Data & Destiny Spoilers

Posting to correct someone else’s pronoun usage is welcome. Arguing after getting corrected is not. It’s fine to disagree if you get corrected but keep it to yourself. If you feel you have an issue with someone correcting you over and over, or too harshly, take it up with a mod in PM.

Discussion over. Let’s go back to talking about how sweet global food initiative is.

24 Likes

I don’t think any rogue and sentient AI will feel uncomfortable because someone on the interwebs is reffering it as a he or she.
I also don’t think any non-binary gendered people is reffering him/her/it/them/xe[whatever gender you want]sef as a rogue sentient (and tentacular) AI.

BUT if there’s any rogue sentient AI who feel offended because someone is using a gendered pronoun to talk about it, it should make itself a bit more visible.

It’s a minority nobody usually take into consideration and that’s clearly wrong :<

10 Likes

Refer to the above post by bblum.

I am made to feel uncomfortable by people misusing pronouns, and lots of other people are, too. There are lots of people who prefer “it” (or something else) over “he” or “she”, and misusing pronouns is a one-way-trip to making those people uncomfortable. It’s not hard to use “it” and it doesn’t make anybody feel uncomfortable, and that should be the only reason you need.

This card might be exactly what HB Glacier needs. HB has got a lot of support for a while and all it lacked was a better agenda suite. Other than 8 agenda RP, HB was my first thought when I saw that agenda. It’s a sweet addition to the game.

5 Likes

And HB is the faction with the most flexibility when it comes to spending influence. I agree that it does seem like a natural fit, although I also like it as a 1-of in RP and potentially NEH.

Heh dude. I’m not asking you to defend anything. I’m asking you to talk about Netrunner.

Moving on as bblum says.

1 Like

Yeah, HB glacier always has terrible 5/3s and repeatedly suffers from the runner scoring them, swinging the game drastically. The ICE and economy in ETF is umatched, I think, and if you give them some extra in-built agenda defense then they’re going to be beastly.

Yeah, when it was spoiled I immediately thought of HB. It’s a great way to fix “the 5/3 problem” for corps that aren’t future perfect, and it even manages to avoid incidentally making future perfect decks any better. The only question is whether you play 3 food and 6 2 pointers; or 3 food, 5 2 pointers and 1 chronos, or 2 food and 7 2 pointers.

6 Likes

I personally prefer 2x when it comes to card slots that I need every game but only once. 2 Food and 6 2 pointers seems like the best call to me. Then again, I prefer HB hybrid, so that’s assuming you’re splashing SanSan. That still leaves you with 4 influence after Jacksons to import 2x a strong piece of ice like Tollbooth or something.

1 Like

Note that the 3/1 idea (Chronos, or that new one) probably isn’t great here, as they will need to score 4 of your agendas regardless (but a 3/1 makes it awkward for you to score out). All of your agendas are worth 2 points to the runner. I’m pretty convinced that 3x ABT, 3x NAPD, 3x Food will be the call, since it makes it easier for you to score out 2/2/3 without making it easier for the runner.

4 Likes

I’d rather have 3 for glacier. You don’t want the runner to steal one, and then not be able to find the other one. Whether it belongs in HBFA as well is a harder question… it really depends on whether you’ve got the rush or glacier ice suite. I don’t think I’d ever actually be able to score a 5/3 with the current rushy ice suite.

2 Likes

I’ve built a 6 agenda glaicer HB, with 2 GFIs and 2 Vanity Projects. Probably not the best, but then I suck at playing HB anyway so it’s all ok.

1 Like

A GenCon report from a random person playing at the event said Sunny actually had the worst performance of the three. Nothing too bad, just statements about how she plays like a big rig shaper of old, without the Shaper bullshit to stop rush. She’s very expensive to set up (slow), runs megadrip (slow), and her breakers require support to become efficient (slow). She’s going to need a well-tuned influence kit of draw, burst econ (Modded and Career Fair for sure), anti-rush tools (tutors or Inside Job?), ways to deal with FA (R&D multiaccess?), and multiaccess.

