Dutch Nationals Saturday September 27th, The Hague

I’ll ask about double elim.

It seems they missed it, it will be corrected. So double elim it is

Hello everyone, Constantine here (or Kelf, whatever you prefer). I will be the head judge for the Dutch Nationals Netrunner event.

All your questions can be answered through this post:
http://nedrunner.nl/?p=200

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them, I will try to reply as soon as possible.

So today is the big day :smile:

Baby stuff has kept me from serious practice and she woke me up three times (with a smile :wink:) so any above 60th place is welcome.

I’m gonna enjoy myself, meet some nice people and hope one of you guys win. Good luck!

I was gonna post a picture of me, but it crashed the site. So maybe next time…

1 Like

Hey man, we need that picture :smile:

Copy-paste of my post from NL forum:

Really well organized, judged and played tournament! Congrats to the organizer, to the judge and to everyone who participated.

Here’s a screenshot of scores after 6 rounds of swiss.
http://imgur.com/rnDble5

In top8 I quickly lost both games (again :roll: ) and was even able to get home on time :slight_smile:

http://imgur.com/hwe8prm

Awaiting final results…

1 Like

ff0x won. he so earned it. And i finally got my playmat. :wink:

4 Likes

I Like the way Alex, the eventual champion, is ghosting in the background.

1 Like

I tried to upload your picture but it would not fit the screen :wink:

It was a great tourney, kudo’s to the organisors and offcourse all players!

It was nice to meet @lpoulter, @ff0x and @Axul and many more.

Ff0x grats on the win, certainly after your 2-2 start. You had to claw your way back into contention, so good job.

1 Like

So, any of you gentlemen have any spare Noises you could send our way, for those less fortunate and unable to have a Nationals due to distributor bullshit?

I’d love to get a couple of 'em to have as prizes at a store tournament, that would certainly spark the interest of the local talent :smiley:

Hot damn! I got to beat Argamas at this tourney!? Damn. People should wear their internet nametags at these things. Now I feel I missed out on a chance to have you sign some of my stuff.

Awesome people at the tourney, and some seriously sound organisers. Next year let’s have an earlier start, a bigger bathroom, and at least one window, and I will bring an even bigger Irish contingent.

Thanks to everyone who took part!

4 Likes

So true, anyway it was great.

1 Like

Was a great tournament and a pleasure to meet such nice & good players during swiss and the top8. Special thx to the organizer and the judge.

Also special thx to the guy i played against in the last round of swiss if he is reading here, for me these where the two most fun games of the turney. (I was the guy with the Janus PE)

Btw.: Someone asked me for the decklist, i was nearly the same “From Jinteki with Love” i played at the german regionals. (-1 Inazuma, +1 Swordsman, -1 Subliminal, +1 Edge of the World)

And finaly grats to ff0x for winning the nationals, its always a pleasure to play against you. I think it should be mentioned your Andy Deck was played 5 times in the Top8.

2 Likes

I had a great day as well. Congrats to the winner. And a special thanks to the organisation, the judge and to my opponents. Great games all around. I didn’t know so many people were here on Stimhack as well. :slight_smile:

<-- The Dutch guy playing Chaos Theory and Tennin.

You were the big fatty from Cork?!

/hides

The very same.

In retrospect I realised that when Mr. Will Smith told me to bring the noise, he was talking about my core brash and flamboyant self, rather than giving deck advice.

Anyway, if the guy in the photo is the dude who won, I am willing to accept that result: he was a sound fella, and I am glad I was able to help in my small way with his quest to get to worlds.

But don’t let this appreciation for you people confuse you: next time there will be no mercy. Especially for trying to gain renown while usurping my name.

3 Likes

I lost out of self defense :blush:

I had an awesome time. Sad to have missed top 8 by making a terrible mistake in round 5 of swiss by not seeing I had the win in hand :blush:

I’ll sleep better knowing I flatlined the man who won it all in the end though :wink:

Special thanks to the TO and judge, they did a great job together. Also special thanks to all the people from abroad who made the trip from Ireland, Germany, Belgium and wherever else, it was nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

It was a great tournament with people from all over Europe. It was great to see a lot of people again and to meet even more. I enjoyed the event tremendously, especially how friendly everyone was. It always amazes me, what a great community netrunner has.

3 Likes

Had a great time! Started out really strong myself but in the thirth and 4th round I just dropped it, although I did kill 3 people with punitive must be a new tournament record. By the time the finals were over the store was more like a bar than a store!

It was great to meet all of you! See you in Aachen? :wink:

1 Like

I will be there for sure. :smile:

Not sure if this will fulfill your needs, but in 1,5 month I’m organizing a Netrunner tournament in Wrocław where, amongst other numerous prizes, there will be 3 Noises for top 3 players from countries that had no Nationals (which, unless someone really surprises me, will probably mean top 3 players from Czech Republic and Slovakia, so make sure your car is ready and get your crew here :smile: ). Detailed info in tournament thread in a moment.