Data & Destiny Spoilers

Someone on Reddit brought up the fact that, because Sunny’s breakers don’t take up memory, you have plenty of memory left over for triple suckers which makes this Breaker definitely playable at no influence.

6 Likes

Anarch does as well, and they have Yog already…

But anarch breakers are fixed strength and cost memory, Sunny’s aren’t so they still have utility in any scenario and let you play more datasuckers without needing a console. Which is better remains to be seen…

2 Likes

And Data Folding, if the mandatory 3x Underworld Contacts aren’t enough! (with a console ofc)

This card is still inferior to Zu in most cases.

1 Like

Sure, so it won’t get splashed, but I could still see it being solid enough in Sunny.

1 Like

It’s highly likely Sunny will have some interesting Cloud breaker buffs. Will that be her main thing? I guess we’ll see. Also, what is the icon to the right of the title area on it? Looks like an icon of the illustration.

1 Like

I think that’s Sunny’s faction symbol.

Yeah, this was my guess too. It seems way too weak to exist on its own, and buffs to cloud breakers seems like a good way to build around her two link.

1 Like

Also spoiled in that picture was the info that Data & Destiny is scheduled for 3rd Quarter 2015. That’s pretty damn soon!

That said, who knows how accurate that is.

1 Like

It’s an in-faction pumpable use-anywhere breaker with reasonable enough numbers. This lets her spend influence on other cool tricks. We’ll see what else she gets! She’s the one I was most intrigued by on the initial spoil.

Also not spending any MU on her breakers might let her play all those utility programs people can never fit in their decks. Sneakdoor and Keyhole at the same time.

2 Likes

I think it’s just not quite at playable without support. 1 more strength gives it a huge boost IMO. Right now it breaks enigma for 4, tollbooth for 6+3. These both are super common and really bad ratios. 4 to install is also a lot vs zu. Makes me scared for her unless she’s getting some really good tricks.

Yeah, I’d definitely play some Suckers.

Suckers and NRE are going to exist in her deck, i think.

I expect it to be out shortly before worlds; but there is usually a delay.

Much as I appreciate spoilers, this is one reason why I miss spoiler-ken and snow-jax, because they set things up and gave other info.

But yeah, this looks pretty mediocre in a vaccuum. But it won’t be in a vaccuum. And Sunny’ll have more than enough ways to be plenty rich – as mentioned earlier, UWC + Data Folding is not out of the question, which has high set-up costs but, if they turn on early and then can stay on forever, become much better. More realistically, UWC by itself will be netting her significant cash over time, since it’s so easy for her to play it turn one, click one.

Aaand yeah, it’s also easy for her to import other tools. Anarch can also have those tools, yes, but presumably Sunny’s breakers are not the main reason to play her. But yeah, justifying this vs Zu is going to be a bit of a trick with so much influence to spare, so I hope we see what else there is to make it tick.

But I’d honestly expect there to be a flood of high-strength and.or high-sub code gates coming, too. We’ve seen more and more stuff like that over time.

Special Offer, though, I’m really interested in. Even aside from the Spark Agency, I can see lots of NBN decks (and, depending on influence, other decks) wanting it. It’s the Ice version of Hedge Fund, though putting it too far in front nullifies most of the benefit. Might be decentish archives protection?

But in most two-three ice servers, it seems pretty handy. In front? Great, gives you the cash to rez the next piece of ice (Pop-Up into Special Offer into Little Engine to go from 0 to two ice and a probable ETR to protect vs Vamp). At the bottom? Helps boost your ash trace or set up for punishment next turn, or just recoup costs of the rezzed ice earlier in the run so you can advance something out elsewhere.

Punishes face-checking in a way tags don’t, boosts economy, and all face-down ice have some advantages. So long as it can’t be instant-parasited without datasuckers I’ll be happy to squeeze a couple into a variety of decks.

Spark Agency looks about as “not likely to be the best” as rumored, though. Even if the other ID isn’t the “never don’t have a current, and also here’s a ridiculous current” one, the effect seems… marginal without a lot of recursion. Even then.

Without spending influence, they’ll have (that we know about) two ice, two assets, and one upgrade. Launch Campaign seems like a thoroughly unremarkable card, and annoying to try and include. Pad Campaign is a bit better. Both those benefit you for rezzing earlier than normal, though, because of the ID, depending on the situation that might be to your detriment, I dunno.

Pop-Up and Special Offer are both great, but that’s 6 cards, 3 of which trash themselves (though that makes recursion via Architect or something simpler).

Product Placement seems pretty legitimately good, and turning it into a drain on rez as well as a trap is delightful.

3 Adonis is 6 influence, as is 2 Eve. That’d be 12 influence to add 5 more triggers.

Assuming you do all this, you get 20 cards, of which all but 8 are 3c or less to trash (though at least 3 pay out in some way even when trashed). But then you only have 3 influence left for anything to do with all the money, and everything seems kinda terrible.

There’s potential for fun, and it’s neat to see more Corp-side control options coming, but I don’t foresee Spark being top of the charts, whether they start the fire or not. Besides, that’s more NEH and Weyland’s thing.

I think there might be some fun shenanigans to do against pre-paid Kate.

Like dropping her just below smc-> clot money before fast advance?

2 Likes

Or say the classic Kate opening - Voicepad into sure gamble - Rez a Pad between the two.

4 Likes

I think Spark might be pretty disruptive in the early game but is going to need enough 1- and 0-cost asset/upgrades to reliably fire at least 2 off on the first turn so the runner has to spend their whole turn on that Sure Gamble. Ice based adverts will be nice but can’t be relied on.

Out of Spark turn one install Product Placement in the root of HQ or R&D (or into a remote with another card) then rez is going to be a better deterrent than any ice :smile:

2 Likes