The person also said Adam is, like, really fast. Sometimes too fast. Gave me a bit of hope for the Runner who gave me the worst first impression. I think I diss Adam like 4 times in this thread.

That sounded a bit harsh on Sunny - just saying what some have said and my views on how to smooth her out. I can’t wait to try her out, even more than Apex. I am in the probable minority of people who want to play against Apex more than as.

5 Likes

Interesting. I really want Adam to be decent because I think his double-edged directives will lead to a lot of deckbuilding and playstyle variations.

2 Likes

Their reasoning was that if he got an early score, Safety First became a free mini-wyldside because his Console puts him up to 5+ hand size again with a couple points. I think they were also running Drug Dealer/Lovegood, so suddenly they had this perma-earthrise situation for a grand total of 3 influence and 3 credits, 2 clicks.

2 Likes

I think she has potential.

She only runs mega drip if you fall for the temptation to implement it. She’s about as slow as how many draw cards you insert.

Even if she ended up being a bit slow check the posts above this and you’re looking at people talking about having less agendas in their RnD, which is also slow.

Speaking within her “faction” cards: She’s capable of getting into servers without requiring too much in the way of programs. She gets a free run and there are loads of really strong cards that take advantage of that.

The big challenge will be how to use that influence optimally. The bulk of cards that really shine with her and her cards cost 3 influence. Even with 25 to spend that adds up quick, and she requires draw.

I didn’t delve into Adam too much as he just bores me but he did come off as pretty fast.

Apex with datasuckers will be something else.

1 Like

After data and destiny, there will be a fair amount of tracers, she keeps them in check. Lots of good ice have trace routines on them, I’m excited to be able to use her link to my advantage. 50% of the early game punisher ice in BS glacier straight out blanked (cad and datapike). Cloud breakers give her the option run lots of utility programs and never explicitly need a console, so you can save up for the 8 credits. Theres more in the cloud section to this game than many are giving her credit for.

Post worlds I’m going on a personhunt for the best Sunny deck possible. Dibs on winning the first store champs with Sunny.

An 18 point suite from the Runner’s perspective in a 49 card deck… gross. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I will respect what bblum has requested but you frame your reply in a way that attempts to describe someone (me) you know absolutely nothing about by making grand statements with zero weight due to the former.

If you want to know my opinions and feelings about your comment and mine you may continue it in private discussion with me if you wish. Otherwise please refrain from using me as some rock to climb on so you may wave your flag.

2 Likes

I can see both of those. My issues with Adam have largely been variance concerns, he seems able to get an early score but that depends somewhat on one-sub ice over HQ or the corp having agendas to access from the get-go. Slower games or agenda-light decks seem like a rougher time.

Sunny has definitely always looked on the slower side, though. I’m not surprised that’s what people are finding. 2-of Modded and 3-of Career Fair seem more and more like essentials, especially if people want to be doing the drip econ thing.

I do wonder about combining her console, Jak Sinclair, John Masanori, and Security Testing. Takes a bit longer since the console’s such a big drop, but turns into a free card and two free credits every turn that can all be repurposed if needed.

But will need to build and playtest to see if can possibly get her speed up enough, and it’s not like the current environment is the one she’ll be in, either. There’s almost certainly going to be more tracing, for a start. Even outside of NBN, Assassin looks like a decent piece of big/taxing ice in many decks – two subs on a 5str sentry or 7 credits for a 1-link runner to break both unpumped traces, dealing a handful of damage and/or destroying a program if they get through.

But I’m with you on being more interested in playing against Apex than as it. Destroying everything seems fun, but I dunno how many games to expect to win like that, and without Mimic or something Architect just chews him up.

I think, just like now, anyone trying for drip econ is shooting themselves in the foot. Sonny is a 50 card deck too right? Even worse!