Red Dress
Icebreaker Icebreaker (5)

2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Refractor
1x Switchblade ••
Program Program (6)

3x Cloak
3x Self-modifying Code

Slower decks mostly, it has issues with NEH, which lead me to consider medium over spooned, but then the other matchups suffered some.

Eventually once switchblade is set up, you can ignore using spooned on all sentries, code gates are barely an issue, and with a glut of ladies, barriers are a non issue, whatever order you draw your breakers in, tinkering/spooned + SoT handles the rest.

I like spooned, I ran two from o&c release until shortly before regionals. Ultimately the extra influence cost, combined with difficulty in picking a target, put me off it.

Did you not find yourself missing lockpicks?

Less ice to break, you can lean on cloak more, ghost runner in a pinch. If anything I found myself using too many ghosts on switchblade, if I went overboard trashing ice with spooned, eventually I ran dry on stealth for switch. I don’t think I used a whole lot of ghost for refractor, since you can lean back on CyCy as needed. I could see adding it though, sure.

Wanting Sucker support? Obviously. Wanting it more than the 2nd Lucky Find? Definitely not. This list is about making clutch runs and running for virus counters hurts. I tried running Nerve Agent for HQ pressure over Legwork and all it did was make purging way better in my already-bad FA matchups. I don’t think any other viruses fit when you’re as able as Kit is to get in with money.

chakana! time walk every third or so turn!

RE: chakana, I actually did that pre-clot and loved it.

Anyone tried a singleton scrubber? I’m considering it, as stealth has trouble generating enough econ to trash all necessary assets.