[Devils Cake] - MaxX Faust Decks With Wyldside

Wow, strike-out. My apologies. Pre-coffee post.

2 Likes

I may be over-relying on Faust (and I tend to keep Inject in my builds, which further burns through the deck), but I play the second Levy fairly often, Iā€™d say almost half my games. No joke, I considered putting in a third.

The FA matchup isnā€™t that bad really, with Legwork and Makerā€™s you can pressure centrals pretty heavily and NEHā€™s ICE is sort of garbage these days if theyā€™ve kept most of the useful FA tools. If youā€™re really concerned about the matchup, Turntable, Scrubber (for SanSan), Imp (for SanSan and Biotic) are cards you should be looking at.

FA is probably better off just trying to be fast and score out like you say, but HB glacier might toss a chronos project in and a Biotic Labor (which is not an awful card in glacier for sealing games out) if the deck becomes super prevalent. Could be a decent reason to Levy early at certain times.

Chronos Project is definitely my greatest fear with the deck. If too many people start playing it, CP will make a comeback. MaxX is has such a powerful runner ability but she also has the absolute worst hard counters available in CP and, to a lesser extent, Blacklist.

1 Like

Achievement unlocked with her, 6 monthes ago : MaxX / Faust / Wyldside vs PE : 0 cards in hand, 0 cards on stack, less than 10 cards in heap, Blacklist running. Been in a better situation.

Entering yolo mode : I steal a last time and win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, CP is kind of a lazy include in a few decks. It does worry me a bit, but the best deck to put it in is PE, and on the whole we have a pretty good PE matchup and could tech for it if we needed to. PE is best because its dangerous enough you might not check every remote and it doesnā€™t require as many resources to pull off. FA decks as stated earlier could use it most effectively, but wonā€™t because itā€™ll hurt their primary mission. And glacier decks could attempt to do it but given how often we can get in theyā€™d have to protect it pretty hard to win.

I feel like with things like THE FUN ENDS HERE and APOCALYPSE running around, CP is fine, but not a primary tech include. And FA already has to tech for clot. And crisium grid for all of the siphoning thatā€™s going around right now. I expect some people to slot CP, but them finding it and having the window might cost me a game during any one tournament, I might be willing to gamble on that. RP with CP is probably the scariest after PE?

2 Likes

You can have cakes in green too. And you can eat them in way nicer place than some seedy club on the moon :smile:

Hilarious ! :smiley:

I like Party Cakes in Shaper. Paired up with Game Day you can get some serious draw.

Of course I do it all to power Faust. Faust is life.

Hereā€™s my current thinking, 3-1-0 at a GNK today (draw was 0-0, no time). Everybody played MWL legal decks & I saw four HB NEXT ICE decks. If that keeps up, Iā€™m going back to 3x Parasite, I donā€™t care what I have to cut.

Scrubber was great, never used Turntableā€™s ability, Yog smashed a bunch of Turing on centrals which everybody knows to do by now. I was curious about Retrieval Run after seeing it in @Sumodoā€™s list and it might be better recursion than Deja Vu (usually more efficient especially for Yog, can net a Datasucker token, too). The ICE destruction choices here are silly and I would change them. +1 Knifed -1 Immo Script (which seems so cool but never works) for a start, maybe -1 Run Amok depending on how it goes.

When the Levy Breaksā€¦ 2.3

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (20)

Hardware (2)

Resource (15)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (4)

13 influence spent (max 15-2ā˜†=13)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

As someone new to this archetype, I took gumshoeā€™s deck, cut the dirty laundrys, demolition run (seemed situational and more ā€œniceā€ than necessary) and ice carver (negative synergy with d4v1d). So far Iā€™m enjoying it, but what are thoughts on cutting the NRE and maybe you or a career fair for a third levy?

Iā€™ve never needed a 3rd levy except in one blue sun game where Iā€™m pretty sure I played poorly. Ice Carver and or NRE helps with troublesome ice or against builds with very high ice strengths across the board. Theyā€™re also more for the glacier matchup. So, if youā€™re not running into the kind of decks where you need that, keep the tech in your back pocket and cut it for now. I also think youā€™re heading towards a build with too little econ. Altogether you may be relying on faust a tad too much.

@phette23 Thatā€™s looking very reasonable. I think I agree that the ice destruction doesnā€™t look great. My experience is that usually medium is enough and you donā€™t need makerā€™s, so thatā€™s probably where Iā€™d get parasite 1&2. Parasite is just too good for me to consider dropping. It does make deja vu more desirable though, and grimoire too unfortunately. choices

Cutting Makerā€™s for Parasites is definitely worth consideration. It feels pretty great to me to not need extra MU or reliance on a virus for multi-access though, and Makerā€™s is so much easier to recur with the SoTs, I rarely install Medium. But the list could pivot (& probably get a better glacier matchup) like so:

• -1 Makerā€™s, -1 Run Amok
  • +2 Parasite
  • -2 Turntable
  • +2 Grimoire

and consider a way to sneak in a second Medium. I think Iā€™d still keep Retrieval Run in this scenario just for the efficiency.

Third Levy is excessive & wonā€™t be played in many games. Iā€™ve had games where Iā€™ve needed it but it always came down to terrible luck (all agendas at the bottom of the deck) or misplays on my part.

1 Like

Also random Parasite observation: the difference between a non-instant speed Parasite coming out with zero virus tokens as opposed to one (from Grimoire) is pretty small but got a bit bigger. There arenā€™t many one-strength ICE being played, but MWL has increased the number of Komainu, NEXT Silver, & Galahad in my estimation, all of which tax Faust quite badly. By contrast, Pup and Popup Window alone are ubiquitous enough to make zero-strength ICE more common, with Rototurret, Tour Guide, & Yagura all seeing a bit more play post-MWL.

Thatā€™s just in terms of insta-trashing ICE, obviously having to wait one fewer turn or use one fewer Datasucker token can be important in games.

1 Like

Yeah; Parasite is part of the reason I run carver & grimoire. It puts all ice str 2 or less within a turn of dealing with, and it makes getting str 3 & 4 ice with sucker a bit easier. Which is important since you canā€™t instant speed and that means more time to wait and or more time for the corp to respond.

Still youā€™re fighting with d4 potentially. Iā€™m not sure what the right move is, but if youā€™re seeing a lot of NEXT, then you definately want parasite or need to kill it on sight with any cutlery you have access to. Mostly just the silvers though. Bronze & Gold are fairly easy to deal with. Gold is only really a problem with batty.

I have been seeing more Chronos out of Jinteki and HB.

1 Like

We have no comment on this matter :wink:

1 Like

Truth. Ran my first MWL GNK yesterday and saw quite a bit of it throughout the day. Had one happen to my Maxx with all but about 10 cards left in my stack/grip and only a Faust on the board. Luckily the Yog/Corroder/Mimic had all been chilling with my hand for the past 6 turns :smiley:

As a diehard RegAss fan I still got to say this deck is beast.Enough cake bullshit.

If Iā€™d want to come back to 45 cards + 2 Larla, updating my old list to MWL, I would do this.
I forgot I was runnning 3x Peddlers in the old list (step on it, I said :slight_smile: ), that may must be the main reason why I had to put 3x Larla or 2x Larla + 57 cards, or die.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun - v2

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (11)
3x DĆ©jĆ  Vu (Core Set)
3x Iā€™ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢
3x Queenā€™s Gambit (Double Time)

Hardware (4)
1x Brain Cage (Chrome City)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ā˜† ā€¢ā€¢
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (15)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanityā€™s Shadow)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) ā€¢
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ā€¢ā€¢

Program (9)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Medium (Core Set)