DD @ Worlds? Place your bets

Europeans have a bit of an edge here, since we get a lot more Regionals and Nationals in a smaller area compared to the US. One of the reasons why I am not playing as much online as I want or could. I can get tournament practice so easily by going to Regionals and Nationals in quite a few countries without having to drive really far.

1 Like

Well, certain parts of the U.S. (I went to 4 Regionals, all within a 5.5 hour drive).

We had 10 regionals in that timeframe. Beneluxany FTW!

2 Likes

Confirmation that Euro Regionals are like SCs in the U.S., and Nationals are like Regionals.

Note: continental Europe only. U.K. is on some next level shite.

6 Likes

We just built our country sensibly so that we can have bitter rivals that talk funny with weird customs just ten miles away over the next hill, rather than on the other side of a continent. It cuts down the travelling. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I could not disagree with this more. I like to support my local game store that does a lot to make sure I have a great place to play Netrunner and other games, so to say it’s legal and you can use it but only if you buy a copy here it worlds is ridiculous.

This I agree with and is what I expect they are going to do. In the past they use the FAQ to to specify that a product available for sale at a tournament/event (like Gen Con), but not widely available is not legal for the tournament. Since the only official word we have is to watch for the FAQ, I’m thinking that it will be available for sale at worlds but not legal.

1 Like

Since we’re actually sticking our necks out, I’m going to go on record:

Yeah, this. Exciting, now my reputation is at stake! Don’t let me down, FFG!

1 Like

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/16/debug-your-code/

D&D confirmed legal for Worlds:

8 Likes

Well, it was 10 within 2.5h drive for me. The ones in my country were the longest travels. :wink:

My reputation! Damn you FFG!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

So… will Caissa decks be a thing at Worlds now? Got that Scheherazade bump:

The other change I want to highlight is that you can now host Caissa programs on other cards before moving them to ice. This was a ruling that was originally made based on ‘designer intent’ and not the rules as written; the actual text of the cards does not explicitly restrict the user from moving them to any piece of ice from other cards. Like the addition of the rez window, this change makes the game more approachable.

3 Likes

Time to close the thread.

3 Likes

Needed to keep that OP Caissa deck under control!

3 Likes

Most improtant ruling (apart from D and D legality) is change to DBS. You no longer have to revela what you took.

3 Likes

Another semi-important one to take note of:

The Corp does not have to tell the Runner whether he or she
kept the first or second card drawn. The Corp must keep the
two cards discrete from the rest of his or her hand, though,
when deciding; the Corp can shuffle the two cards together to
obscure which card was taken.

4 Likes

EXACT SAME MINUTE

2 Likes

Closed now, since Spags said something sensible. We’d like to go out on a high :wink:

15 Likes