Data Leak Reversal Cheese

I have no idea, I just like jurassic Park and envision Wayne Knight as the ultimate fall guy.

Siphon is great. It does a lot of things you want. Credit denial is wonderful, it protects your resources, opens up remote servers (so you don’t have to burn a blackmail), and its drawback of two tags is irrelevant. It also coexists in a deck that wants to have access to same old thing and deja vu for run event recursion.

Scrubber might be good to try out, as you’ll want to be trashing drip econ as much as possible and it fits in with the off campus apartment plan.

I am still not sure if this idea can work properly and competitively. The reason? Almost 100% rage quit by the opponent once he/she realises what the deck actually does. Even if they could win the game!

The only safe assumption is that the title DLR Cheese is fitting and true…

4 Likes

Its our time to shine.

6 Likes

I was playing the bionicsheep version earlier today on Jinteki (partly because of the name, partly because I think it’s my favourite build). Man, it’s horrible. First game I died due to operator error, second one I managed to get all my DLR/WPN/Paparazzis out and just milled the corp out (I couldn’t score with my Hades as they were PE). Wireless Net Pavilion is the main evil.

Going to tweak the deck (think it could do with EVEN MORE draw, then maybe some +handsize or Bookmark). Freelancer, if people slot it, will be brutal…

Foxfire is mostly irrelevant since Fall Guy will counter it.

Freelancer is a reasonable option, though if they reach a critical mass of WNP and Fall Guys then you’ll still need to shell out the creds.

All Seeing I is probably the best option, though again – if they use their Fall Guys to save 1x DLR, 1x Paparazzi, 1x WNP (or 1x DLR, 2x WNPs, and they have another Paparazzi in hand), OR if they play Valencia, you’re sad :expressionless:

1 Like

Played HBFA against this on Jinteki.

Would’ve won, if I’d known how many Agendas were in Archives. :grimacing:

I would have Jackson’d before then if I knew there were two! Damn Hades Shard.

The idea is to Freelance before FF, it helps delay the setup, theres no way it would break it when set up. All Seeing I is the only thing that can do that. Guess we all have to play sync.

3 Likes

Freelance before FF … so they drop Paparazzi, do their epic turn, then you Freelance + FF?

Note that you can click Archives in Jin.net and see its contents.

Yeah, I know. Can be a little tough to do when the other guy’s just clicking DLR as fast as he can and with lag and whatnot, but it’s more or less on me.

Just sayin’ that HBFA’s got game here. Get an Eve Remote and a SanSan Remote, spam out Jackson and DBS as they come and just go (although you should definitely ice Jackson).

I think that’s the worst thing: a new archetype where the one singularly important thing for your win ratio when playing against it is whether or not you included Jackson Howard in your deck. Just what the game needed…

It makes Freelancer and All-Seeing I useful. That’s great. But ultimately irrelevant if you don’t make it to your turn to play them because you don’t have instant-speed Archives retrieval!

3 Likes

Another thought - this thing seems kind of weak to active tagging (specifically Breaking News and Posted Bounty) and flatline plans.

Paparazzi comes down last, and until then, a Breaking News kill, or Breaking News into All Seeing I, is pretty threatening, as is Ronin out of PE.

Also … Project Ares new meta.

1 Like

This is vulnerable to lots of stuff – you just need to know it’s coming. If you don’t expect it then you’re probably toast.

EtF has a great matchup here, I think. Especially if your agenda mix is 3x ABT, Vit, GFI.

It’s pretty good as 3x ABT, 3x Vit, 3x NAPD, 1x Director Haas’ Pet Program, 1x Chronos, too.

Feed 'em Jackson + Ash, then Biotic DHPP to get the whole mess back with an ice. Trololololl.

1 Like

It would be good if Paparazzi + WNP together force some diversity in tag punishment. Freelancer/ASI are two obvious cards, but Psychographics, I/O, Closed Accounts, even things like Bad Times could be more playable. Lily Lockwell gives us creative ways to ‘spend’ tags as well!

Might be worth pointing out that Paparazzi alone has no impact whatsoever on Psychographics, Information Overload, and Lily Lockwell. Those would only be effective against this if the Runner was also going tag-me and picked up actual tags alongside Paparazzi.

1 Like

Yes, of course, I should have made that clear. I think 3 WNP and Paparazzi is ‘protection’ against scorched earth like plascrete which is useful in a tag-me deck.

1 Like

Forgive me if this has been asked in the thread (still haven’t figured out the search function on this site), but Data Leak Reversal still needs a successful server run if you install it from Street Peddler, right?

I figured, but you never know when a new player might stumble in and mis-understand. :smile:

On a related note, I won a tournament game two weeks against a similar deck that relied on Joshua B. The Runner milled me to 0 cards in R&D twice, but I won (thanks to Jackson) by spending three clicks and six credits to trash Fall Guys one turn, and trashing Paparazzi and double Scorch the next turn. Thank goodness WNP wasn’t tourney legal yet…

1 Like

These decks are necessary to be able to increase diversity in Corp decks I feel. It sucks to lose to one, but it’s not worse than noise, you can actively protect yourself a little by caring about tags, or having a solid way to punish the runner for not running.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to make a version of this work in Stirling. The theme is Iain Stirling: Bad Spy. Everywhere he goes reporters follow him around.

It would seem like there is a natural synergy with his ability but in reality you have no way of getting extra clicks to mill with, which just makes it pretty slow. And you can’t easily recur DLRs once trashed without importing Levy. Definitely not a crim deck. But a man can dream though.

“The names Stirling, Iain Stirling. Shit, I’m not supposed to tell you that.”

6 Likes