Cracking the Genome

I don’t think the deck is good. Haven’t give it any spins lately. Deck is too trolly even for me.

1 Like

I’d love to see updates from some of the other ideas. I like the deck, just needs some tweaks to figure out how to really threaten scoring. It seems like the kill is its only angle effectively.

1 Like

Perhaps, instead of GRNDL Refinery, Reversed Accounts? It’s even more of a pain in the ass to trash in Genomics, barring Imp, and could open a scoring window for you by nuking their bank account.

Still testing various directions but I kinda like Gagarin more for horizontal play.

re: Reversed Accounts instead of GRNDL Refinery: I second that (e)motion.

It’s less influence (fewer influence since its discrete/countable? ugh grammar), has higher base trash cost, and exacerbates the ID’s ability.

Trying a trap variant with some Shell Corporation for econ along these lines.

Do these decks want Shi Kyu in archives? Shock and Snare seem like natural includes but I don’t have room for 9 ambushes…

Still feels like a hot mess without an elegant, economical way to get facedown cards in Archives (Subliminal comes close I guess?). I have hopes that IG will get its own solution along these lines somewhere down the road (like Sundew in RP), but until then everything is a sideshow. Fun to tinker with, still.

I could see dropping Kyu’s down to 2 to drop in two reversed accounts. Replaces that GRNDL. Now does this deck just build up an expensive server and threats with Ronins or Reversed to open up a window? Perhaps the Red Herrings or Caprice would help?

I’m digging this ID a lot. Just gotta find the rug that really ties the room together.

How about a Thousand Cuts deck with Chairman Hiro / Self-Destruct? The idea being to rez Hiro and flatline with Ronin + Neural EMP. I’m too lazy to build the deck, since I wouldn’t be able to play it for about a month anyway, but it seems like not the worst idea ever. Self-Destruct should have some general utility in IG, since it lets you dump facedown cards into Archives, and you’re already (probably?) protecting Archives.

Crick would be really nice here.

EDIT: Okay, here’s a deck. Probably not taking enough advantage of the ID, but eh.

The Self-Destructing Chairman

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (9)

Asset (14)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (3)

• 3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

• 3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
  • 2x Pup (Honor and Profit)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

1 Like

IMO this will be a very competitive ID right out of the gate, if piloted properly (and built properly). verdict is still out on what building IG properly definitively means, but if I do take on the mantle of IG, I will definitely be starting with one of @Chris_Pedersen’s builds. you guys thought RP was brutal …

Best use of the ability is probably making sansans extremely annoying to get rid of. 3 face down in archives make sansan an extremely awkward 8 to trash, and then put in shocks and shi kyus to make hitting archives annoying. Might be the go-to jinteki FA ID, at least until the 4 counter one comes out.

2 Likes

If you want to up the Jank Factor, you can put in a diagnostics combo. You need Hiro and Jackson on the table. Rez Hiro to force the runner to discard down to 3, then Shutdown, Diagnostics for Interns(Jackson), Archived Memories(Diagnostics#2) and Neural EMP, then Diagnostics for a triple EMP.

2 Likes

hadn’t really considered this, but wow. in the faction with med breakthru, philotic, clone retirement, brain trust… could be solid! might we see fast track in jinteki? (apologies if it’s been done already)

Didn’t like Power Shutdown as much as I thought I would.

This is a different version which is upgrade-heavy and only has Jackson as the lone asset. The plan is to make all centrals ‘taxing’ and use redundant draws+Subliminal to refresh ability. (but this requires a minimum of remotes) Even with 3 Will O Wisp & Caprice I don’t think it has a definite lategame scoring strategy. If you snipe a Fracter or some other breaker with Will O Wisp then you might have a window to pull back a Himitsu Bako (or play Quandary) but that feels silly to count on, because the big bads have tutors to spare each (Self-Programming & Special Order). Also, Inside Job.

Econ and draw are there in spades, though. I justify the econ excess because the Snares & Will O Wisps need it.
unsolicited revised decklist:

Gross Anatomy v3

Agenda (8)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Upgrade (7)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Hokusai Grid (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Will-o’-the-Wisp (The Spaces Between)

Operation (8)
3x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing) ••••• •
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (4)
1x Lotus Field (Upstalk)
3x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (8)
3x Errand Boy (The Source) •••
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
2x Pup (Honor and Profit)

Making a backbreaking SanSan makes sense. Using Hiro works, too. I don’t think there’s a definitive strategy with this ID, which will lend it some power early on.

My next build will focus on FA. I do like the combo deck, though. Should be able to stay alive long enough to fire it.

There we go . . . now we are back in it. The FA version seems good. Seems this ID actually has variety in what it can do.

Could Excaliber work in IG? Put it over archives and the runner can’t flip cards and trash remotes in the same turn. On your turn afterwards you can (hopefully) add one or two more facedowns.

The problem is the shard that forces discard from Hq…

I have made no less than 9 variants on this deck, including a hiro deck, and a director haas variant.

IG and EBC/Jackson lets you create interesting options for any 1-off asset - whether its
Haas Arcology, San San, etc.

3 Likes

erin: I’ve tried … Hudson (shiro|yagura|kitsune) as a way of preventing archives access.

But its a lot of effort to set up - and in the end I prefer just to stock with shock / shi.

Out of your variants which ones have you seen the most potential with, and what types of runners have you played them against?

1 Like

Shit, I had a build with both Haas AND Hiro!

3 Likes

I’ve played against every runner id so far, with the exception of tenma. Shaper has the best matchup, IMO. The ability to recur feedback filter or deus is strong.

So far, none of the other decks do as well as just a straight 3xnapd, 3xfetal 3xtfp…

3 Likes