Fast HB

From playing Weyland Rush, Enigma is definitely what you’re looking for: An ETR that punishes facecheck. (Rototurret also does this, but it’s broken way too easily nowadays.)

if i was gonna build a fast paced HB list

3/2s and NAPDs

Hedge, Blue Level, Lateral, SFSS, Jeeves, Maybe 1x Sublim

An Ash or 2 maybe, just as a tax?

Fairchilds Architect Eli and Ichi 1… then just cheapo ice? 17 ice prob?

2x biotic probably?

I dunno. Just simple stuff.

I think both magnet and enigma get swapped out for fairchild 2.0 once that comes out–really nice piece of ice for never-advance. The idea of the deck isn’t so much to gear check the runner, its to force them to choose to either risk letting you score, or to lose a ton of tempo and maybe just hit a jackson or advanced assembly line. Taxing them some combination of 2 clicks, 4 credits, or 2 cards is great, and the brain damage is just icing on the cake. Plus, its nice to have bioroids that can’t be spooned for free.

thinking about it a lil more, i just threw together what i would test first… maybe something like this? - Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

we actually tested this exact list last night and yeesh, it’s pretty annoying (as Andy good stuff). I might have been very unlucky on R&D accesses (15 or so accesses for 1 agenda) in one game that I felt I should have gotten, but in the other one all the ice actually made it quite annoying to make money. Without clot this deck looks like it could be super annoying, though with clot/clone chip/sac con I think this deck will struggle (so v Kate and Hayley decks atm). CVS is pretty much a must. But yeah the deck is pretty fast and fun. I’ll be continuing to try and beat it with Andy, I think I just need to get my breakers to run R&D regularly, but yeah…it’s a struggle. Rumour mill obviously hits this deck a little bit, but not as badly as you’d think seeing as you have biotic to score out of hand (again, clot, but yeah)

EDIT: Also been thinking that if playing a 1 pointer, chronos project is prob better than pet project in a big event. Maybe.

I worry that with siphon spam/DDOS anarch decks getting more popular, all of the bioroids and porous ice could be a liability. There’s only 5 ice in the deck that actually stop a first click blind siphon, and it only gets worse once DDOS is in the mix. Maybe its okay, you just double ice HQ early? Would love to hear other people’s experience with the Minh maxx/ siphon Null/ Val matchup.

I took a version of Ben Ni’s deck to GenCon (only changed the Fairchild 1.0 for Vanilla) and it did pretty well, it only dropped two games for josh01 and eric_c (both with Whizz cutlery). I played against Webster’s Null Siphon and I got lucky he never found his Yog (which makes this deck pretty sad). I didn’t play against any DLR MaxX deck, but you want to double HQ, preferably with a Turing. Also, the deck has 1 Crisium Grid that slows them down a lot. I’m even considering cutting 1 Architect for another Crisium, but Architect is just so good…

2 Likes

So now that temujin is out, coupled with several high link runners, ash feels fairly useless.

Any suggestions for what to replace it with?

I’m actually tempted by corporate troubleshooter. It doesn’t see much play but could be enough of a surprise element to get you one score.

Or maybe just more ice and econ, what are people’s thoughts?

I haven’t been playing much recently, but I’m not sure temujin is a real problem for Ash. Rushy HB has quite a lot of cheap, taxing ice, so it seems like you can lock down all your servers and reduce the gain from temujin considerably–if you have a fairchild 2.0 on archives, they can’t really make money running it for temujin. You don’t have open remotes for them to choose either. As for link, I don’t see that as such a big issue either–you only want to trace them once or twice, so if they spend the time and tempo installing 3 rabbit holes just to cost you an extra 3 credits on the ash trace, that’s a tempo win for you.

If anything, rumour mill seems like a bigger issue, but I think I’d be willing to play 2 Ash’s regardless–not everyone plays it, they still need to find and play rumour mill, and you can always fast advance an agenda to clear it and force them to recur it.

2 Likes

All good points, thanks!

I’m a pretty big fan of a singleton Troubleshooter in general though, especially if during testing you’re finding that the Runner wins with only a few credits left… David’s a point against Troubleshooter, but that’s why you use it on an Ichi or Rototurret that forces them to clear the David for it.

1 Like

Most of the times, I use Ash more as a remote bait than an defensive upgrade. So, it’s nice that it has this dual role in the deck.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking/feeling - winning a money war against runners is so hard these days. But troubleshooter is often not a money war and just a case of boosting something out of mimic/yog range. And it works as a remote bluff just as well as ash if they can get in regardless

I’m kind of new to HB, but I’ve been wanting to make a hybrid ETF deck for a while now. Anyone have some helpful advice for this list?

