European Nationals 2016 thread

Scandinavia still open for brits. However it seems that the reigning Greek champion (@lpoulter) will have to find a visa for this year’s tourney… #brexit

Greek nationals in September. More info once it is final.

1 Like

If you can finalise it not on the 17th or to clash with Nordics, then that’d be great :wink:

1 Like

It should be noted that any brexit will take a minimum of two years to complete.

2 Likes

Yeah, European championships just got a bit easer :wink:

It may be stating the obvious but Britain is still part of Europe, just not the EU which is simply a political construct.

Thanks for clearing that up! :+1:

1 Like

@rojazu Any chance you could update the OP with the latests dates.

as I’m on holiday (in Europe ironically) if someone could collate them all into a post I will copy and paste them up the top

1 Like

To be completely correct UK is still part of the EU, they just voted that they want to get out. But they didn’t leave yet.

Flights booked for Nordics and others for the longboat being recruited. Prepare your finest maidens and frothing horns of ale Sweden, you’ve got a great event to live up to after Denmark last year!

Also, I’ve not had any photos on how the carving of my throne is going as King of the Vikings, do let me know how that’s going. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, your first encounter with the Vikings last night was very succesfull :wink:

8 Likes

I could have assembled an England squad of nerdy Netrunner players that would have done better. #HostileTakeover

3 Likes

I’ve seen more emotion in a single psi game than in the England team last night. Maybe there’s an idea in that, Gary.

2 Likes

Spanish nationals will be on 24th/25th September, same as nordics.

At least, this year we got some early announcement.

Also, 2 days tournament.

Psi Games

2 Likes

UK Nationals details http://www.esdeviumgames.com/news-item/ffg-nationals-announcement/

400 (potential) players to a top 16 cut, gonna be fun!

Why do you say top 16 cut? Could be aggregated cut?

On the UK Facebook group, Laurie. Alec Thorne (Esdevium Fellow) reckoned it’d be top 16: “We will be running these events via the FFG advanced tournament structure. This means at 273+ players it’ll be a top 16 double elimination cut.”

1 Like

News regarding the Belgian National :
The TO will confirm within 10 days but it seems that the tournament will be held 17 to 18 september.