Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

I would take out x2 Big Brother and x1 Lily Lockwell. Big Brother is very conditional. Your ideal case is they don’t clear tags from News Team etc. and they go tagme in which case Big Brother is useless. If you 24/7 BN, you need two scored agendas, one of which is BN. This isn’t the most consistent thing in the world and Big Brother doesn’t really add much.

That’s been my (albeit limited) experience with Sync. You dedicate a lot of deck space to stuff that tags the runner because it syncs (ha) well with your ID ability. Finally you land a tag or two. Now what? If they don’t have any mitigation for Scorched you win, if they do, now a lot of your deck doesn’t do anything. Data Raven, Gutenberg, Big Brother, News Team, 24/7 are all useless. Maybe they help you get out a Big Beale but they can always just pillage R&D until they win. My gut feeling is that this type of play is probably better out of Haarp since you don’t lose so hard on R&D. There might be promise in Sync for a deck that uses NAPD/Ash/Etc. and closed accounts to keep the runner super poor. I don’t think tag punishment is Sync’s strong game, ironically, since runners are so loathe to take the expensive tags.

With x2 Psychographics, x3 Scorch with plenty of recursion, and x1 Closed Accounts, I think this deck should be able to close out against a runner going tagme.

1 Like

you would be surprised how consistently you can score a BN and any other agenda. So playing 24/7 is really easy.Big Brother is what allows you to Psychographics. with out the Big Brothers then the Psychos are nearly useless

If you think that way when you play scorch you will never win. you need to be positive and scorch them 6 times.

Archangel over R&D is very good and preventing people running too often with RDI or Medium. but not impossible obviously.

Why would you want to run NAPD or Ash? surely you play to your IDs positives. and for SYNC it’s tags. I do not like playing 4/2s when you can’t really make a solid server to protect it. but obviously closed accounts can give you that window.

I realise runner do not want to take the tags but you force them to have them with 24/7 and Big Brother. they then have a choice to make. clear the tags which is not cheap and very time consuming. or force their way into servers to win. Both of these options are fine by me. They will be broke or vulnerable.

1 Like

That’s the thing, Sync doesn’t make tagging easier, it just puts a greater economic burden on a runner who wants to ditch them and makes it easier to trash resources. To me that mean your best option is to fork the runner, they either remove the tags and bankrupt themselves, or you do it for them. Then you play cards that take advantage of a poor runner.

2 Likes

So in that style of deck would you play more than one Closed Accounts

I like the idea that you are talking about, but I feel that that it would take a complete rebuild to pull that off. 3 NAPD
2 or 3 Ash
maybe 2 Closed Accounts
Pop Up Window
etc

My main thought is 3x Big Brother is overkill. The great thing about SYNC, discussed further up the thread, is that the smaller deck size makes it easy to draw into your cards. I found myself cutting multiple copies of conditional cards (Psycho, All Seeing I, etc.) in my lists because I was constantly drawing into seconds & discarding them. Jackson & Lily (who I like in this list, 2-of seems solid) make it insanely easy to find just what you want, so you can save a lot of space by cutting some operations. I see only 5 economy cards (counting Explodie, which maybe should be an NAPD without Midseasons) so if you find yourself clicking for credits often, I’d add more of those.

2 Likes

after writing this response I noticed the thread had moved. Sorry ‘SneakySly’ if that was wrong of me to make a new thread. My build just seemed different from what you were talking about here.

All of the above are great points and ideas. I think you could be correct about dropping 1 Big Brother and NAPD instead of Explode-a-palooza is a good point. the defence of NAPD is just stickly better to be fair.

so
-1 Explode, -1 Big Brother
+1 NAPD, +1 Hedge fund?

yup, exactly the changes I was thinking

I also swapped one Psychographics for a Hedge Fund too.
The runner needs to have some tags for the Psycho to work so one with Miss Lockwell seems fine. and to be honest the Scorch plan can be so fast that the runner doesnt have time to get a plascrete a lot of the time.

