Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

I am running 2, but it’s not enough. You can’t always find them in time. This is the same reason that I’m not sure slotting anything will help much. I think I either have to accept the shaky match-up or switch to a different deck with a better SYNC match-up

I assume you’re using Grimoire but would Turntable be too much of a hit? I personally am afraid of the console because of the obvious reasons of GFI and Astro, but it also stops me from ever wanting to over advance Beale unless it’s for the win.

Honestly, if you are that concerned about the Psychobiotics Matchup, you should be playing reg Valencia, if for no other reason than to have an excuse to play the Wyldcakes engine. It took a small hit because of MWL, but most people had already dropped the Desperado’s. It runs a Clot, and sometimes SMC, as well as Turntable. A small problem is that you have a pretty bad Haarp matchup.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been running Turntable for awhile; I’m a huge fan of the card and won’t be playing Grimoire again any time soon.

I definitely need to try it before I voice my assumed issues with the list. At 50 cards though, it seems possibly more difficult to find those pieces in time. And I don’t know what I’d drop for SMC; I certainly wouldn’t play Netrunner right now without Atman. I consider it a necessity in all 3 factions.

But like I said, I need to actually play Valencia Junk before I spout off.

Nexus Kate also would not be the worst choice in the world. If you can set up fast enough, you simply walk by most pieces of ICE while singing the “trololol” song.

3 Likes

With the 3 Peddler, 3 IHW, 3 Wyldside, 2 Chronotype draw engine, surprisingly not. It’s not like you don’t have time, the threat of Blackail really slows the corp down.

If you think you can find room, DDoS might be a good choice. It synergises with career fair, and provides early pressure by letting you ignore our tagging ICE for a whole turn. It can also help on your yolo medium runs :>

1 Like

Yeah, DDoS has been a big pain when I’m trying to rush that early QPM or Astro behind a raven. Keyhole really has been the biggest pain to combat against, if I were running anarch, I’d make sure it could fit Keyhole.

Having trouble deciding between cutting the AM or BLC. AM is a nice way to rescue something out of the garbage (usually a psycho or fasttrack…but honestly 2 copies of each has helped that a lot). Leaning towards keeping the BLC.

I would love to get 1 to 2 copies of SfSS in, but unsure of what to cut…that or picking up a second CVS. I figure Subliminal is the weakest card in the deck, but I’m not sure on that.

Sfss is kinda in the same space as psycho. Both can sit in hand for a long time. One sfss is usually enough; the second cvs is almost always good.

Nexus Kate has been wrecking me. Having to double stack Ravens on a remote once the Nexus is up and running is annoying and Gutenberg becomes a 2-credit tax and resistor is garbage.

I’ve been defaulting to the FA strategy to force the clot and delay the setup a bit and I did pick up the second CVS to deal with it, but damn that is a tough match.

Atman at 4 or 6 also makes me sad.

It becomes a very expensive game with only 7 econ cards even with 3 Jackson. I almost want the sublimnal back, but the second CVS is needed.

How have you all been dealing with Nexus Kate?

Play NEH until she puts Astrolabe back in the deck.

I play 2 product placement, so with those and news team, I can bait quite a bit of play. I’ve also cut out resistor in my current build, it has too many cards that counter it. But as far as playing goes, you just have to double up ravens, like you said.

You have to force her to make clot. Sometimes, she will decline to clot on install of a remote and you can sfss → astro token. In any Kate matchup now, you need to rush. Keep making her do other things than Mopus and draw. It’s an unfavorable matchup unless you draw astro + biotic early.

Keep the same deck, but add two SanSan and 2 pad/marked accounts? Swap resistor for something?

Tried two copies of Product Placement, but decided it wasn’t worth it.

Maybe it can bait the run/clot, but only 4 credits in a game seemed ‘meh’ to me.

1 Like

Yeah prod placement isn’t worth it. You need more substantial econ. Deck slots in the 44 are also at a premium.

Just wanted to drop in and say the agenda suite out of SYNC is crazy. I finished a game with every agenda in my deck on the board where I still won; runner had 1 astro, 1 beale, 2 GFI and a QPM, plus 3 News Teams, and I had 2 astros, 15 min, and the other 2 QPM. #datadealernewmeta

I made a couple of little errors in the game due to being divided between work and Jinteki, like trying to psycho out a GFI when I was one tag short and leaving myself on 3 creds with a Data Raven over QPM. Still, I’m constantly impressed by the deck, the only time I’ve lost was to Kim who turntabled my two (TWO!) scored Astros with tokens away. I guess I was asking for that, though, with a tricksy agenda-point deck.

1 Like

I have provisionally added Data Dealer to my Leela deck to fight against this exact thing. News Team is such a powerful card, and if Sync stays the big NBN deck in my meta I’ll probably keep DD in.

You kind of figure it would have any of the downsides other on-access traps have (credit cost, limitations on where it triggers, low-impact) but I guess the fast advance, taxing, consistency faction should be the trap faction too. /salt

1 Like

I’m loving the product placement, it gets to a point where if it’s late game and you install on RnD, the runner usually doesn’t trash. What are you using instead for more substantial econ?