Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

EBC? :smile:

1 Like

Had a rough PAX tournament with Nasir/RP, where I ended up winning against Iain/Argus, but losing to Noise/NEH Butchershop and Noise/HBFA :frowning:

I think you just have to mulligan for SMC in those matchups (I saw a total of 1 the whole tournamentā€¦)

I didnā€™t get scorched, like youā€™d think against NEH Butcher, I just lost due to early double astroscript and no SMC to threaten clot.

The HBFA player was recurring CVS and ruining my day trying to imp and parasite everything. It was pretty gross.

Thatā€™s why I ditched Imp after all, CVS is popular ā€“ I think many Corp decks run one, even if they donā€™t FA, and FA might run two. I decided to go for Scrubber instead.

A few of us here have been testing drug dealer nasirā€¦ With a loaded PW and clone chips, as well as frequently using Kati for key econ, he can juggle his credits pretty well so he doesnā€™t lose any to the dealer during his turn. If you can squeeze the influence in, theyā€™re a great alternative to Earthrise.

Certainly fits in the Nasir Faust build, and with Film Critic Nasir can seriously threaten remotes and centrals while having basically zero cash. Something Iā€™m sure Damon hinted at yonks ago!

Justā€¦ Yā€™know, lay off the drugs every once in a while, hey nasir? Itā€™ll cost you in the long run.

1 Like

You still need a way to deal with Ash, Film Critic or no.

Trashing it seems to work. If itā€™s defending a remote with an agenda I might need to run, trash it, then Stimhack.

Or just pummel R&D.

Insta RnD lock is generally where I have my best games with Nas. Pinpoint remote runs, not so much.

2 Likes

You can threaten the remote ā€“ up to a point. Caprice Nisei and Marcus Batty pretty much eliminate remote play for all runners (unless you Vamp). Ash is an added complication that is unusually painful for Nasir. Letā€™s be honest here, most of your points come from centrals whatever your identity.

2 Likes

Yeah absolutely right. I guess they just feel a little more frustrating here, but you spot on. I do love my first click RDI, second click run RnD with Nas though.

the flip side of this is that corps seem more likely than ever to try to rush out agendas behind one or two ICE - and especially as Nasir that old ā€œNasir is easy to shut downā€ mentality tends to make people way too ballsy, when in reality a Nasir with just a few flexibility tools can get in once almost anywhere. That said, yeah. once the upgrades start piling up itā€™s pretty much an RnD game.

The idea in this deck (and with Prepaid Kate as well, to some degree) is to threaten the remote in the early-game so you can buy time to set up your rig and then R&D dig.

If you havenā€™t tried splashing Drive By in Nasir, give it a shot. Nobody ever pre-rezzes stuff against you, and it almost guarantees an agenda the first time.

For a while I was playing 1 Drive By instead of Legwork and it was strong. Thinking about adding one back.

Reminds me of Valencia. Remote threat by (multiple) Blackmails, all the while you set up and also increase central pressure (Medium / Parasite / Imp)ā€¦

Iā€™m confused, how does it guarantee an agenda?

There are two runner strategies right now, R&D dig and Noise :-/

Call me naive, but I believe Valencia is the third runner strategy.
Due to Blackmail you got remote control, and given the right utility events
(Indexing, Blackmail) you got pressure on all centrals. Hell, Clot is in faction.

1 Like

Right, thatā€™s the same strategy.

Essentially remote is going to have Caprice or something in it, and your Blackmail is not going to help you, and HQ will be empty. You want to set up R&D pressure before they can draw their agendas and either FA them or put them in a remote.

1 Like

Matters that you have breakers, but if you can rid youself of ash/caprice, you have pretty good odds.

2 Likes

Thanks for putting up commentated videos. Iā€™ve only had time so far to watch the first few. Itā€™s seemed from those games that you may be underutilizing Oreder of Sol when you have PW out and running on low clicks.

Interesting, could you elaborate? Am I on 1c and missing OoS opportunities? Or do I have more than 1c and Iā€™m stashing them? Also, do you remember what was on PW? Sometimes if itā€™s Atman or Chameleon (or if Iā€™m low on MUs) I donā€™t want to accelerate it.

Thank you for the feedback, one of the motivations behind posting these videos is hearing comments and ideas on game play.

2 Likes

I found that it was the second game. You draw all 3 RDIā€™s early and host them on PW. You get Sol turn 1/2 and youā€™re hovering around 1 credit for the first part of the game, but just let the counter come of RDI over 4 turns instead of using Sol.

Iā€™m not used to the Jinteki interface, so maybe I missed it.

2 Likes