Data & Destiny Spoilers

Is that Ed’s Hammer? o_O

Is that Ed’s blood? :o

5 Likes

I doubt it’s Ed’s blood, but most assuredly it is Bertha, but if not, Adam is copying Kim in some way, maybe inspired by him in some way. They’d make a kick ass pair against HB >: )

I’d assume the blood is of some creator or programmer, and he’s killed them before they could reintegrate him or reinstate the directives.

Security Nexus is probably awful, right?

Technical Writer looks alright in Geist, but I’m nervous about resources I can’t cash in almost immediately.

Employee Strike looks pretty good.

I think all the runners look somewhat lacking. I guess 25 influence is a bunch. I want to give all the new runners a shot. Apex looks fun to try to figure out. I guess these 3 will get 1 card per cycle from now on?

well, I don’t see any way to fight surveillance sweep or employee strike for a handful of corps (get it, CI? handful!) without just playing another current to kill it, thus, forcing everyone to pack whatever shirty influence free current they can find

5 Likes

Why why why kick CI while its down ;-(

2 Likes

Multithreader and Sahasrara hosted on a Leprechaun.

Also, did we ever see all of the Runner ID abilities? We know Sunny, but I can’t recall if Adam and Apex’s abilities were spoiled…

2 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic about Security Nexus… It’s relatively easy to add 4 or so to your link, plus this gives you 1 PLUS Sunny starts with 2. So, likely the corp will have to be paying into this trace to do anything. And, if it’s a nasty ice you’re hitting (Archer?), note that if the corp wins you end the run rather than suffer the effects; as soon as you use this, you’re immune to the ice. Just don’t RLC and you can clear the tag.

It costs less than Femme for a Femme token you can move around (in the right deck). Keep jumping past that Tollbooth keeping you out of RnD!

1 Like

Are there only three Directives? Or are there choices? Are these all of Adam’s cards?

Also, Reality Threedee is a creepy card…

2 Likes

I wonder how well Geist could use it with things like decoy/crash space to avoid the eventual tag and power tap plus more link for his cloud breakers.

Looking at it, I’m concerned Apex is overpowered. It all depends on how fast he can place cards on the table (it looks like that will be REALLY Fast) but if he can reliably fire off Apocalypse by the mid-game, he’ll be hard to beat.

1 Like

I guess you’re right. It’s just a very large investment to add that much to your link. I guess 2 net creds to pass obnoxious ICE is a pretty good deal, and if you’re after a bunch of link for some other plan. I still haven’t quite figured out the reason for a bunch of link yet though. 2 switches on UWC and Cloud. It seems rubbish to invest heavily in link after the second.

If you’re running really link heavy (I mean, we’re talking 5 or 6 link?) then many traces are just going to bounce straight off you. At that point, power tap becomes a straight money card; depending, of course, on how often you are hit by traces. Like Whizzard, it’s an efficient economy depending very much on the circumstances.

Yeah, both to install and to use.

But with so much memory and a good starting link… she’s the first runner than can conceivably run UWC and Data Folding and not have it be a colossal mistake.

I imagine she’ll want the Supplier for more repeatable Career Fair Lite savings, too, but that still leaves her plenty of influence. Toss in… I dunno, Rabbit Hole, Clone Chips, Datasucker, and Parasite? RH gets her to 5-6 link quickly, making Security Nexus’ massive trace less of an issue, Parasucker are always good but with the amount of free MUs she’ll have they become even better – and even moreso again with the price of her breakers both to install and to use.

ZU is probably worth it over her code gate breaker unless the new NBN code gates are strengthed juuust right (wrong?). But already that puts her at the influence level of running short. Wow. And here I was just thinking about how Deja Vu to recur Security Chips might be nice. Turns out that 25 influence vanishes faster than one might expect.

Here I’d also been thinking about Pancakes for the Motorbike, avoid most of the penalty of failing her trace if’n you do. Definitely not enough influence (or need, really) for that.

Argh! Now I’m thinking about how Jak Sinclair plus Security Nexus w/ sufficient link is basically an inside job against most one-ice servers, and how that’d go nicely with security testing/john masanori. Even if you ditched Nexus for Desperado, that’s 3 credits/turn if they have any un-iced server. 25 influence is not enough… :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, in all seriousness… we need more neutral programs.

Or, hell, more neutral runner cards that aren’t just different kinds of economy, honestly. Looking them over, that’s almost all there is, really.

1 Like

Shannon Claire seems like an okay Jackson replacement when Opening Moves rotates out. Could be good before that too, of course.

I’ve often paid 9 straight up for a Femme to bypass something nasty. Having that ability on a stick for less up front cost is, I think, really strong, especially if you’re maybe importing cards like Inside Job; even a 3 ice server becomes a doddle to walk through at that point.

With some of the corp cards we’re seeing spoiled, maybe excess link becomes its own reward, but I do really really like the look of the security chip, even as a one off boost.

I mean, link is great, its not like ash isn’t played everywhere. Also, totally blanking ice, vs paying 1-2 because the corp is incentivised to not bid more, but you still don’t have it beat, is a thing.

1 Like

Is Apex strong simply because most subroutines just hit his facedown cards. I guess program and hardware trashing are an issue. It’s interesting how it interrogates corp decks in a completely different way. Still not convinced it is all that strong, I suppose we’ll see. I’m interested to figure out how to build it. 3x Siphon?

A lot of annoying ice that it can’t break. Turing, Susanoo, Architect (can’t even Apoc it!)

4 Likes

Domestic Sleepers should do the job for CI. You just … have to slot Domestic Sleepers as CI. :confused:

I think it’s 3x Medium. He can use that run event to clear out RnD even if he doesn’t apocalypse and just blast through it. Don’t need to break all the subs; just pass the ICE.

1 Like