Cracking the Genome

No 1 Philotic in a damage build?

Runners are only getting around 1 agenda on average. Sometimes 0, sometimes 2. agenda doesn’t defend itself.

1 Like

Was messing around with this over the weekend and it worked great. Would love to hear your guys thoughts:

Arcology Genomics 0.1

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (11)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
2x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)

Asset (17)
2x Haas Arcology AI (Creation and Control)[color=#8A2BE2] ••••• •••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
2x Shock! (True Colors)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
2x Turtlebacks (The Source)

Upgrade (2)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (5)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set)[color=#8A2BE2] ••••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (2)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]

Sentry (8)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
2x Swordsman (Second Thoughts)
3x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Arcology AI is cute since you mitigate its fragility, but you could have lots of fun coupling it with Mushin No Shin.

3 Likes

Very true, never thought of that. Might be worth a Turtlebacks/Pad/Clinic to get em in. Suggestions on cutting for em? I found the asset money to be pretty crucial to making this thing work.

Are there any OCTGN videos etc. of this deck in play? I’m struggling to wrap my head around how to play it.

I haven’t got any. I may be one of the few people here who never plays on Octgn.

But generally speaking it starts out Glacier then moves to fast advance. Get out econ, ice up centrals, use Jackson to overdraw to support your ability and cycle agenda’s back into the deck. Then once you are looking at a Caprice on archives, 2 or 3 ice and 5 or 6 face down cards you can install, double advance the arcology and then score from hand using it. Between Caprice and Ice, you will usually get 2 - 3 uses of the arcology and that’s almost game. Then clone retirement for the win if you haven’t done so already.

If the runner is hell bent on trashing the Arcology, you can just recur them back with memories and do it again. He’ll spend a huge amount doing so, which gives you a normal scoring server window too.

2 Likes

Why do you use archived memories over interns?
Is the hidden information more important than the 4 influence?

4 Likes

Another card I hadn’t even thought about. Definitely worth testing and the extra influence can definitely be used. I had originally moved towards archived memories because it has some good synergies with other cards too. Returning Snare’s to hand etc.

Do you find Snare necessary? Need to keep R&D digs in check?

At the moment, I think they’re useful in R&D, but wonderful in HQ. Having 2 in hand with a high trash cost makes HQ a sad server to run.

Yeah I love to Kitsune a Snare on an HQ run, asking if they want to pay 7-15 to trash, and then putting it back in my hand smiling.

if you’re getting 7 cards facedown in archives you’re playing bad runners! Pedersen build hums along great with just 3 or 4, and once subliminal starts rolling it doesn’t really matter if Runner can afford the clicks cards and creds to check Archives every turn. even if they do, they won’t have enough to trash anything at default cost

3 Likes

Eventually they get tired of repeatedly slamming shocks and Kyus. Yeah, usually it stays in the 4-7 range.

I think as runner you definitely need to keep archives checked enough to afford to trash Snares. it’s almost always a losing game to attempt to trash econ assets, but you have to get accesses to win, and Snare is not only not an agenda, but it is a 4 click tax, 3 if you wanna float the tag. if you’re giving it back to the Corp, it’s going to be tough to win.

Some comments on the deck

1. I love dropping Future Perfects in archives. Even after you pop a jackson, most runners will not return for another shot, for 3 net and a shi.

2. After awhile you start to getting a hang on what ice goes where. Except vs criminal, my priority is usually to cover r & d. I will drop a pup or a chimera on archives. Next priority is usually to setup a scoring remote.

3. I make a lot of use out of chum. Recently I’ve been playing with Port Hanson, Shattered Remains and Taurus, just to attempt to address Shaper madness. Port Hanson is lovely with chum.

I’ve also been playing with power shutdown and midori …

1 Like

is port hanson a nick name? isn’t it port Anson?

in before spags with hanson pic

1 Like

So many random cards can be thrown into this ID and oddly enough work. Trick is seeing the ones that have real teeth.

Yeah… I just have a deck called MBoP…

1 Like

Had a fun game last night where the runner was just like “are you even gonna try to score agendas?”

Then at the end of his turn I rezzed Hiro, Click Ronin, then Neural.

I’m really enjoying this ID.

4 Likes