Fetal.AI - Site/Updates thread

@Victorique - while you’re here, did you try Siphon out of Kit?

I’ve been brainstorming it a bit, wondered if you had any experience.

T16’d Nationals running a punk rawk deck named ‘Barely Legal’, that was actually a Criminal/Shaper hybrid. Finished the Runner triumvirate by Anarchistically tearing through opponent’s assumptions about what you would be playing, both in a Hayley deck and being a woman in the men-centric ANR scene, and taking advantage of that, even when at top tables.

6 Likes

The deck is pretty solid too. I cut the Faerie/Sac Con in the original and replaced it with Femme and 2x Stimhack and cut the refractor stuff for gordian/cycy. It’s strong though.

1 Like

Un-punk, cowardly moves.

4 Likes

You’re right, I’ll cut all the breakers and 1 stimhack for 3x crypsis and a memstrips

5 Likes

A true punk rawker runs only 2 Crypsis.

Come on we’re playing a super privileged college student who has no concept of the word struggle.

Also, where are all the runners who live below the poverty line?

1 Like

uh Andy? Ever since she became dispossessed she’s had to subsist on a diet of non-beluga caviar and sparkling white wine.

5 Likes

Geist, maybe? He’s supposed to be a gang-member, right? And I don’t think he’s at the top of the chain, there.

Geist runs Los Muertos. Los Muertos runs the Underway. I’d say the T3ch L0rd is pretty up there.

However, he prob. started as a Street Peddler.

‘true punk rawker’ was referring to you, not Hayley.

1 Like

MaxX and Nasir probably live below the poverty line. Exile certainly does.

4 Likes

I did when I was first starting. It was 2x Siphon 2x Femme, with Cyber Cyphers and Scavenge. I never liked how it ran, but it was also just a really bad deck. It might be more possible now, but I haven’t gone back to try it yet.

2 Likes

You’ve made the superior choice in replacement for certain. I’m happy to have held the spot for any length of time. :smile:

1 Like

Our latest Fetal.AI player profile is for some dude name Dan D’Argenio. Maybe you’ve heard him mentioned in the past once or twice; he doesn’t get around much. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll also be sharing some protips from @mediohxcore soon. I should have another fun interview snippet from Lukas in the next day or two – if you missed it last week, make sure you check out Lukas’s odd suggestion last week for an alternate take on sideboarding for large Netrunner tournaments.

4 Likes

A bit delayed on this, but here’s the latest interview excerpt covering Lukas on Psi games and the state of Netrunner’s meta. We talked about Marcus Batty and why Psi elements are “very important for the game”.

There’s other fun recent stuff on the site too, like the game’s first canonically queer runner, another adorable alt art, and advice from our world champ.

6 Likes

Awesome work - thanks for contributing to the community. Love the interviews.

I’ve been pretty terrible with getting original content up at Fetal.AI in recent weeks (we still have put up a lot of interesting posts, though!), but I’m starting to have stuff lined up again.

Today we have a profile of @kookoobah, who took second in last weekend’s hyper-competitive PSI Games tournament. On the way: more Netrunner tips, more interview snippets, and probably more cute alt arts.

7 Likes

Hey, I just put up my first feature article / profile at Fetal.AI!

It’s a piece on the journey of our 2015 U.S. Nationals champion - Lucas Li: From Heartbreak to Hero.

I feel like his story is super compelling – hope you make time to read it!

13 Likes

Very good. Just started.

May I throw out a recommendation? Maybe just a personal preference, but I prefer when hyperlinks in articles open in a new tab.

Otherwise, great as always, Eric.

3 Likes

thanks! updated the links, just for you :smile:

1 Like