Exile

have you played any games with this deck or is it still untested. I am interested in hearing how it performs under different circumstances. At first glance it seems that it may take a bit of time to get to the programs into the heap without any card draw.

1 Like

I’ve been down the alpha/omega path in deck construction before, seems alright, but without datasucker, expensive. If you haven’t tested it, do so and let us know how it goes. Looks like a pretty solid list, I’m a fan of knight in shaper.

I would just drop 1 alpha and 1 omega for 2 atman. AI everywhere

Heh somehow I pulled 95% of your cards making my deck, and same choices, but I slotted an extra Astrolabe over the Paricia, since it is a big meta call. Memory ends up being kinda limiting if you need the breaker room. But I can see it will be big in doing things like stopping Sansan and NEH Asset plays. I can see the use of Modded as well. It helps drop the R&D interfaces without having to spend another 2 clicks for money.

Inject Exile

Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Event (17)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Freelance Coding Contract (Creation and Control)
2x Inject (Up and Over) ••••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Net Celebrity (The Spaces Between)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (10)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
1x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Icebreaker (9)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Faerie (Future Proof) •••
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (9)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) ••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
1x Paricia (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Part of me wants Net Celeb just to wipe ELP or even CS before a key play, QT just because if we don’t have our draw triggers then we would be wasting more time drawing. And 2 Mem chips because drawing a second mem in this setup would be great while a second lab would not.

I had a random thought of running a Mimic and a Gingerbread, since looking at the list of Sentries there are only 3 that are not either a destroyer, tracer, or AP, and the two fill in fairie influence, but then realized Fairie is just better in a scrap than either of those two.

1 Like

Paricia only works on assets:

3 Likes

I think you could cut an akamatsu for RDI, since RnD lock is really hot right now, and I’m not sure if you play like me and the deck’s designer, but your rig should not be static enough to need that much MU. If you do, then arguably -2 akamatsu +2 leprechaun would be better, giving you more freelance targets once you have 1 leprechaun online. Try out that change, its pretty strong.

And as above, you can’t trash sansan with paricia, but you can trash all the RP bullshit.

I like your event spread, once lady comes out, I might swap out corroder for inject, make another tough cut and have 2 also. I do think net celeb might be more helpful than it first appears too.

I think one same old thing is good in this deck in case you lose LARLA to random damage. 46 cards should be no big deal.

Derp, forgot about that line.

Well I guess until we go back to pure Operation Economy, I guess i can see some use. Otherwise this is what I would swap for that 3rd RDI.

Leprechaun had the issue of timing destroyer weakpoint, but with the amount of reinstallation Exile should be doing it shouldn’t be a problem to rehost.

Yea I have had a time when a random damage took out the singleton LARLA before, and it’s a reasonable include. The problem becomes when that draw becomes dead otherwise.

Why not…
“Injectile” ? :smile:

5 Likes

I has no pun game.

So my inner deck builder and desire to try new things has gotten the better of me. I’m leaving the Exile for now but will be back once those cerberus breakers are officially released. Good Luck to all my fellow Streethawks :slight_smile:

Have you ever tried playing Wyldside without Aesop?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Maybe 1/5 times it became annoying, but not game-ruining.

For those still interested in this, after rather extensive testing, inject is solid, but only as a 3-of, and at that point you’re giving up 6 influence, which takes some hardcore tools out of your toolbox, making you less efficient over all. There needs to be a while new exile type that still uses tons of programs to make it work well, I have to say that this means that more cards need to come out to fill the influence spots.

Verdict: Stick to 3x diesel 3x QT and 2x FCC in DH.

Post worlds and next datapack, I’ll try to work out the kinks of a doggie deck.

1 Like

Why would it only be good as a 3 of?

You can only dedicate so many slots for draw, and you have to modify when and why you’re playing the draw cards too much due to FCC.

For instance, Do I inject after dieseling when I have 1 FCC, so I draw non programs, causing me to either discard already held programs without FCC, or I discard valuable hardware/events.

I’ve found it better to be all or nothing, quality time up with FCC in hand to find programs to toss, or inject to dig for CC/test run/RDI, what have you. Getting a mix makes bursting with FCC a tough call.

That said, I did experiment with modded in place of FCC, and that worked quite well to save tempo. So if you want to inject, cut quality time or diesel, add astrolabe over 1 akamatsu, and you should be about even on draw power, and save yourself not using FCC due to less programs being in hand.

That said, maybe its purely my preference on how I run the deck, I don’t know.

I agree with your assessment on Inject which is why I’m stepping away from the Exile for now. The influence hit is too much for the deck to absorb. That being said, I really love inject…at one influence :wink:

Ah, well that’s more that FCC and Inject don’t work well together.

I mean, I guess so, I don’t envision the deck without FCC, thus inject doesn’t work with the deck. Im absolutely open to someone else testing though, maybe my hands are far too dirty to change.

Well got the Cerberus breakers, here’s my current test case.

Injecxile

Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Event (16)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Freelance Coding Contract (Creation and Control)
3x Inject (Up and Over) ••••• •
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Net Celebrity (The Spaces Between)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Icebreaker (10)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Faerie (Future Proof) •••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (11)
2x Leprechaun (Upstalk)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) ••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
1x Paricia (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

RIght now Cerberus’s one issue is getting past the cheap ice becomes a waste of a token. It can still sit for a wraparound, which should be easy to kill with a parasite. I did burn 3 tokens just getting through an Ice wall for an R&D dig. Thinking a single Inti might help.

Is it really wasting it? Its how you plan to deal with barriers. You’re trading off power against medium and even large barriers for free but feelbaddy breaks against small ones (only bad because it doesn’t have 2 subs). You’re still breaking for free, and you have plenty of recursion effects. I’d say if you’re using it to break barriers, you’re doing fine. I wouldn’t burn the slot on inti.