1 Like

Well a SYNC deck just made front page of netrunnerDB so there’s bound to be more discussion now.

Also can’t wait for NRDBir to tear it apart.

Also, I find that Noise is a bit hard to handle if he manages to mill agendas and FA tools. A raven over archives can help but eventually you just deck out or he parasites it and runs without the tag. Advice?

2 Likes

This one did well at the recent Singapore nationals:

Piloted by the previous poster!

:smile:

1 Like

Woo, derived from mine!

In my (admittedly more limited than yours) experience against Noise, it’s possible to play the NA game behind a 2 deep remote. Generally Wrap//Raven is ideal, but Berg will do in a pinch. The important thing is to stop him from building up critical mass of sucker tokens to stop him from parasuckering the tag ice on the remote. We’ve all seen Noise Faust through Wraparounds before, so Wrap alone isn’t a reliable defence.

FA’ing out is still of course an option, but I feel that if he finds his Clot early with CC backup your CVS’es are better served blocking Archives runs and stopping the parasucker.

I’ve been debating cutting the 3rd Jackson for a 2nd Fast Track (especially after my embarrassing loss to Iain at the last GNK, shame, shame!), but the Noise matchup is swingy enough, and I’m not sure if it’s the right call.

Long-time lurker and newish Netrunner player finally persuaded to start posting here. I’ve been trying out variations on these Sync decks and really enjoying them. Apologies if it’s a daft question, but how are people playing the Shaper matchup? An early SMC seems to make it tricky to rush out a quick Astro, and if your remotes are locked down from the start it’s very hard to build momentum.

I’ve tried bluffing it out with Jacksons or News Teams, but the deck’s ICE is so lightweight that even if they fall for it they can often still afford to run the next turn when you’d want to replace it with a real agenda. If you can’t threaten to score then they can just start pillaging your centrals, and at that point the News Teams and QPMs are just delaying the inevitable.

In theory I guess you can force them to blow SMC on a Wraparound, say, then stick an Enigma in front of it. But there’s so little hard ETR ice that I’ve rarely got more than one piece in hand. Or am I doing it wrong, and should I rely on Data Raven + the cost of SYNC tags to protect a scoring remote? Any tips much appreciated!

Raven behind Enigma or Wrap is a good server to start Install Advancing QPM. If you manage an early Astro, you can threaten 3 point Beale with a single Advance. Second CVS has also helped.

@Jai, Play the second Fast Track, it’s incredibly important in my experience.

Raven on the remote is essential. Wraparound / Resistor + Raven is pretty much all you need, maybe another Raven if the game goes long.

I may have already said this on the thread, but Casting Call is a great way to score out an early astro, or even a GFI. In my games, the times I have the money, the midseasons, and the CC+Agenda is very often. I also just bluff it out without the midseasons. Here’s the decklist I have been using. I’ve had great success online and in my meta.

SYNCographics

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Global Food Initiative •••
3x Quantum Predictive Model

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard
2x News Team

Upgrade (1)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (16)
2x Casting Call
3x Celebrity Gift ••••• ••••
1x Closed Accounts
3x Hedge Fund
2x Midseason Replacements
2x Psychographics
3x Sweeps Week

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor

Code Gate (3)
2x Enigma
1x Turing •••

Sentry (7)
2x Data Raven
2x Gutenberg
1x Information Overload
2x Turnpike

15 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’m going to try swapping out a jackson for a fast track.

1 Like

Jackson => Fast Track might be my next change, though I’m considering cutting the second Psycho instead. Maybe it’s just my meta, but in my experience the runner only starts going yolo-tagme when you’re already at 5 points and running low on creds for any form of FA whatsoever. And in other games the guy just gets NACH Critic on like turn 3 and literally half your ice doesn’t do anything, not to mention the News Teams. Okay, the News Teams still hurt them, but still…

1 Like