Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

I’ve done that too. Same reasons. Players are starting to learn to not immediately go tag-me, so while psycho is good, it’s usually a hold-me-until-needed.

My experience has been that, in the matchups where you want to play Psycho (DLR mainly), you want to play 2 of them, and you don’t particularly want to rely on Jackson to get a single copy into your hand twice.

So we’re defo not dropping our biotics or our astro’s. Which means we gotta free up three INF by dropping the blue level and the crisium. What are your guys thoughts on the most worthy replacements?

minus 1 biotic +1 sansan, keep the astros

1 Like

Or lose blue level, archived if you include SanSan as well (which you should imo) - up the amount of jackson and psycho to compensate for slower draw.

I’d rather stick to the no SanSan list as OP, but maybe, worth a test. I’m just trying to get some group-think on what to replace the blue level and crisium with. Don’t wanna drop astros at all XD. What I meant was blue level and crisium can be dropped, but what to replace them with. Hard to spot in-house anti-siphon tech and I suppose anonymous tip isn’t too bad against the blue level.

Targetted Marketing is maybe worth a shout as… kind of anti siphon tech? It doesn’t stop the runner gaining the creds (which is less of an issue in Sync as they’re subsequently spending 6 to remove the tags, or floating them and risking your tag punishment sticking), but at least insulates you against the credit loss. Plus it can maybe fire off (or control the runner) even in none-siphon match ups.

Remove AM / GLC, add 3rd Jackson and Subliminal. Here you go.

3 Likes

We can also maybe cut Cyberdex, given that I expect Clot and Clone Chip to occur together far less often going forward.

Possible, but Kate will still run clot and ~2 clones. It gets easier, but you still need cvs. I am still running 2.

If you can get a average economic start, Restructure is not bad at all. I’ve been testing 3, but had to cut most of the flex slots to do so. Although 2 is probobly correct. You can put the Tollbooth back in, and put something that isn’t kitty in your remote!

I did this for a good while, and it was decent. Mainly though, I was using Tollbooth to shut of R&D from kate and Noise Medium locking me down. It’s also fantastic against Keyhole MaxX (which has a STRONG matchup against this deck if you can’t find Wraparound early enough). I think I once tried to score behind Tollbooth against Noise, and he just ignored it and ran R&D and imped my hand.

So here’s an updated list I’ve been running post NAPD. Looks like we all have to pay the Jackson tax >.<

The News Team (Post MWL)

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (14)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

12 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

I personally prefer keeping Archived Memories over Blue Level Clearance, as it seems so much more flexible, and 3 JHows should be sufficient dig. Also, I find that 1 SFSS does allow some really fun plays.

Interested to know what other changes would you guys recommend, and remember to have fun annoying the living heck out of the guy opposite you ^.^

SYNC Biotics was my own personal deck to beat for SC season before the MWL, and it remains so, especially with Foodcoats taking a hit. I would appreciate some pointers by those more experienced than me on how to beat the deck, specifically as L4J Whizzard. I have barely more than 10 games of the match-up under my belt, but it feels very draw dependent. I have played very few close games so far; most end with me at 8-2 minus a News Team, or me at 0 or lower versus the Corps three Astro’s and a 15 Minutes. I am wondering whether others have found the match-up to be especially RNG dependent. It is very likely I am taking the wrong lines. Typically my approach is to apply Datasucker pressure as early as possible to be prepared to Parasite the Data Ravens ASAP. I aim for end-game Medium dig, getting RND accesses until then whenever they are reasonable. Otherwise, I try to find all the answers I need (Corroder for Resistor; Atman; D4v1d for Gutenberg) without sacrificing too much tempo, poking HQ when I can and trying to keep remote play honest. Turntable helps a lot, but the games I get blown out are games where I never access an agenda after Turntable comes down. My only thought is to include a Clot to help with this match-up, but I am down to 2 Clone Chips, and they are already stretched thin in this match-up.

Any help is appreciated. This deck is so difficult to beat!

ps: I will go tag-me when I need to, but it’s only out of sheer desperation. The L4J shell is so dependent on resource economy that I can’t imagine it is advisable to go tag-me as anything but a last resort. Furthermore, I am respecting the QPM as potential victory for the Corp during tagged Medium digs. Does anyone advise taking a more YOLO approach to this match-up?

Play 1-2x keyhole in your deck. Problem solved.

1 Like

Eater/Apocalypse MaxX actually does kinda good against this deck (Keyhole and other shenanigans). As does anything which hates it enough to bring a dorm computer or two.

Clot, while narrow, may be the best in faction answer to this matchup for L4J, as keyhole will further burden your MU.

1 Like

Nexus Kate is what I’m finding pretty tough.

Keyhole is a problem for Sync psycho. Nexus Kate is also a bit of a problem if they can get set up (clot threat usually lets them get there and they don’t care one iota about tags). Noise is an easier matchup than before slightly, but your deck size is against you still.

1-2x Hunting Grounds would get nicely around Data raven and also do work in most other matchups vs the ubiquitous Tollbooth. in addition it turns off popups/turnpikes in NBN, trolls troll, and neuters grails & komainu (which both may make a short lived comeback until people realize that parasite is just too good to drop). finding the influence/slots as ever is difficult though.

Sync is usually operation dependant, so if you want to stick with LFJ but can’t fit in Keyhole, I’d go with an Imp.