Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Woodcutter is an objectively terrible piece of ICE. Swap for more Firewall or space ice or… anything. Also, no Bryan Stinson?!

It’s not with Anson Rose. Also, he probably wants a deck that’s legal now

I’ll be honest… it’s still pretty bad, even with Anson. It’s about 10,000% more playable though, I’ll give it that.

2 Likes

Been experimenting with Friends in High Places in the traps deck, and man do runners not like having to constantly run into even more Prisecs after they hit and trash them. Prisecs for days, protecting ALL THE THINGS.

Still feeling a bit feast or famine, though.

3 Likes

Prisec + Friends in High Places does sound pretty disgusting.

That combo + Shock + BoN might actually be a thing.

Also, I think Zealous Judge is much, much more playable when you can just jam it down with Friends. I guess it necessitates two remotes, but Zealous’ biggest drawback in the past was that it had a pithy trash cost.

Blue Sun has now won my third SC, with the only not-first coming in fourth. Same deck I’ve been running, today beating Leela, DLR MaxX, Andy and Whiz in swiss. Top 4 was a loss to Andy, then victories against Au Revoir CT and Andy to win it all.

8 Likes

Kicking ass and taking names! That’s what I like to see.

2 Likes

Destroyer of Worlds v3.5

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (8)
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (5)
3x Anson Rose
2x Jackson Howard ●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Prisec

Operation (14)
2x Archived Memories ●●●●
1x Ark Lockdown ●●
2x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Dedication Ceremony
2x Friends in High Places ●●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Scorched Earth

Barrier (6)
3x Bailiff
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus

Sentry (6)
3x Sapper
3x Woodcutter

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Martial Law

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Force of Will v7.5

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (6)
1x Government Contracts
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment

Asset (8)
1x Cerebral Overwriter ●●
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
1x Shattered Remains
3x Snare! ●●●●● ●

Operation (18)
1x Archived Memories ●●
1x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
1x Hard-Hitting News ●●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Oversight AI
3x Punitive Counterstrike
2x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth

Barrier (9)
3x Curtain Wall
2x Hadrian’s Wall
2x Hive
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus

Sentry (3)
3x Sapper

Multi (1)
1x Orion

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Next project when Quorum is released a Core Weyland build.

Any plans you care to share? I tried to just slot Brian in and it didn’t work out quite so well.

I wish I could find two more freaking assets to play that I actually want so that I can run Mumbad.

Ended up throwing a BoN deck along these lines together at the 11’th hour before a SC yesterday. Probably should’ve tested it a little more, since some problems with that build would’ve been more apparent and easily fixed.

-Probably shouldn’t have ran the Public agenda suite. Needed the ability to sleaze agendas out sneakily pretending they’re traps. But when you have to install agendas face-up…
-Probably should have stuck something in to deal with Blackmail and other garbage because I had forgotten for a moment it was such a dumb thing.

Still totally murdered a couple of runners, though.

Going to go in and fix the problems and try it again when Jinteki stops being on fire.

1 Like

Awesome! I would love to see a list if you are up to share.

Have you thought about Chiyashi in Blue Sun?

It looks good at first blush (I’d love to replace the Curtain Walls with them), but the influence is competing with Janus for the slots. Dropping the Janus would leave all the big ICE as barriers (and a Wormhole, but I’m not crazy that ICE in Blue Sun), which feels pretty bad.

1 Like

Here’s my first pass at a Weyland Stinson deck. It’s very barebones, but it’s rampaging in Casual. Stinson is like HHN, or Fairchild 3.0 when it first came out. People are oblivious (or get a bad draw) in the first few turns and sometimes I can fire Stinson while they set up. I’m going for these basic points:

• Slot enough transactions to matter
  • Consistent, aggressive method to tax Runner credits
  • Decent mix of ETR and taxing ICE.

So I came up with a basic Door-to-Door Zealous Judge combo to either get the Runner low to fire Stinson, or to tag them with Judge and murder. Caduceus = Veritas.

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●
3x Zealous Judge (Fear the Masses)

Upgrade (3)
3x Bryan Stinson i[/i]

Operation (18)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Door to Door i[/i]
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) ●●●
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
2x Data Ward i[/i] ●●●●● ●
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (4)
1x DNA Tracker i[/i] ●●●
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (5)
2x Archer (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

1 Like

Given that Stinson ignores all costs is there scope for a Shipment from SanSan fast advance deck with him? Also worth noting he really messes up runner maths for stuff like Scorched or Punitive.

Stinson is only transactions, unfortunately.

Doh, of course. Well there goes that half formed lunacy.

I actually really like door to door in the scope of this.

So long as your opponent is not on link, you have something to pitch money into to tag em, or they spend down.

It combos nicely with Zealous Judge if they just try to shrug off the trace.

You still planning on DNA Tracker in the build post next the new anarch console?

Also, you could maybe slot Slee into this build. Slee likes a lot of your ice.

Yea, I’m thinking cutting for at least 1x SEA. Puts the influence in an odd space. maybe -1 GLC +1 BLC?

It’s been surprisingly effective. I have been able to play footsies back and forth with Faust Whiz and beat a money&breakers andromeda, along with a bunch of various casual decks.

ICE isn’t quite right, and the agendas aren’t final at all. Still needs lots of love and tuning, but its certainly able to do something so far.

Slee is indeed great with this ICE but its tough finding a server for her, where I already have trouble finding a home for judge.

UPDATE:
Still winning lots in Casual (yea yea I know). Data Ward is sick in this deck. SEA was indeed the right call. It’s a decent out. I have a super easy time getting the runner either judge locked with tags or in SEA range, but not enough outs after they stop clearing. Data Ward has been MVP in this stage of the game that lasts too long. Maybe I need to include more kill, like Boom or Traffic Accident on top of Scorch. Might have to cut money?? ICE is sparse enough and 3x DtD, 3x Stinson, and 3x Judge feels very integral.

3 Likes

I might try IP Block in there when I take it for a spin. I am predicting a lot of Faust and crap next pack.

I also want to try slotting Friends, since you can throw out your Zealous Judge or Stinson. It might also be really, really important if ice destruction ramps up.

Keep the DtD dream alive!
I wanted that card to be so goddamn good. If it is even playable in a tier 2/3 deck I will be very happy.

Weyland 1 rush deck with Bryan has actually been working out really well locally. Enforcing Loyalty is an absolute monster in some match ups and can open some big windows as it doesn’t require a run to fire.

I am still trying to figure out the ice.