[Devils Cake] - MaxX Faust Decks With Wyldside

We had a 24 person SC, top 4 were all Wyldcakes MaxX, OP, the new PPK, sky is falling, runrunrun!!!

Seriously though, this deck, it is fast enough to beat yellow, and with Turntable, as was played in the SC, even a scored APP is no biggie as they can’t keep this runner out, corps went crazy wasting their tokens :stuck_out_tongue: also good against glacier with the parasites and cutlery, so yeah, GG all other runners and archetypes thank you for applying we have our winner post MWL

To have the best chance against the tech that’s come out vs this, I’ve shifted to this version. Surprise, it plays clone chip.

Boisonberry MaxX

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (16)
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Déjà Vu
1x Forked
2x I’ve Had Worse
1x Knifed
2x Levy AR Lab Access ••••• •
1x Queen’s Gambit
1x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
2x Clone Chip ☆☆ ••••
2x Grimoire

Resource (13)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
3x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (7)
1x Corroder
3x Faust
2x Mimic
1x Yog.0 ☆

Program (10)
2x D4v1d
1x Datasucker
2x Imp
2x Medium
1x Nerve Agent
2x Parasite ☆☆

10 influence spent (max 15-5☆=10)
50 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Other changes;

• Mimic 2x for komainu & swordsman which have come up far more often.

• Down to 2 IHW because the meta in general has less kill and you can money up vs a dedicated kill deck if you have to. You can also deja for IHW if you must.

• 2 Imp to deal with SanSan, ice in places and just other things you don’t want to see. I did this over demo run to just have a better chance against remotes where I largely have to trash stuff more often.

• Had to go down to 2 parasite to squeeze 2 clone chip, but the clone chip gives us a faster more consistant game by allow us to use our heap; something I largely ignored before by just having a good enough deck.

• D4 x2 - its too good to only run 1, espcially as ice suites gravitate toward higher strength ice vs faust to avoid the parasites we pack.

• Since I lost the career fairs for the chip I added queen’s gambit for some lower threshold economy. Keeping dirty laundry for a similar reason. You need something. Maybe you prefer data folding, but It tend to use my memory.

• Went to 2x medium so that I can see it earlier vs NBN where it matters quite a bit.

• Losing ice carver & netready eyes hurts our glacier matchup a bit, but we can melt a bit easier too and the extra d4 and clone chip makes the matchup at least reasonable. Also, RP stretches itself thin by having too many servers it has to protect which makes ice destruction its main issue.

This is feeling close to what I’d consider a spike version of the deck. If you were looking to make cuts to get down to 47, nerve agent, corroder and yog could all be lost; but you’ll need really tight play to achieve good results with those cuts and you’ll lose some HQ pressure.

The main threats and reasons for the techs are the following:

1. RP is becoming popular and so is komainu. Instant speed parasite is more necessary than it was before the ice meta shifted to account for this problem.

2. People have recognized that NBN is really good; podoboyz’s deck still has a good matchup but my more glacier style deck sometimes couldn’t close the deal or just didn’t get up to speed fast enough. I’ve added more tools to allow the setup to occur soon and allow more solid pressure in that early phase to take some stress off the economy and slow the corp down.

1 Like

Saw one this weekend going ham with data folding, start your turn with 2-3 credits (more with DC) and 3 cards? its nuts. DF is quite good.

Like the changes though @gumOnShoe I sleeved up @Podoboyz99 build with the Foldings and other flavor changes, will do testing tonight at game night.

If I could keep myself from installing things maybe I’d like DF more :stuck_out_tongue:

But I often feel like “faust only” is a trap. I’ve lost too many times to good players stringing me along

1 Like

I feel like my Faust play improved a lot when I started using it as little as possible. Faust fuels my early aggression and solves ICE when I’m missing credits/breakers, but by mid-game I should be using Faust very little for most runs.

2 Likes

Clone chip (only 1, I don’t want to drop the careers fair) has been performing great in my list, it just adds so much to the overall consistency of the deck.
I’m curious : what’s the reasoning behind playing > 45 cards? With the 2 levies I’m sceptical that you burn through the deck so fast that the (marginal) long-term longevity outweighs the lack of consistency but I’m interested to hear about different experiences.

1 Like

I can’t stress enough how crucial the foldings have become. I actually went up to 46 cards gasp to fit 3 in. I dislike the lack of cards in your deck when you Levy, but I like to win before I have to play Levy number 2, but the Foldings really start to pay off when a glacier deck stretches you thin on cash.

2 Likes

If I make it to 2nd levy, money usually isn’t a problem; I’m usually 20-40 credits at that point. And that’s without folding.

We have very very similar decks :slight_smile: Zu/Utopia instead of 2nd CC because Utopia Deja Utopia works very well, and Queens x 3, which is fun and most of the time very effective.

I just play another SoT @46 cards on top of the list I posted there.

