Dutch Nationals Saturday September 27th, The Hague

Netrunner is on the rise in the Netherlands. On saturday 27 th of September gameshop Het Spellenhuis is organising the Dutch National Championship. Let’s make this our first max capacity tournament. There are still 20 of 60 places available.

Info can be found here: http://nedrunner.nl/?p=158

Entering the tournament can be done here:

1 Like

I should be there. I hope I’ll get a better performance than during the French Nationals. Top6 isn’t enough :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And if anyone is worried about the competition, there was dutch (or dutch-based in my case :smiley: ) presence in Top8 regionals in German and Belgium.

So, bring your a-game :wink:

The tournament entry page appears to say that alt art Noise is the participation prize, at least according to Google translate. Is that a secret way to drum up attendance?

Also is the train from Amsterdam as reliable as seems to be implied? I kinda wanna go to this, but may not be able to get time off work on Friday, so may be looking at an early flight plus train.

Trains usually are reliable, but some weekends there are works on the tracks. Contact me (is there a PM functionality here?) and I can help you out more in detail. I am also going to be going there from Amsterdam…

There also were 3 belgians players in the top8 in the French Nationals :slight_smile: (and all 3 of us will probably be there for the Dutch Nationals, with probably a couple of other good players from Brussels, Antwerpen and Gent aswell)

I hope to be there too. I’ve just become a dad, so not 100% certain :wink:

If you need a ride, you might want to post on the Dutch netrunner forum:

http://netrunnernederland.forumer.nl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=122 this is the topic on the Nationals. People are very friendly and open to taking people with them in their ride, even if they come for our prices :blush:

Regarding the Noise alt art, it was already known, they were at the UK Nationals: http://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/2723nq/alt_art_noise_pic_from_uk_nationals_winner/

I hope to see people from Stimhack and of course our Croatian Whizzard, Stiv! Love you man, haha.

Argamas I’m flying are the times/dates set now, as I’d like to book flights. Any idea what time the event might finish? Is There a cap on entries? Thanks

This link would appear to say top 16 only get Noise art. Think the trny was originally 16 hence the mistake. Spellenwinkel en spellen café - koop je bij Spellenhuis.nl

The formatting on the link is terrible, but it does say Noise for all ( alle deelnemers). The T16 gets the acrylic agenda counters.

Maximum capacity is 60. The tourney is moved from the Spellenhuis to a nearby hotel: Hotel Court Garden, adress: Laan van Meerdervoort 96, 2517 AR Den Haag,

There is an international site with more info on the tourney: http://nedrunner.nl/?p=158

The event will probably be 5 rounds of Swiss and then top 8 double elimination as standard FFG tournament rules go. If we see lots of players attending, the Swiss rounds might be increased to 6 though. Rounds will go fast, with no more than 5 to 10 minutes delay in between, and with a break of 20-25 minutes after the 3rd round.

Ok. Holiday time, flights, and hotel booked. Brace for arrival of the Irish.

1 Like

Flights booked also i’m going from London. Fly in to Amsterdam Friday see you there!

1 Like

Small update: 56 people have joined. The whole EU almost there :smiley:

Not a single french, though ;). And there’s at least 10-15 really good french players :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just one spot remaining! So much excitement.

Any ideas yet as to what datapacks are going to be legal for this tournament? Will you guys just include Upstalk, or wait to se if the one after may be out in time?

We’re usually one month behind, so I think Upstalk will be legal

Well I don’t think that I’m among the top 10 french player but I’m planning to come with some friends.

But before I need some informations : how long is the tournament going to last ? We will come by trains so is it wise to arrive Friday evening et leave on Sunday ?
Also, are there nice things to see (or do) while in the city ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Will non Dutch nationals be eligible for the world’s bye?

@666Raziel info so far

The event will probably be 5 rounds of Swiss and then top 8 double elimination as standard FFG tournament rules go. If we see lots of players attending, the Swiss rounds might be increased to 6 though. Rounds will go fast, with no more than 5 to 10 minutes delay in between, and with a break of 20-25 minutes after the 3rd round.

With a Noon / 12.00 hours start I recon it will be late, if you come through into elimination

The Hague is a nice city: great beach, nice city centre, Mauritshuis with great old paintings, Madurodam a miniature Holland and more.

@lpoulter I’ve asked that question for you, hope to get back to you soon with an answer

1 Like

Is there any spot left for 2/3 players ?