Competitive Kit Discussion

Seamus’ article has gone up over on Netrunners.Co.UK

http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/kit%20-%20a%20retrospective.html

10 Likes

Because it’s three influence, non-tutorable, and difficult to target worthwhile ice with. People already want to install cheap ice as the outermost against Kit, so that’s what you’re going to be Spooning most of the time. Architect also throws a wrench into Spooning plans. And finally, recurring them with SOTs is a huge time-sink.

While derezzing isn’t quite as good as trashing, I’d much rather play Crescentus than Spooned.

3 Likes

Been running this lately. I like it a lot more than pro Co only because of set up time. NEH fastro biotics scores while we’re still setting up.

Really enjoying the indexing as well as the makers eye instead of the 3rd rdi. Still could be tuned

1 Like

I like it. Looks like you could make use of a Same Old Thing in there. Maybe drop a Lockpick? 7 sources of stealth creds is usually plenty, especially when you’re not running switchblade.

1 Like

Do you guys think film critic is worth a slot?

It seems like it would help our matchups against both RP and Butchershop, especially butchershop as we are never going to out economy the corp like Kate can. Problem for me is that, I’m running into difficulties trying to find space for it. I can’t find anything I want to cut and its deck slots rather than influence that’s keeping me down.

My deck http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/23932/stealth-kit-v0-4

I want to include Legwork/Utopia Shard/Film Critic and so I’m thinking about
-3 Lucky Find
-1 Escher
+1 Film Critic
+1 Utopia Shard
+2 Legwork

It seems like your teching heavily for a fast game (+ legworks & utopia, and the clot you already have). However, this change techs ineffectively against assets. Removing that much money is going to make it difficult to trash assets. Thus, you’ll go faster, but so will the corp. It isn’t clear this is the decision you want to make.

You ask one question (how to slot film critic), and then propose changes that do that and something else, which you don’t motivate.

In answer to your stated question, if you’re dying to butchershop or RP (likely), then either -1 Ghost runner , or -1 Escher, +1 Film critic seems reasonable. If you want it to be quite a bit more consistent, then -1 GR and -1 Escher will give you two. I’d say your tournament meta had better have a lot of RP and NBNkill to justify a 2-of.

1 Like

Reasonable points, my changes are motivated by two separate desires, to improve the matchup against RP/Butcher and to add some HQ pressure to a deck that is mostly lacking it. They’re somewhat related as more HQ pressure never hurt but I haven’t tested yet to see how poor the deck feels with the removal of lucky finds.

I could see -1 LF, +1 Legwork, or -1LF, +1 Utopia and +1 stimhack (to maintain HQ pressure, but also maintain econ), but dropping all of your LF will likely hurt your RP/astro match-up as you’ll let them run away with asset econ.

Happy testing!

If you’re running Film Critic, you can probably drop to 1 plascrete to make room. Also, you probably don’t need 3 each of GR, lockpick, and cloak. I’d say you could drop one each of lockpick and cloak and be fine, if necessary to make room for other stuff.

Looks like Kit has pulled in a store champ win. Looks to me to be pretty similar to the Seamus version from Regionals/Nationals in the UK?

EDIT: It looks similar because it’s the same, there’s a name check in the deck list :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As if Seamus needed more positive reinforcement :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t even know you knew him!

Initial testing of film critic against RP seems positive. In 5 test games, it was used to snag TFP in 2 of them (not drawn in 2 games, not activated in 1 game). Grabbing a future perfect is really critical against RP as it lets you win with 3 agendas instead of the normal 4.

Removing the Lucky Finds for Legworks was a horrible idea and I added them right back in. I never really wanted to fire the legwork and lucky finds kept me rolling in the money.

Going to test against Butchershop next.

I don’t even think HQ multi-access is that critical out of Stealth. In the early game, I just use whatever recurring credits I have handy to either a) aggressively contest remotes, or b) run HQ for single accesses. I seem to snag, like, 4-6 points a game this way against NBN. Single accesses are a lot better when partly or wholly subsidized by recurring credits.

2 Likes

Any access is better when partly or wholly subsidized by recurring credits, which is the bonus of HQ multi-access. Even a single legwork will let you aggressively contest remotes and R&D, and after the points build up in HQ while the corp hunts for a scoring window, you burst in for what’s likely a two-agenda grab. That or if you love the constant pressure, an HQI slots in nicely.

HQ choke could be a decent archetype once Fisk rolls around, so seeing how some of his (hopefully neutral, FFG pls) tools slot into an HQ-centric Kit could be fun.

2 Likes

Having tried Mopus, regular, and stealth as credit choices, I’m still finding that I prefer stealth the most only because of how refractor is really solid when you compare it to IQ, Turing, Tollbooth, Enigma, etc. It really does get in pretty cheap.

Has anyone had any revolution or idea or interesting deck that is proving to be competitive?

I’m on this right now:

Stealth Kit

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (10)

Hardware (9)

Resource (12)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (9)

Been playing it on jinteki.net and locally, only dropped one game to PE (as expected; the matchup kind of demands a Net Shield). Ran into a couple Astrobiotics and Butchershop, narrowly scraping wins.

Trashing assets is tough when so many of your econ slots are restricted to breaking ice, so in went Paricia. I’ve been SMCing for it as soon as it’s relevant and generally use it on 4-10 Asset trashes / game. It’s particularly nice to be able to snipe Jackson out of centrals, because that makes your Legworks tastier when you hit them.

Cloak makes MU tight enough that Parasucker is hard to swing, so it’s Crescentus for big ice (specifically Tollbooth), Parasite for little ice.

Clot is Clot.

Utopia Shard does a ton of things (more on that below); one of the best 1-inf cards in the game.

Early on, contest remotes and economy assets aggressively, and take what you’re given on centrals. Jackson is trash-on-sight, as is DBS (see why I like Paricia?). You’ll generally shake about 4 points out of the tree this way. Once things get a little more iced up, start installing more breakers, maybe drop RDI.

You’ll probably get the last couple points off of Indexing (if they defend centrals mostly evenly), or Woman in the Red Dress into Utopia Shard and/or Legwork (if they just pile ice onto R&D). Ghost Runner is pretty key to these plays, which is why it’s 3-of and the other Stealth pieces are two-of.

Try it out, it’s fun.

2 Likes

Just to break the mold, I’m revisiting a deck that people used to run dinosaurus in. I haven’t tested this yet and this isn’t the final version, more a shell.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/310564

1 Like

NRE Yog is a lot of fun in Kit - but I ended up sneaking a 1-of Dinosaurus back into the deck to Scavenge the yog onto whenever I happen to draw it…then I slowly descended the slippery slope back into full Yogosaurus+NRE madness :sob:

2 Likes

Astrolabe is too good to pass up. NRE is fine as is. Dinosaurus isn’t necessary at all I don’t think as it’s expensive and we have to include scavenge as a 2 part combo to play it. I’d rather just run datasucker personally.

The real question is whether NRE yog is better than stealth. It very well could be with how efficient yog is. Plus we get to slot in atman to further assist any problems we would have.

Atman 10 against blue sun #gg