Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

At the risk of being a heretic, I’ve found that Boom/Midseason/Stynson decks are better in NBN than Weyland.

Agenda Agenda (6)
3x Priority Requisition
3x Restructured Datapool

Asset Asset (4)
2x Jackson Howard
2x Reversed Accounts

Upgrade Upgrade (3)
2x Bryan Stinson ●●●●● ●
1x Crisium Grid ●

Operation Operation (19)
1x Best Defense
2x BOOM! ●●●●● ●
2x Consulting Visit ○○○○○ ○
1x Hard-Hitting News
3x Hedge Fund
1x Midseason Replacements
3x Restructure
1x Snatch and Grab
2x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing

Barrier Barrier (8)
2x Data Ward
3x IP Block
3x Resistor

Code Gate Code Gate (1)
1x Quandary

Sentry Sentry (3)
2x Data Raven
1x Sapper ●●

If you don’t want to abandon Weyland, the shell is exactly the same, only with High-Risk instead of Datapool. Sadly, I only have a GRNDL list, which after testing proved much worse than BABW.

Agenda (7)
3 High-Risk Investment
3 Priority Requisition
1 Project Atlas

Asset (3)
2 Contract Killer
1 Reversed Accounts ●​

ICE (11)
1 Bulwark
1 Fire Wall
3 Mausolus
1 Quandary
2 Sapper
3 Spiderweb

Operation (24)
2 BOOM!
3 Beanstalk Royalties
1 Best Defense
3 Consulting Visit
1 Hard-Hitting News ●​●​
3 Hedge Fund
1 Midseason Replacements ●​●​●​●​
3 Preemptive Action
3 Restructure
1 Snatch and Grab
3 Targeted Marketing ●​●​●​

Upgrade (4)
2 Bryan Stinson
2 Crisium Grid

Snatch and Grab is kind of odd tech to me. I rarely, if ever see it actually do anything.

I like the ice spread. I would suggest a NASX if you are on BABW. The double trigger for each transaction means you can get some sweet acceleration.

I am also curious why all the three pointers. Prireq seems really under utilized in this build.

It’s certainly useful if you suspect supplier Andy, as they tend to install supplier, host, host, host. The fact that you can slot one but effectively get four chances with Consulting Visit is also cool.

Snatch and Grab is anti-Film Critic tech since that one card pretty much invalidates the win con of the deck. Ain’t no one going to score out 3x 5/3s.

1 Like

I play it in more than half of my games. Getting rid of Film Critic is super important and hitting Beth and Aaron is also a very good thing. Sometimes you hit The Supplier too. Ultimately, you have the space and those are the few cards that annoy the deck so spending a slot on getting rid of them is pretty big.

The decks don’t really care about scoring much, though the NBN version certainly can. Playing more agendas is a liability because it makes Aaron meaningful instead of a bad Lawyer Up and they clog your hand. Most importantly, playing 5/3s gives you 3 decks slots and the decks need them all.

High-Risk/Restructured Datapool are also game-enders so if you want to play those, it’s better to go all the way and play more 5/3s, even if they are completely useless like Priority is.

1 Like

I suppose I will have to try Snatch. I don’t see as much film critic locally and it gets turned off if Aaron is on the table and primed.

I think I might suggest going with a hades shard instead of a single prireq. Since the 5/3s are kind of fluff cards anyway, I would probably go with cards that let you recycle threats. You have tutoring potential after all.

Seems sound. Had not considered a chunky build that is all in on the kill. You also have the option of going up to government takeover too for higher variance at the cost of an extra deck slot.

Snatch & Grab is also handy since, if my memory serves, if they go the tag route to avoid the trash you can use it to turn on a Judge before they have a chance to Aaron it away.

You can.

But I struggle to include judge in my deck right now. Slots are tight and while he does enable Scorched pretty well, he doesn’t play as nicely with boom.

Also, with Aaron in like 2/3s of decks, landing a single tag is often inconsequential.

Here’s the one I’m working on. So far so good. Just gotta go fast and hit them with incessant HHN. The HHN/Zealous Judge combo is pretty sweet against Marron.

HHN is great for getting their credits down to where Stinson can fire.

Not convinced the Ice suite is optimal. Tribunal is pretty funny if they aren’t ready for it. most of the time it doesn’t get rezzed.

Building a Bryan Boom

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (9)
1x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
3x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (2)
2x Bryan Stinson

Operation (18)
2x Beanstalk Royalties
2x Blue Level Clearance ●●●●
2x BOOM!
2x Consulting Visit
3x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●● ●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth

Barrier (3)
3x Vanilla

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma
1x Macrophage
3x Mausolus

Sentry (5)
2x Sapper
1x Tribunal
2x Veritas

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

2 Likes

if only dedication ceremony was a transaction :slight_smile:

Warming up a little to the idea of Zealous Judge. Its a must trash asset that lets you directly combat Aaron Marron.

Also, if the runner is not on some kind of tag removal game, you are forcing the runner to go broke if you just click it 2-3 times a turn.

Its probably not as good as I am thinking, but I like the idea.

1 Like

I’ve been pretty happy with the judge. Fun to rez after a account siphon provided you have the money.

1 Like

Force of Will v experiment

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (6)
1x Government Contracts
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Project Junebug ●●
3x Snare! ●●●●● ●

Upgrade (2)
2x Bryan Stinson

Operation (18)
1x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
1x Hard-Hitting News ●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Preemptive Action
3x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Voter Intimidation ●●

Barrier (6)
2x Bailiff
2x Meru Mati
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus

Sentry (5)
3x Sapper
2x Veritas

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Something I’ve been thinking going back to in a Aaron Asshole meta is pulling out the Prisec/DRT’s again, since he isn’t a Prevent/Avoid and you can’t Aaron away the tags from Prisecs until after the run ends and they get another window for abilities.

1 Like

any deck that includes dedicated response team is fine by me

3 Likes

Mister Skorpio

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (8)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]

Upgrade (4)
2x Bryan Stinson i[/i]
2x Marcus Batty (The Underway) [color=#DC143C]●●●●● ●[/color]

Operation (18)
1x Best Defense i[/i]
1x BOOM! i[/i]
2x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
2x Friends in High Places (Martial Law) [color=#8A2BE2]●●[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
2x Hunter Seeker (Terminal Directive)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) [color=#FF8C00]●●●●[/color]
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (3)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (5)
1x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
3x Sapper (Martial Law)
1x Tribunal i[/i]
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

First draft rig shooter kill rush hybrid

@seamus @Ulkrond @Benjen @Myriad @Saan @ErikTwice

3 Likes

1 Like

So, so pumped that the big W is getting an ID that is not only playable but good right now.

1 Like

Chief Slee x Mr. Stone OTP

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Stone might be fun with Door to Door to pop 'em in the face. Land the tag? They’re going to get popped in the face for a meat on their turn. Or import a Data Raven or eight. Taking the tag instead of ETR’ing? EFF YOU HAVE MEAT. The tag on Mausolus gets dangerous again too. Or Prisecs! Now hitting one is going to chunk for 2 meat instead of one while Stone’s on the table. Snares pop for 3 net 1 meat…