Fetal.AI - Site/Updates thread

@eric_c: The Michael Jordan of Hyperlinks

3 Likes

Thank you sir,it’s really a great article.

1 Like

LOL, who leaked you the NEH ID image? Dan?

Yeah, it was posted in Slack!

Glad to see a great response to the profile on Lucas. These take a lot of work, so I don’t expect to produce a feature like that too often. Hoping I can meet some more people I want to profile this weekend at Worlds, though!

3 Likes

Yay, another Netrunner player profile, this time for the legendary Timmy Wong! Some good quotes in there.

I should have some more decent content coming up. Other recent posts include a collection of team uniforms/outfits from King of Servers, and the previously mentioned in-depth profile on Lucas Li (if you read only one thing on the site, read this!).

3 Likes

FWIW, that was just my best educated guess at Timmy’s deck. He hasn’t published yet.

“I would have loved to use the Top 4 backpack from Worlds last year at tournaments, but the zippers broke apart the first time I opened it.”

LMAO.

3 Likes

I was going to just do a short write-up on this Team Covenant video with FFG’s marketing SVP Steve Horvath, but then I ended up transcribing a bunch of stuff:

What’s next for Worlds?

Doesn’t really answer the question, but it touches on the space/tickets issue, and mentions things are in the works to evolve the event.

5 Likes

Nice writeup, thanks! A couple points:

In less than five years, the event has exploded from having a total headcount of just under 200 people to now 270 participating in the Netrunner tournament alone.

Weren’t there more than 270 players for Netrunner (around 290?), at least at the start of the tournament? Also, for comparison’s sake, how many players were there total for 2015?

Thanks for this article and the site in general, @eric_c. It’s a news take on the community that I don’t think anyone else is covering and it’s really fertile ground! I don’t think I’ve found any content on your site that I wasn’t really interested to read.

6 Likes

Aw thanks for the kind words! I’m pretty much just making it the Netrunner site I wish I could read. To be honest, I wish someone else was doing it so I could enjoy this stuff and not have to do any of the work. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m pleased there are other people who appreciate this type of content, though.

Zebadiah, I am just going off the list of players I saw at the end – I don’t believe FFG has released attendance numbers yet, though I might have missed it if they did.

3 Likes

Along with our newest profile on Worlds threat Ellen Biscotti, the site has shared a lot of junk recently, including:

I don’t know what I’ll post next. Too much awesome stuff I want to transcribe and share, but not enough time to actually do it!

7 Likes

Fetal.AI was my inspiration for doing more custom Netrunner stuff for myself. I’m also thinking about a few Custom ID’s because of it. Bookmarked and followed on my Tumblr for a little while, now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

here’s a silly thing i threw on the site!

Five Weird Panchatantra Tricks Corps Don’t Want You to Know About

@PHRHD belated reply, but thanks for the kind words! glad we could help inspire, even though we haven’t been putting out OC lately.

3 Likes

Wow, it’s been months since I shared any Fetal.AI posts on here. I feel like the site has had some fun original content too. Here are some links to what you’ve been missing:

I also just published a new profile on Noah McKee, who you might have heard is a pretty good player. Along with those links, I’ve also been sharing tips from Laurie and tweeting nonsense. I probably should spam this stuff here and other places more often…

7 Likes

More original content!

Here’s a bonus GIF of us playing Super Rhino in Pittsburgh. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I should probably post here more, in case some of you only read the site whenever I link it here lol.

Recent original content:

See you all at GenCon!

5 Likes