Data Leak Reversal Cheese

Hi @IirionClaus,

When we see your photo/avatar on forums, you appear to be wearing a pair of horns on your head. Are they an accessory, or a body-mod?

Just curious because If they are body-mods I will think you are cooler than if they are just part of a hat/headband setup.

6 Likes

Are people favoring Shaper for this shell due to All-nighter and Hyperdriver? I’m a bit baffled. I still need to try my Anarch versions but I feel that Anarch is a good shell for this, with Joshua B.

I think the main reason to play Hayley is how fast she setup.
You are losing a tons of clicks on the setup phase by playing this deck in Anarch.

With Hayley, you can usually start to mill around turn 4-5 and worse case scenario around turn 8.

laughing I am not a cool person. But the horns (at least the white ones – I also have a black set) often attract stares, and at least two other people (in real life, not online) asked me whether they’re a body mod. Sorry to disappoint!

Agreed, milltime begins early with Hayley.

1 Like

Fair enough, I’ll have to try both.

Here’s the build that I’ve been playing around with, still have a decent chance to get in at the expense of setting up.

Hypermill now with Wireless Net Pavillion

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (12)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) [color=#708090]••••• •[/color]
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)

Resource (16)
3x All-nighter (A Study in Static)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
3x Fall Guy (Double Time) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) [color=#708090]•[/color]
3x Paparazzi (Old Hollywood)
3x Wireless Net Pavilion (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]

Program (8)
3x Hyperdriver (The Underway)
2x Leprechaun i[/i]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Here’s my cut of the DLR Wireless Net Pavillion Cheese:

Wikileaks Valencia

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (25)
2x Account Siphon ••••• •••
3x Amped Up
3x Blackmail
1x Diesel ••
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Inject
1x Quality Time •
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (20)
3x Data Leak Reversal
3x Fall Guy •••
1x Hades Shard •
2x John Masanori
3x Joshua B.
2x Paparazzi
3x Same Old Thing
3x Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (3)
3x Eater

50 cards (min 50)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

It is BRUTAL… really… absurd sometimes.

1 Like

I was playing this type of deck out of Val, blackmail is super nice for remote threat. I had a problem accessing archives what with Jackson Howard and archives ice and only eater as a breaker, but with keyhole siphon support. I’d say hades shard is key for this deck, but there’s lots of different designs for dlr/paparazzi

1 Like

Just played against a Hyper-Mil Reina deck. It used Origami and Duggers to get set up. Then Stim Dealers and Joshua B for 7 mil turns. Vamp and Account Siphon, kept you too poor to just score out or trash the DLR through 3 fall guys. It was pretty effective. Faust and Eater in there too.

Here’s my list, derived from Windave’s a few posts prior. The thing that rockets it over the edge is Off-Campus and Drug Dealer, which let you draw like crazy for additional combo pieces. This allows you to switch over to a Faust shell, which is superior because you can threaten any server without having to burn Blackmail.

We’ve got Dodgson here! (50 cards)

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (17)
2 Account Siphon
3 Blackmail
2 Deja Vu
3 Dirty Laundry
1 Hacktivist Meeting
3 Inject
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (1)
1 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (29)
3 Data Leak Reversal
3 Drug Dealer
3 Fall Guy
1 Hades Shard
2 John Masanori
3 Joshua B.
3 Off-Campus Apartment
2 Paparazzi
3 Same Old Thing
3 Street Peddler
3 Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (3)
3 Faust

Things that I’d like to try out include Wanton Destruction (agendas often pool in the middle game while waiting for an upgrade like Caprice or SanSan/FA to safely score out under threat of Blackmail), Hacktivist Meeting (I have one in my deck but haven’t seen it very often.), and Oracle May (Possibly worth it, not sure what the magic number of resources is but odds of hitting resource are already 60%). Also, maybe Clots, or a Datasucker to keep ICE at even strength?

Possibly ways to counter the deck? Damage is generally unreliable, especially when fighting through Paparazzi and Drug Dealers. All-Seeing I would be great, if not for the Bad Publicity that Val has as protection. Freelancer and Sync ID are niche. Rushing agendas might be the strongest strategy.

As a side note, I really hope there’s a way to counter this type of strategy in the meta. It feels dirty, like I’m not playing Netrunner but a different game altogether.

Has anyone attempted DLR/Blackmail in Shaper? I was thinking Fan Site works great for Frame Job. Plus you get to enjoy the quick setup of Hayley, Hyperdrivers and superb draw. Fisk Investment Seminar is nice for helping to mill the Corp too.

Hayley Miller

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (19)

Resource (21)

Program (5)

45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Maybe use False Echo and DDOS instead?

1 Like

Why isn’t Off-Campus Apartment being considered? Free card draw for playing all these connections, and we’re already running Fall Guy so the downside of having a crowded Apartment is somewhat mitigated.

2 Likes

That works better only if you’re attacking one server imo. Plus False Echo fights for MU with Hyperdriver and DDOS is 3 influence each.

Man, was just about to post in here about All Seeing Eye but for the whole BP thing! Dang Valencia.

1 Like

Nice idea, the apartment could be a nice add on to the deck.

1 Like

Are the Siphons worthwhile? Do they cripple the Corp enough in this meta? or are they mostly used to drain the Corp down a bit to secure your Resources?

A deck that runs All Seeing probably runs archived memories (to hit Closed Accounts as well). Two shouldn’t be out of the question, but it certainly slows it down as a defense.

1 Like

See? Nobody cares.

(More seriously, what’s the connection between Jurassic Park and this deck?)

1 Like

glad other people quote this scene as much as my friends and I

1 Like