Data & Destiny Spoilers

Oh, you wanted me to run your centrals, no thanks.
Oh, your stuff costs more to trash, no thanks.
Oh, you get to draw like crazy, no thanks.
Sorry, but you can’t just take a credit for installing things.
I’d rather not have to choose between a tag and 2 meat damage after keyholing you.

And it goes on and on and on.

7 Likes

Does Technical Writer have an influence cost? If not, that’s an instant 3x in my Hayley Chameleon deck.

3 Likes

best answer to enhanced login protocol in RP ! Don’t tell me when to spend my clicks !

5 Likes

Run through it on 2nd click. Pay your last two clicks to break the etr. No clicks to lose, see 2 cards.

That’s fair, I suppose I was discounting how strong that would be. I guess I’m just a little disappointed that Apex has all this crazy destruction, Sunny gets turbo cloud breakers… and Adam gets those double edged directives.

But Always Running means your first click has to be a run right?

2 Likes

True. My bad. Guess for that scenario, you run into R&D with that ability, if you don’t like what you see go to HQ. Might be the better play. Might not even need to spend 2 clicks 1st turn.

You still have 9 aesops credits sitting on the board either way.

Oh my god guys, link based stuff, cloud stuff. I’m absolutely GIDDY, I’ve been waiting for cloud to be better!

Also: ABR

5 Likes

and great secu testing synergies. But hard to fit influence wise with its best friend desperado.

2 Likes

Yeah you can Turn 1 Account Siphon but you’re using a ton of influence to get those AS, and you don’t get a breaker in-faction so you’re stuck with Neutrals or using your inf on that. The bioroid ability is nice, but it’s half your turn for a single subroutine so 2 ICE or anything with 2 ETR stops you unless you use E3 (and again, import). Not to mention your starting handsize is 3, 2 against Cybernetics. You can have 4 cards(/3) in hand on the corp turn if you’re smart with playing them but that’s still a pretty strong disadvantage at the start.

He seems really really strange. Aesops is good, but again influence. AS is good…influence. E3…influence.

Still, spending your whole turn to see 2 cards in HQ probably isn’t terrible. Especially if you end up getting some easy points early.

Can I comment on how all of the hand size stuff is so thematic for Adam? Each slowly increasing his grip as he eliminates his directives, and grows throughout the game? Its as if he’s slowly awakening. The use of Bertha in his art is awesome, he’s doing to human’s what Ed Kim does to Bioroids, potentially for similar motives! SUCH THEME!

7 Likes

Security Chip feels like the missing bit of the Cloud breaker puzzle (the sunny ones and the B&E ones both are tough for breaking high strength ice), but there doesn’t seem like a whole lot of ways to recur hardware… I wish that had been one of the ‘6 of’ cards from the next cycle!

1 Like

Yeah and I like his console. Need some luck on your side though, and HQ is the easiest place for the corp to control Agendas. I will still try him out a lot and try to make something work, but I went from being super hyped about a Bioroid runner to pretty disappointed.

2 Likes

i can’t help but feel like surveillance sweep and employee strike are their way of forcing everyone to play currents

3 Likes

Adam looks like the jankiest hard mode ID ever printed… can’t wrap my mind around him at all yet.

3 Likes

I know, right? It’s like they realized the only way to get people to play currents is to print ones worth playing…

3 Likes

Power tap that Security Nexus!

1 Like

I figured back when P. Tap came out that at some point the runners would be initiating traces. Thought it might be a runner ID or something. Well, here’s the card. Seems pretty good. Pricey console though.

A little sad my favorite themed runner (sunny) has a style I have zero interest in. Yolo apex here I come

1 Like