Durham, NC Regional July 18th 2015 - Discussion Thread

Batty did some pretty absurd things with Ichi and was otherwise just pretty good. I think by properly preparing before a run, or just running on click 2, shapers and anarchs can get away with losing something to batty, but it’s pretty disgusting nonetheless. If you don’t respect it, bad things can happen. I had a Ichi-Tollbooth server in swiss, and a Kate with an overloaded sucker and a mimic decided to parasite the Tollbooth and move in to nerf my remote on click 4. All three programs were promptly destroyed.

S U B O P T I M A L B O Y S

Decklists:

1 Like

Programs are a crutch.

-FFG ANR designer

3 Likes

Hardware new meta?

1 Like

Sac Construct new meta. It’s been with us all along, waiting.

Somebody make one of those “biding my time” memes of it

1 Like

@running_bear used to waste his spare andy inf on that one back in the day…

3 Likes

I was at the table next to @Webster during the final round of Swiss and it was hard to concentrate on anything other then his game (“ITS A SNAAAAARE”) No complaints, the entertainment value was worth.

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it. Nearly scored a slow-advanced 6-point beale as well.

4 Likes

How could I forget about that beale! Or the CI combo going off!!

Amazing play for the day on your part as well, Rob. Really well done.

1 Like

I should start posting on here i guess. Great showing this weekend. Needed to fade one more R&D turn against Dan in the finals. Can’t wait to see the video coverage to see where I could improve. See everyone at nationals in two weeks.

5 Likes

Durham Regional was great. Tons of fun. Store is amazing along with the staff. One of the best run regionals/competitive netrunner events I’ve ever been too. Wish I had more sleep before the event after getting in at 4:30 AM. Discarding plascrete against butcher shop in elimination seems like a bad play in retrospect lol. I honestly thought it was still in my hand…until I realized it wasn’t. I look through my heap like 3 times thinking “how did this get here?”

Every time I come to these tournaments I realize more and more its the people that make them worthwhile. Was great seeing @Webster (best entertainment ever), @hhooo (sad you’re moving), @dashakan (love seeing Jesse. always makes the entire gaming experience better), @PEsh (nice seeing you again after so long), and @mediohxcore (grats, wish we got to play in one of the rounds).

Wish someone from ATL (aside from @pacer) could have taken it down. Perhaps at nationals.

5 Likes

Waste? It was a 4th Faerie against Archer-heavy Weyland, it protected your Datasuckers from Power Shutdowns, and would just randomly be awesome in all sorts of different corner cases. That one-of Sac Construct was easily one of the best deckbuilding decisions I’ve ever made.

I heard if you don’t lose your clot to chronos it’s a lot easier to win against hbfa :slight_smile:

That’s how i lost to Chris in Swiss. I also pulled my trademark last click faceplant into Architect in that match. It was not my best performance of the day.

1 Like

I posted some of the elimination matches with added commentary to my Youtube, which can be found here:

Anyone looking to view the entirety of the recorded matches (without commentary) can find them here:

5 Likes