If I make it to second Levy, it means the Corp was able to stabilize, and that means you pretty much soend the rest of the game playing Makers Eye over and over again, and that gets expensive.

Yeah, I don’t have that problem, lol. I really don’t dump my clicks into SoT, so it just doesn’t happen. I have extra time to make money and because I use my breaker suite I tend to be able to get money from my money cards rather than ditching them to faust.

@anon34370798, I will never play 3x queens and probably won’t play utopia. Clone chip is just clearly superior to utopia. Also, you play brain chip. :confused: And Kati Jones? Way too click expensive. I mean, there are similarities, but most of those existed prior to my update.

Really like this version, feels like good old reg-ass MaxX. But what do you think on dropping the yog and one parasite to fit in legwork instead of nerve agent? Or would you rather drop one clone chip and jump to 3 parasites? I just reckon that legwork is far superior to nerve agent for HQ pressure and sniping those astroscripts before the train goes off. Also all NEH’s are packing 2 CVS’s these days I believe, so it would be nice to have some multi-access not depending on viruses.

If you drop the yog, you potentially can’t get through turing, but I suppose yog-> parasite is fine for centrals. There’s enough enigma and crick running around that I’m getting mileage out of yog in the rp matchup. D4 for turing on remotes. I wouldn’t lose a clonechip for a legwork at this point; I think 2 clone chip is too necessary in the current meta.

Yeah, these were my main concerns, too. I don’t think I could possibly give up the Legwork, which was always the best card in the old Reg’ Ass MaxX lists for me & has won me far too many games with Wyldcakes as well. CVS recursion is real, out of both NBN & HB (of which I am seeing some NEXT ICE versions), so that hurts virus-heavy lists a lot.

I like the idea of fitting in at least one Clone Chip and it, to some extent, reduces reliance on Faust even more (e.g. by being able to deal with Komainu or Swordsman at real speed). Also agree that 3x Gambit is simply too much; you’re cycling through your deck multiple times & showing the opponent everything in it, if they’re not playing around Gambit by the third time you play one, they’re probably not very good :open_mouth:

With Faust, I love when my opponents prerez their ash and basically show where agendas/traps are.
Or does not play their assets, sticking to their one remote, which is the signal for Utopia Deja Utopia, or Medium.

3x Queens would be 1x Queen / 2x Scrubber is a less wild version of my deck, I think people just don’t get that.

I play 3x Queens to have Queens a lot faster and asking the player to rez/not play assets faster in phase 1, when FaustWyldCake is not fully op and when you discard through Faust cost you much more than midgame.

They are kickstarters. They does a wonderful job, and are a great asset vs horizontal decks if they come back say 4-5 times.

In endgame, when you don’t need money anymore, they are food for Faust that you actually see, unlike Scrubbers that are staying on table.

Sure, you can fumble. But still I rather have them than not for what they imply even when you can’t play those.

Whizzard has been performing great for me, but I’ve recently started wondering if a very similar skeleton could do just as well in Maxx, possibly with added consistency. Here is my take on a vanilla Faust maxx.

Faust (45 cards)
– Event (0 cards)
3 Career Fair
1 Déjà Vu
1 Forked
3 I’ve Had Worse
1 Knifed
2 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Spooned
3 Sure Gamble
– Hardware (0 cards)
1 Clone Chip
2 Grimoire
– Program (0 cards)
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
3 Faust
2 Medium
1 Mimic
3 Parasite
– Resource (0 cards)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
3 Daily Casts
3 Liberated Account
2 Same Old Thing
3 Wyldside

Download Android Netrunner DeckBuilder for free at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shuneault.netrunnerdeckbuilder

Possible additions: Corroder, Clot, Hacktivist meeting, Nerve Agent. One ofs are an attractive notion, but I feel like maxx might crave the consistency of just loading up on copies of what she definitely needs rather than fun toys.

Can you handle asset decks without Imp or Scrubber?

This seems to be a major concern. Although you get some sweet recursion and even faster speed, without Scrubber or Imp you will have a bad time against asset play.

Stick to whizz if you are trying to do this style of deck and be competative (and I’m a MaxX diehard, just whizz is better for this style). If your are hell bent on playing MaxX in this style, you don’t really need all the ice destruction, just some of it. Here’s my old list, I would recommend taking out the ZU and putting in Yog and Parasite.

Been playing with this version and while I sometimes miss the 3 recurring credits, I find that early game I’m usually setting up with most clicks anyway, and maxx gives my speed, consistency, and versatility. Granted, in the current meta with asset spam decks, whizzard may be a better decision, but I’ve found Max to offer far fewer games where my engine stalls.
Faust (45 cards)
– Event (0 cards)
3 Career Fair
1 Forked
1 Hacktivist Meeting
3 I’ve Had Worse
1 Knifed
1 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Spooned
3 Sure Gamble
– Hardware (0 cards)