Hybrid ETF

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (13)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (5)

10 influence spent (max 15-5★=10, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Business First

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I don’t have Lateral Growth so I slotted Restructure and Peak Efficiency instead. Decided to go with the NEXT suite mixed with Bioroids. Shipment and Efficiency Committee give me other outs for scoring out of hand. Worst case scenario Shipment saves me money on scoring out normally.

Any tips or criticism? I haven’t tested it yet. Gonna sleeve it up for play tonight.

I’m personally inclined to go with all 3/2 and 4/2 agendas in an HB rush just because of the ability to Never-Advance them off the table with Biotic. Especially since you can turn that into more FA with Efficiency Committee. I’d swap the Global Foods to NAPDs and throw in another Vitruvius, personally. You could stand to drop an ice for the slot for this. I dislike Peak Efficiency and would rather have another Restructure. I’d try to throw in a third Biotic Labor. That’s one of the best FA tools in the game. If you needed more influence for something I think you could replace Popup Windows with something else, and get rid of the Targeted Marketing (but they’re otherwise fine includes).

Those are my initial thoughts.

1 Like

I put together a straight-up Fast Advance HB deck, utilizing San San. I still believe that Breaker Bay + Campaigns is the best way to make money in HB, so I included those. Lateral Growth/Advanced Assembly Lines just don’t have the same potential gain to be worth it, IMO.

Fast HB

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
1x Advanced Concept Hopper (Kala Ghoda)
3x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●

Upgrade (7)
3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ★★●●●●● ●

Operation (8)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ★★
1x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (5)
1x Ravana 1.0 (The Liberated Mind)
2x Turing (Breaker Bay)
2x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (5)
2x Architect (Up and Over) ★★
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Sherlock 2.0 (23 Seconds)

9 influence spent (max 15-6★=9, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I’m really, really happy with the ice suite here. I feel like I have taxing stuff, and all of the Code Gates are >3 strength since I’ve been seeing Yog a lot more recently. The only one I might consider changing is Heimdall, but I can’t think of anything else I’d rather have (maybe you can?). I would love to have two NAPDs but I can’t see a good place to drop influence. I’d consider dropping one San San for two NAPDs, Heimdall → Eli, and another Architect (probably dropping one Cyberdex for the slot), but I’m uncomfortable with that since I like it for enabling Fast Advance 4/2s when used with Biotic Labor and I want to see it early. I like Corporate Sales Team for the 4/2 FA, since it basically refunds its FA cost. Neato!

I wanted to drop any card that is turned off by Rumor Mill (besides Jackson) to limit its effectiveness. It’s also nice because all my econ can go to FA, rather than having to worry about Ash.

Anyways, I tried it out last night and enjoyed it. I’d be curious to see how others tweak it.

As an aside, I dislike Advanced Assembly Lines and would rather have it be more Restructures, Lateral Growth or Blue Level Clearances, if you are avoiding the Campaigns. This is for a few reasons: AAL can be easily trashed from R&D with a cost of only 1 credit, losing you that money and not costing the runner much at all. Restructure is just more consistent for that reason alone. Lateral Growth lets you install agendas, so you can use it on FA turns where you were otherwise low on credits (good for screwing up a Runner’s mental math on your FA capability). Finally, I’d rather have the draw from Blue Level Clearance, rather than the install from AAL.

This deck (published in January) is an awesome starting point:

I started here and made some minor adjustments based on newer cards, and am VERY happy with how it plays out:

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/760327

Lots of runners are too slow to keep up with this nowadays.

Do you install Sponsorships in a new remote? I feel like this deck has a terrible matchup against Temujin crims in general (especially Andy because of her fast setup), unless you can fire a very juicy ABT.

1 Like

Hi pal

It’s quite easy to set one up in a remote with a single piece of ice in front of it. Most of my servers have 1-2 ice only, with up to three on the scoring remote potentially. I played against Temujin three times, twice out of Shaper and once via Andy. I narrowly lost the Andy game, but that was due to a huge mistake I made- and even then I got to 6 points.

More generally, the deck is super fast and can score out before many runners have time to find their breakers, even if they have good economy. It hardly taxes their economy in any event.

Hope to see some more Andy though, so I can assess the match-up better :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s crazy, congrats! Maybe I’ll leave my midrange stuff for rushier shores :smiley: