Fast HB

TBH I fear Inside Job more out of Criminal, but luckily (for me) the ones I played against either weren’t using it or didn’t see it.

I gave this deck several games yesterday. Everyone’s playing some variety of Andromeda on Jnet these days and ultimately with so much economy and so many powerful tools like Siphon, Inside Job, Contract, Legwork, Turning Wheel, I don’t feel this deck stands much of a chance, fast or no fast. It’s a shame, I love the flexibility of fast HB.

I am currently 8-2 on Jinteki, including the game where I really messed up. Legwork was okay I found since agendas tended not to get stuck in hand. Inside Job is the worst! And massive R&D digs hurt so we gotta win before they start with those. Oh, and Account Siphon is a pain too! But on the other hand, we can cause them problems too. An early Mother Goddess on a remote is a huge problem for Criminals, for instance. In one game I used it to score both ABT and GFI, and from 5-0 down it’s basically game over for the runner.

On another topic: Advanced Assembly Lines in your scoring remote is pretty good against Temujin because it lets you install ICE after they install Temujin. Or they run it, in which case they lose a bunch of money too (hopefully). Not that I won a lot of games against Temujin, because that card is bonkers, but it certainly helps. Here’s my current list*, which didn’t do too well at Nationals, but was often due to bad luck and/or bad piloting. The one game against Temujin Andy that I won was due to topdecking two agendas after Turning Wheel runs. I didn’t score a single GFI the whole tournament, although the double biotic often did the trick for me during the limited testing. Thinking about swapping them for NAPDs, but the deckslots are tight.

*the list I played used -1 Crisium +1 Targeted Marketing, which is useless in a rumour mill meta, -1 Vitruvius +1 Hopper because I thought people would play more Spycams and -1 Lateral Growth +1 Restructure, although that change is debatable. Also I had another Ash but swapped it for Troubleshooter because Yog and Mimic are cards that exist, and rumor mill is too.

3 Likes

Just wanted to share the HBFANA list I’ve been playing recently and see what people think. It plays around Rumor Mill by having JHow as its only unique asset, dodges Siphons with TarMar and SanSan, and makes for a pretty smooth ride. Fun fact: I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sherlock 2.0 when playing.

The Future is Corporate (49 cards)

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (11)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Corporate Sales Team
3 Project Vitruvius
2 The Future is Now

Asset (7)
3 Advanced Assembly Lines
1 Aggressive Secretary
3 Jackson Howard

Upgrade (3)
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite
2 SanSan City Grid

Operation (13)
1 Archived Memories
2 Biotic Labor
3 Blue Level Clearance
3 Hedge Fund
3 Lateral Growth
1 Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
3 Vanilla

Code Gate (7)
2 Magnet
2 Quandary
3 Turing

Sentry (5)
3 Architect
1 Ichi 1.0
1 Sherlock 2.0

1 Like

Bump, because I think Fast EtF is very well positioned in the current meta. It’s one of the best fair deck to deal with Sifr and other unfair runner decks. Here is what I used to win a Store Championship a week ago:

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (14)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (4)

10 influence spent (max 15-5★=10, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

As it has been noted in other places, HB has access to best tools to deal with Sifr. But, I think Ark Lockdown is underrated, not just for Sifr, but it deals with other problems. Get rid of Shapers’ only Parasite. Just have to purge once for Clot. Against Siphon Anarch, remove it. Yes, it’s fine to Ark for just one Siphon against non-Criminal. Against Anarch it’s fine to just remove a Parasite; they often don’t find 2+ for a while, and have to rely on Deja Vu to recur. I haven’t faced Val with this deck, but it’ll probably work for Blackmail too; just bait it out, remove 1 and now their SoT/Deja’s will stay in their hand for a while. Ark’ing conspiracy breakers opens up huge scoring windows. Oh, and there’s also Levy!

5 Likes

How do you use Adonis? I’d imagine you often put it into a second remote and put a single piece of ICE in front of it.

Looks good. Needs more Sleepers :grin: No but for real, I agree 100% that a faster HB with still painful/annoying ice is positioned super well right now. In all honesty though, Domestic Sleepers has been the best card for me. I’ve been playing a version of the deck regularly for about 6 months now and usually the only times I lose are when I’m at 6 points and cannot get that last one. How do you feel about switching your copies on BLC and Friends? I like being able to recur the AAL over and over as well as Launch Campaign (instead of Adonis). Cool list and grats on your SC win.

Most of the time it’s in my regular scoring remote. Every once in a while I create a second remote, most of the time I want to drag the runner through the same remote over and over.

Especially in the meta I faced over the two Store Championships I took this deck to, where 5 (!) out of 9 runners were on DLR. In that case, just Adonis monies roll in, even recur it with FiHP. It definitely helpful to threaten that you can trash their resources if you can defend against Siphon.

It’s best to put it in the remote in between scores, as you’re shoring up centrals. A full Adonis is fuel your last FA for the win. Both, if you want to do something crazy like double Biotic-ing the CST or triple Biotic-ing a GFI, but most of the time is just better to save a Biotic and 4 credits and never advancing the CST and GFI (with the appropriate number of Biotics).

2 Likes

I haven’t tried Sleepers, seems hard for me to justify the deckslots, but it may not be a bad idea. In this deck, it doesn’t have the added advantage of clearing out a current, because it doesn’t really care if Rumor Mill is out. Are you saying to switch the 2x BLC and 1x FiHP to 3x Sleepers? Or are you saying to switch to 1x BLC and 2x FiHP. BLC does help draw you into agendas when you want them, so it should help to mitigate your problem of being stuck at 6 points.

There may also be a playstyle difference. I’m drawing most turns with this deck, because most of my econ is burst-y, and I want to be shoving something in the remote, making it more taxing, and/or shoring up servers. And you also want to aggressively push out the GFI, which also avoids your 6 point problem, here’s what I wrote in the description:

TIP: Rush out a GFI early. Do it if you have like 70-80% chance to be successful. You’ve pretty much won if you can pull it off, but if they manage to steal it, it’s not the end of the world. (Also, I think I’ve seen Turntable once in the last few months; I guess Anarch have gotten cooler consoles.) This is not a FA deck; it’s mostly a rush deck that can close out with Biotic. You want to score out agendas over two turns, because it’s a whole lot cheaper than FA.

Are you often installing over your Launch Campaign? If not, Adonis pays out the same total for the first 3 turns, with the option of a 4th. So, unless you need the incremental payout for the first 2 turns, Adonis seems better. And it’s a bigger target for the runner; they may leave a Launch Campaign ticking down, but they really want to get the Adonis.

2 Likes

I have been trying so hard over the past few months since HB:AOT came out to make it work. The issue I’m facing is that it’s just a little too porous currently to deal with a lot of viable running strategies. It feels like it really needs another mid-range, taxing ETR ice that’s better than Markus to be viable. I have a hard time pulling off the early rush GFI with a bioroid deck, which I think makes all the difference.

I remember hearing a rumor that Eli 2.0 was coming out soon, maybe in Terminal Directive? That would be so nice right now.

In the meantime, I might give your deck a try. I agree that HBFA is in a good spot. I’m surprised you’re only running 1x FiHP, I feel like it’s been a crazy good card in all of my match-ups with AOT. If anything, Lateral Growth and/or AAL recursion seems awesome.

Also, no CVS? Decided Macrophage is a good enough replacement? I feel like CVS works great against decks that would otherwise like to run Archives repeatedly for Datasucker tokens, or for the spam Blackmail match-up when Medium is their primary scoring plan. Otherwise, I feel like I will personally try to find room for 1-2 Executive Boot Camps with that ice suite.

Sorry, I meant x1 BLC and x2 FiHP. But I think you’re right about it being a play style difference. I’m also constantly jamming things in the remote, but it’s up to the runner to determine if its a Launch, AAL or 3/2. The issue I had with Adonis was that it kept getting trashed, or I didn’t want to over install and Launch pays off immediately. I guess I am more impressed and happy that two seemingly similar decks actually operate quite differently and are suited towards their pilot (especially in a meta where ice isn’t supposed to be making a difference :wink:).

1 Like

Yeah, NEXT ice has really improved this deck. I’ve had similar problems in some match-ups, but once I switched out the Ichi’s and Fairchildren out for NEXT ice, it’s definitely seemed better. Just doesn’t seem worth getting the value of bioroids when their strength doesn’t matter. (You’re correct, that Eli 2.0 is supposed to be in Terminal Directive.)

FiHP doesn’t have as much impact if you’re not recurring a bunch of Break Bay Grids, Eves, and Adonis. It’s great value if you want to play the long game, but recurring AAL just pays for the cost of FiHP, and you just get one bonus recursion. I mostly just use it bring back ice, Crisium in relevant match-ups, and Adonis if I need a lot of econ. One FiHP and once Archived Memories seems like the right amount. I don’t want to spend too much time recurring back trashed things, if I can spend that time getting closer to scoring the next agenda.

Yeah, I’m trying out Macrophage instead of CVS in the same-ish slots. Keeps my ice count up, and really shuts down runners on Medium if they can’t deal with Macrophage permanently. I think so far it’s been a good replacement.

I got the Ark Lockdowns for Anarch strategies that keep trying to clear out ice on R&D or not allow you to rez. I’ve been convinced that 2 (or more) Ark Lockdowns is correct in this meta.

1 Like

Makes sense about Launch. My solution to it getting it trashed playstyle-wise is to put move ice on the remote :slight_smile: Overall, either seems fine in the right meta, having a bit more payout seems to help out a lot against the DLR decks that are pretty common in my area, but if that’s not the case in yours, the more nimble Launch seems good.

Yeah, I’ve been enjoying this deck in the meta. It’s great not to feel helpless against runners and still have a fair amount of ice.

1 Like

Ran a similar but quite different HB FA to 1st in our local SC:

Choosing to spend the bulk of my influence on a few very high impact cards in SSCG and Marcus Batty. Being able to FiHP the some combination of campaigns, breaker bays, and ICE. The flex card was definitely the Preemptive in which I typically used to recur biotic and friends it could be an Ark or Archived Memories, or any other influence free card.

Has anyone had a chance to try Bioroid Work Crew in a single-remote jammy HB with Biotic Labor to kick things off?

I put together a list and played a couple of games with it. With five or six 3/2 agendas and 3x Biotic Labor, there wasn’t much need to use BWC. Mostly it sat in the remote doing nothing while I Bioticked out ABTs to get them out of hand. I guess it’s a good way of getting a counter on Vitruvius? I dunno. In one game I was about to score a Corporate Sales Team out of hand but my opponent stole it.

My excitement for this card (in fast-ish HB at least) has waned somewhat. What do you think?

Use Subliminal Messaging too, that should help.

3 Likes

I think BWC is a post-rotation card. It will be much better when you won’t be able to play 6 3/2s in your deck and you will have to plan for scoring at least one 4/2 in most games.

7 Likes

it’s nice to have/use - together with jeeves and biotic you can already do a gfi out of hand with just 8 credits
and you can use subliminal with bwc and jeeves in the same deck for more FA-options

My ideal “HBFA” list is fast, flexible and—crucially—not horizontal. This allows me to still run 16 or 17 of the best ice in the game. I have found that decks that start expanding outwards with Team Sponsorships or Jeeveses or whatnot leave centrals more exposed by running fewer ice and also allow for more Temujin/Sec Testing/Aeneas targets or simple easy runs for Whizzard.

To me, a single-remote strategy with Lateral Growth and Advanced Assembly Lines to get cards into and over the server, probably SanSan and Biotic as fast advance enablers, is the true HBFA. Everything else is asset spam.

I liked Bioroid Work Crew because it a) goes in the remote to play Never Advance and b) is potentially enabled by operation econ (which I favour in single-remote HBFA). So far my results haven’t been good but I’m going to keep trying.

1 Like